Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,989 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. (633 Views)

He Converted To This So He Could Get a job & Told Me This... / James Oluwafemi Shares How He Converted From A Muslim To Christian / Adebayor Reveals Why He Converted To Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by faithsurvey: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
Meet Baptist Pastor who Converted to Islam after 50 Years as a Missionary and Pastor

David S. Gullion is the son of a US Army veteran who served in the World War II and was also Baptist missionaries. The religious inclinations of his parent meant that David grew up in a home with a lot of Christian activities and so he had a strong Christian foundation in his early days which persuaded to become a Baptist missionary just like his father.
But despite his devotion to the Baptist church as a missionary and clergyman, David felt he needed to know more about religion and the Prophets. This led him into series of investigations that led him into a whole new experience, different from the reality of his parents and his church.

In an interview TheDeenShow, a popular Islamic programme in America, David spoke about his spiritual journey that made him turn his back to his Christian experience and 50 years of serving as a missionary in the Baptist church. Now he is a confessed Muslim.

During the interview, he also spoke about his book, “The Last Christian” which chronicles his journey into Islam.

“My parents were Baptist missionaries. My father was a soldier in US army in WW2. Even as a young person, I came to realise that there must have been a difference between the Jesus of faith and the person of history. And it wasn’t until I began to investigate Islam that I began to make sense of who Jesus was. During this investigating I eventually became Muslim.

“This was in march 1995, what happened was that Dr. Allum invited me to talk to him in Abubakar mosque here in Houston. The only question I asked him the whole time I was there was “is Prophet Mohammed the same prophet as you would find in the bible?” “And he said yes.”

“In my opinion I don’t think he was, but I was going to investigate. I had all that I needed to have an investigation. I simply ran home got my old testament. Ran through the Old Testament to know what defines a prophet in the Old Testament.

“Then I went out to make an investigation of Prophet Mohammed. To my great surprise he fit the criteria. Then I was interested. I got two translation of the Koran and over a two week period I read both of them.

“Then I felt a strong compulsion to become a Muslim, but I did not want to become a Muslim. And I said to myself “if I can have one good reason not to become Muslim I will not become a Muslim. And so I spent three months trying to find a good reason not to become a Muslim. But based on what I know I felt that I had to become a Muslim,” he said. “That is why I am a Muslim,” he concluded.

Based on his experience and quest to discover religion, David wrote a book, “The Last Christian” which he says is an effort to differentiate between the Jesus of history, the person that actually walk the earth with Jesus of faith.

*A pastor for 50 years, but Converted to Islam. Why ?* (Part 1 of 2)

_Click the link bellow to watch his interview_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJu1kp9aeAE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by EzegeNdiigbo: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2022
Am tired mehn am tired angry

Wahala every minutes
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by Afamsi: 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
Them don buy his soul with money
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by Sheunma: 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
Allamdullilah!
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by longetivity(m): 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2022
markgibbs:
Islam is not a religion.. Islam is sheer stupidity

Argue with your keypads.
This is nonsense
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by Uyi168: 12:44am On Jan 02, 2022
no true Christian will leave Christianity.
no true Muslim will ever Islam..

the delusion on both parts continue..
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by AntiChristian: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2022

1 Like

Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2022
He wasn't a Christian in the first place but a MISINFORMED CHURCHGOERS!
Let me say few things about Jesus and how he commissioned the movement then i welcome anyone who may feel what i said is wrong to present his argument with points.

Jesus do go to meet people in their homes preached and taught from house to house even though there was a Temple and several synagogues where the Israelites do meet for worship. Matthew 10:11-13
Is that the same thing this pastor did?

Jesus taught his disciples not to see anyone as enemy but keep praying for their enemies as a means of making peace, so no Christian can think of raising weapons against anyone be it a friend or foe! Matthew 5:43-48
Is that the same way this pastor did?

Jesus taught his followers never to interfere in politics because it's Satan's scheme that easily makes people raise weapons against one another! John 15:19; 17:14-16; 18:36
Is that the same way this pastor did?

These are the simple tenets of Christianity that any honest hearted individual can't deny, so whoever doesn't find himself in such a setting is not a Christian. It's not about praying for people without going to meet them in their homes as Jesus' custom! smiley
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by AllahIsSatan: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Scientists who believe that the sun sets in a pool of muddy water? What kind of oturugbeke "scientists" is the world producing these days? grin

[img]https://images./2JtxbqXiTZKSsFwLC0qDsE.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKetWZeTjI4&fbclid=IwAR3T0bDbFQDnP8ziBgpV2eKMz5jZz8BwDYfU-2XyFBoKi2_NyXAD6_NVrfg

Watch 5 Scientists revert to Islam!
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by faithsurvey: 7:33am On Jan 04, 2022
Jesus taught God is One.
[url]Oneness of God could be found in more than hundred places in Bible.
[/url]
Re: After Being A Pastor For 50 Years, He Converted To Islam. by faithsurvey: 7:45am On Jan 04, 2022
After being a pastor for 50 years, he Converted to Islam. Why?

Click the link bellow to watch his interview

*Meet Baptist Pastor who Converted to Islam after 50 Years as a Missionary and Pastor*

David S. Gullion is the son of a US Army veteran who served in the World War II and was also Baptist missionaries. The religious inclinations of his parent meant that David grew up in a home with a lot of Christian activities and so he had a strong Christian foundation in his early days which persuaded to become a Baptist missionary just like his father.
But despite his devotion to the Baptist church as a missionary and clergyman, David felt he needed to know more about religion and the Prophets. This led him into series of investigations that led him into a whole new experience, different from the reality of his parents and his church.

In an interview TheDeenShow, a popular Islamic programme in America, David spoke about his spiritual journey that made him turn his back to his Christian experience and 50 years of serving as a missionary in the Baptist church. Now he is a confessed Muslim.

During the interview, he also spoke about his book, “The Last Christian” which chronicles his journey into Islam.

“My parents were Baptist missionaries. My father was a soldier in US army in WW2. Even as a young person, I came to realise that there must have been a difference between the Jesus of faith and the person of history. And it wasn’t until I began to investigate Islam that I began to make sense of who Jesus was. During this investigating I eventually became Muslim.

“This was in march 1995, what happened was that Dr. Allum invited me to talk to him in Abubakar mosque here in Houston. The only question I asked him the whole time I was there was “is Prophet Mohammed the same prophet as you would find in the bible?” “And he said yes.”

“In my opinion I don’t think he was, but I was going to investigate. I had all that I needed to have an investigation. I simply ran home got my old testament. Ran through the Old Testament to know what defines a prophet in the Old Testament.

“Then I went out to make an investigation of Prophet Mohammed. To my great surprise he fit the criteria. Then I was interested. I got two translation of the Koran and over a two week period I read both of them.

“Then I felt a strong compulsion to become a Muslim, but I did not want to become a Muslim. And I said to myself “if I can have one good reason not to become Muslim I will not become a Muslim. And so I spent three months trying to find a good reason not to become a Muslim. But based on what I know I felt that I had to become a Muslim,” he said. “That is why I am a Muslim,” he concluded.

Based on his experience and quest to discover religion, David wrote a book, “The Last Christian” which he says is an effort to differentiate between the Jesus of history, the person that actually walk the earth with Jesus of faith.

*A pastor for 50 years, but Converted to Islam. Why ?* (Part 1 of 2)

_Click the link bellow to watch his interview_

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Replace Bible In Phone With Hardcopy Bible In Church / Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? / Adult Education & Mass Literacy Center In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.