Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? (603 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2022
Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church?

The position of Christ with respect to women speaking in His church is clearly depicted in the instruction He gave to the first person He appeared to after His resurrection, which happened to be a woman, in the following passage.

John 20:17-18 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Now this was according to the account given by apostle John, who was implied to be the closest disciple to Jesus, of His resurrection.

According to John, it was a woman Jesus first appeared to after His resurrection, and first sent to bear the message of His resurrection to His church which consisted of His disciples.

This account of John about a woman being the first one sent by Jesus to speak His resurrection message to His church was pretty much backed by the three other accounts given by Matthew, Mark, Luke to establish that fact. Matthew 28:1-10, Mark 16:1-11, Luke 24:1-10.

Prior to this, the angels were also said to have sent the woman the same message.

Matthew 28:7-10 (KJV)

And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

So this was corroborated by Jesus, to prove that the angels didn't just give the women that instruction on their own, but it was indeed the Will of God and very strategic for women to be the first ones to bring the message of Christ's resurrection to His church.

Hence it was through women that the church first got to know that Jesus had risen from the dead. In fact Jesus even rebuked His church for not believing the message He sent the women to bring to bring to them about His resurrection.

Mark 16:14 (KJV)

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

So if these accounts given by Jesus' disciples were anything to go by, Jesus didn't only permit women to speak in His church, but they were also His first messengers to the church after His resurrection, as they were the first ones He sent to convey His message of resurrection to them.

However, in spite of this proven fact, you'd still hear some who claim to be Christians and His followers saying that a woman is not permitted to speak in the church, that she ought to remain silent, and they use this saying of apostle Paul in the Bible to back the claim.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 (KJV)

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Hence I'd like to ask such ones just one question:

Who is supposed to permit women to speak in the church but Christ who is the owner of the church?

Isn't it supposed to the sole prerogative of Christ to permit women to speak or not to speak in the church, since the church cannot have two masters but just one?

However some feel that it's not just Christ who has the right to give that permission, so they'd start calling those who would rather follow the teachings and example of Christ concerning women, "Antichrist!"

Hence I'd like to ask them again,

is it Christlike to forbid women from speaking in the church, when Christ clearly permitted them to speak?

God bless.
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2022
Prior to this instance where after the resurrection of Jesus, it was the woman He first used to bear the message of His resurrection to church, it was also a woman Jesus used as the first evangelist to bear His witness to the Samaritans.

This wasn't a mere coincidence but a very strategic plan of God and in accordance to His Will as was observed in the instance below:

John 4:3-7 (KJV)

He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.
And he must needs go through Samaria.
Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

So Jesus needed to go through Samaria, because of a divine assignment He had to accomplish in Samaria which involved the Samaritan woman He met in the well.

However when the disciples came back to meet Him with the woman, they were shocked and couldn't comprehend why Jesus would be speaking with a Samaritan woman. But at the end, the result spoke for itself.

John 4:27-30 (KJV)

And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?
The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.

John 4:39-42 (KJV)

And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.
And many more believed because of his own word;
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Hence, it was a woman Jesus first used to draw many Samaritans to Himself, and the work He used her to do for Him seemed very important to Him. It was more important to Him than food the disciples had brought to Him despite Him being hungry, as shown by His response after they asked Him eat.

John 4:32 (KJV)

But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

John 4:34 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

That was how important the work He was doing with the woman was to Him. It was (as important as) His meat which is to do the Will of God.

Now imagine later telling the same woman that Jesus used to do that very important work to Him, to first bear witness of Himself to the Samaritans, which made them to believe in Him, to be silent and not speak in the resulting church in Samaria.

How do you think Christ would feel?

God bless.
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2022
Moreover, prior to the coming of Christ, God had proven severally that women were permitted to speak even in His own House which He literally dwelt in.

It was in the House of God, that a woman, called prophetess Anna, prophesied and spoke about Jesus when He was being dedicated to God in the Temple.

Luke 2:36-38 (KJV)

And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Now this took place in Temple prior to when Christ came and redeemed the woman from the curse and bondage of her sin, yet God not only permitted the prophetess to speak in His own house, but also spoke through her to all those in the Temple concerning His only begotten Son Jesus, so how much more after Christ has come and redeemed the woman from the curse of her sins?

The Truth is that God has never stopped women from speaking or prophesying in His House and would never change His ways, hence the prophecy of Joel concerning the women prophesying in the last days.

Acts 2:17-18 (KJV)

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

So the plan of God concerning the last days is that He would still use the women to speak and prophesy, because He was going to pour out of His Spirit on all flesh, that is to say, not just the men, but also the women. So not just the men, but both of them, that is, including the women shall prophesy.

Therefore, for those who still believe that women ought to be silent and not speak in the church, they should kindly tell us, where the women were going to prophesy in the last days, in the kitchen?

That's why a lot of Christians, including some who are truly of God would still find themselves being left out of some of what God is going to do in these last days.

Because as I always say, God doesn't follow man. It's man that ought to follow God. So if anyone, regardless of who it is, decide to go his own way or that of men, instead of that of God, but still expects God to follow him, the man is bound to find himself walking on his own.

That's how many of the church lost out when God was using Kathryn Kulman to bring many souls to Him. They choose to believe the saying of an apostle of Christ, that a woman was not meant to speak but be silent in the church, instead of that of Christ the owner of the church, which clearly permits women not to speak only but also to lead, so when God was doing things His own way they found themselves being left out of what God was doing.

I have said it severally. And i'm going to say it again. God is going to raise a lot of mighty women in these last days, whom He'd use to draw many men to Himself, as He did with the Samaritan woman and many others in times past.

This is very scriptural and corresponds with the example and teachings of Christ.

He's raising them already, and i'm a part and parcel of the process, because I chose not to walk contrary but in accordance to His Will, the example of Christ and teachings concerning the woman. So I'm a huge beneficiary of that, as i'm not being left out of what God is doing, but God is so carrying me along.

Hence just as Jesus had done with the Samaritan woman, using her to draw many to Himself, God is also using me to inspire several women to this end, the most recent, a woman He told me was important to Him earlier this year, whose story I shared here recently.

God bless.
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Acts 2:17-18 (KJV)

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

From the above prophecy pf Joel concerning the last days, it can be deduced what God's plans were for these last days.

Now it was clearly stated there that God was going to pour out of His Spirit all flesh, that is to say, not just the men, but also the women. Also not just the men, but both of them, that is, the women also shall prophesy.

So for those who still believe that women ought to be silent and not speak in the church, they should kindly tell us, where the women were going to prophesy in the last days, in the kitchen?

That's why a lot of Christians, including some who are truly of God would still find themselves being left out of some of what God is going to do in these last days.

Because as I always say, God doesn't follow man. It's man that ought to follow God. So if anyone, regardless of who it is, decide to go his own way or that of men, instead of that of God, but still expects God to follow him, the man is bound to find himself walking on his own.

That's how many of the church lost out when God was using Kathryn Kulman to bring many souls to Him. They choose to believe the saying of an apostle of Christ, that a woman was not meant to speak but be silent in the church, instead of that of Christ the owner of the church, which clearly permits women not to speak only but also to lead, so when God was doing things His own way they found themselves being left out of what God was doing.

I have said it severally. And i'm going to say it again. God is going to raise a lot of mighty women in these last days, whom He'd use to draw many men to Himself, as He did with the Samaritan woman and many others in times past.

This is very scriptural and corresponds with the example and teachings of Christ.

He's raising them already, and i'm a part and parcel of the process, because I chose not to walk contrary but in accordance to His Will, the example of Christ and teachings concerning the woman. So I'm a huge beneficiary of that, as i'm not being left out of what God is doing, but God is so carrying me along.

Hence just as Jesus had done with the Samaritan woman, using her to draw many to Himself, God is also using me to inspire several women to this end, the most recent, a woman He told me was important to Him earlier this year, whose story I shared here recently.

God bless.
is it Paul like to not allow women speak in church?

1 Corinthians 14
34 The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says.
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by advocatejare(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
haekymbahd:
is it Paul like to not allow women not to speak in church?

1 Corinthians 14
34 The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says.
Is it Muhammad-like to say that women are deficient in intelligence and to say that majority of those in hellfire are women?

Sahih al-Bukhari 304
Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:
Once Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) of `Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
advocatejare:

Is it Muhammad-like to say that women are deficient in intelligence and to say that majority of those in hellfire are women?

Sahih al-Bukhari 304
Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:
Once Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) of `Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
This is about the bible/Christianity why bring Islam. This thread is not about underating women or not but obedience to God.

Did Paul say women shouldn't speak in church if yes why the disobedience from women today...

1. Is Paul writing on women speaking in church based on his own personal opinion or he was led by the holy spirit?

1 Corinthians 14

2. Who gave the Law?
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by advocatejare(m): 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
haekymbahd:
This is about the bible/Christianity why bring Islam. This thread is not about underating women or not but obedience to God.

Did Paul say women shouldn't speak in church if yes why the disobedience from women today...

1. Is Paul writing on women speaking in church based on his own personal opinion or he was led by the holy spirit?

1 Corinthians 14

2. Who gave the Law?
Did Muhammad say that women are deficient in intelligence or not?

Did Muhammad say that the majority of people in hell are women or not?

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
advocatejare:

That shouldn't be a hard question for you if you know the story of Adam and Eve.

According to your bible Eve the first woman persuaded by the serpent to disobey God and eat the forbidden fruit and eventually tricked Adam and that's where original sin came from which your God (Jesus) died for...

With this point I am sure you will agree with Muhammad.

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

3. Why are christian women today not following it?
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by advocatejare(m): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
haekymbahd:
That shouldn't be a hard question for you if you know the story of Adam and Eve.

Eve the first woman.

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

I know the story of Eve, Eve was not deficient in intelligence. I’ll ask you again:

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
advocatejare:

I know the story of Eve, Eve was not deficient in intelligence. I’ll ask you again:

so tell us why Eve fell for the serpent's trick and why the serpent target Eve first instead of Adam?

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by advocatejare(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
haekymbahd:
so tell us why Eve fell for the serpent's trick and why the serpent target Eve first instead of Adam?
You tell me, shebi you’re trying to prove that Muhammad is right that all the women in your life are deficient in intelligence.

Intelligent women are those that I have around me

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
advocatejare:

You tell me, shebi you’re trying to prove that Muhammad is right that all the women in your life are deficient in intelligence.

Intelligent women are those that I have around me
Your teacher Apostle Paul thinks women are not as intelligent as men.

1 Timothy 2

7 And of this matter I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (special messenger)--I am speaking the truth in Christ, I do not falsify [when I say this]--a teacher of the Gentiles in [the realm of] faith and truth.

8 I desire therefore that in every place men should pray, without anger or quarreling or resentment or doubt [in their minds], lifting up holy hands.

9 Also [I desire] that women should adorn themselves modestly and appropriately and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with [elaborate] hair arrangement or gold or pearls or expensive clothing,

10 But by doing good deeds (deeds in themselves good and for the good and advantage of those contacted by them), as befits women who profess reverential fear for and devotion to God.

11 Let a woman learn in quietness, in entire submissiveness.

12 I allow no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to remain in quietness and keep silence [in religious assemblies].

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve;(A)

14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but [the] woman who was deceived and deluded and fell into transgression.(B)

advocatejare:

He said so..

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by advocatejare(m): 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
haekymbahd:
Your teacher Apostle Paul thinks women are not as intelligent as men.

1 Timothy 2

7 And of this matter I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (special messenger)--I am speaking the truth in Christ, I do not falsify [when I say this]--a teacher of the Gentiles in [the realm of] faith and truth.

8 I desire therefore that in every place men should pray, without anger or quarreling or resentment or doubt [in their minds], lifting up holy hands.

9 Also [I desire] that women should adorn themselves modestly and appropriately and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with [elaborate] hair arrangement or gold or pearls or expensive clothing,

10 But by doing good deeds (deeds in themselves good and for the good and advantage of those contacted by them), as befits women who profess reverential fear for and devotion to God.

11 Let a woman learn in quietness, in entire submissiveness.

12 I allow no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to remain in quietness and keep silence [in religious assemblies].

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve;(A)

14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but [the] woman who was deceived and deluded and fell into transgression.(B)

He said so..

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

Paul didn’t use the word “intelligence”, but didn’t say that women are deficient in intelligence like Muhammad did.

No wonder all of you Muslims on this platform act the same, how else does one expect the children of women deficient in intelligence to act?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2022
advocatejare:

Paul didn’t use the word “intelligence”, but didn’t say that women are deficient in intelligence like Muhammad did.

No wonder all of you Muslims on this platform act the same, how else does one expect the children of women deficient in intelligence to act?

He said so... Why did Paul say women shouldn't speak in church obviously because they can be easily manipulated by Satan and can corrupt man right.

This shows that your teacher beleives woman are deficient in intelligence compared to man or explain what it means.

I want to also ask which spirit is making your christian women speak in church it is obvious it is different from that of Apostle Paul. I just hope a demon has not entered into christianity

And I hope your intelligent women have not given you forbidden fruit to eat grin?

1 Corinthians 14

37 If anyone thinks and claims that he is a prophet [filled with and governed by the Holy Spirit of God and inspired to interpret the divine will and purpose in preaching or teaching] or has any other spiritual endowment, let him understand (recognize and acknowledge) that what I am writing to you is a command of the Lord.

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Image123(m): 4:34am On Mar 21, 2022
A joker is telling us that the epistles are not the Word of God. Just laugh and pass.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Gointo: 6:54am On Mar 21, 2022
you asked a question that you already know the answer, even Paul that gave the advice didn't write epistle about it...Go and read the Bible,knowledge of the scripture is to live holy and preach to other unsaved ones...Not to create threads for intellectualism.

assuming someone asked you,let say a new convert then ..you can direct them to where in the Bible Paul gave the advice.

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:02am On Mar 21, 2022
Image123:
A joker is telling us that the epistles are not the Word of God. Just laugh and pass.
Am i surprised a male chauvinist/sexist believes it was God who commanded women to keep silent in the church because it's a shame for them to speak.

Anything in the Bible which massages your chauvinistic ego is the Word of God, right?

Feel immense pity for the women in your life especially your wife.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2022
Gointo:
you asked a question that you already know the answer, even Paul that gave the advice didn't write epistle about it...Go and read the Bible,knowledge of the scripture is to live holy and preach to other unsaved ones...Not to create threads for intellectualism.

assuming someone asked you,let say a new convert then ..you can direct them to where in the Bible Paul gave the advice.
Why not simply answer the question. Is it Christlike or not?

Don't worry about me because only a few who really care would be able to comprehend the purpose of this post, considering the damage such an orientation and saying has caused in the church and amount of souls that have been lost as a result.
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by advocatejare(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2022
haekymbahd:
He said so... Why did Paul say women shouldn't speak in church obviously because they can be easily manipulated by Satan and can corrupt man right.

This shows that your teacher beleives woman are deficient in intelligence compared to man or explain what it means.

I want to also ask which spirit is making your christian women speak in church it is obvious it is different from that of Apostle Paul. I just hope a demon has not entered into christianity
Muhammad is the one who confessed that demons live in him

And I hope your intelligent women have not given you forbidden fruit to eat grin?

1 Corinthians 14

37 If anyone thinks and claims that he is a prophet [filled with and governed by the Holy Spirit of God and inspired to interpret the divine will and purpose in preaching or teaching] or has any other spiritual endowment, let him understand (recognize and acknowledge) that what I am writing to you is a command of the Lord.

Question

2. Who gave the Law?

Apart from the fact that your women are deficient in intelligence and are the majority in hell, Allah and Muhammad even command you to treat them like animals by beating them.

I hope your father obeys the law of Allah by beating your mother? And I hope you beat or will beat your wife too and allow your daughter to be beaten by her husband ?

"Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.
-Sunan Abu Dawud 11:2142

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."
-Quran 4:34

Sahih al-Bukhari 5825
Narrated `Ikrima:
Rifa`a divorced his wife whereupon `AbdurRahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi married her. `Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came, `Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" When `AbdurRahman heard that his wife had gone to the Prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment, `Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! She has told a lie! I am very strong and can satisfy her but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifa`a." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifa`a unless `Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." Then the Prophet (ﷺ) saw two boys with `Abdur- Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that `AbdurRahman said, "Yes." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You claim what you claim (i.e.. that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow,"

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Broveens42(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2022
advocatejare:

Muhammad is the one who confessed that demons live in him

Apart from the fact that your women are deficient in intelligence and are the majority in hell, Allah and Muhammad even command you to treat them like animals by beating them.

I hope your father obeys the law of Allah by beating your mother? And I hope you beat or will beat your wife too and allow your daughter to be beaten by her husband ?

"Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.
-Sunan Abu Dawud 11:2142

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."
-Quran 4:34

Sahih al-Bukhari 5825
Narrated `Ikrima:
Rifa`a divorced his wife whereupon `AbdurRahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi married her. `Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came, `Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" When `AbdurRahman heard that his wife had gone to the Prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment, `Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! She has told a lie! I am very strong and can satisfy her but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifa`a." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifa`a unless `Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." Then the Prophet (ﷺ) saw two boys with `Abdur- Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that `AbdurRahman said, "Yes." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You claim what you claim (i.e.. that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow,"

You would do better by answering that question;
Who gave the law about women not speaking in church?
And when you are shading other religions, remember this also:

1 Chronicles 21
1Then SATAN stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel.
2 So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”

2 Samuel 24
1Again the ANGER OF THE LORD was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, number Israel and Judah.”
2 So the king said to Joab, the commander of the army,a who was with him, “Go through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and number the people, that I may know the number of the people.”
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by advocatejare(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2022
Broveens42:

You would do better by answering that question;
Who gave the law about women not speaking in church?
And when you are shading other religions, remember this also:
I had expected you to answer the simple questions I asked before you put your mouth in the discussion :

Does your father beat your mother like Allah commanded ?

1 Chronicles 21
1Then SATAN stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel.
2 So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”

2 Samuel 24
1Again the ANGER OF THE LORD was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, number Israel and Judah.”
2 So the king said to Joab, the commander of the army,a who was with him, “Go through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and number the people, that I may know the number of the people.”

Is it possible to have a son without a consort?

Yes:
"She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."
Qur'an 19:20-21

No:
"To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things."
Quran 6:101

Does Allah speak directly with people?

No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,
Quran 42:51

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"
Quran 4:164
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Image123(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Am i surprised a male chauvinist/sexist believes it was God who commanded women to keep silent in the church because it's a shame for them to speak.

Anything in the Bible which massages your chauvinistic ego is the Word of God, right?

Feel immense pity for the women in your life especially your wife.

Comedian, list the books in the Bible that are God's Word and let's treat your sickness from there only, like Indian dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Image123:

Comedian, list the books in the Bible that are God's Word and let's treat your sickness from there only, like Indian dey talk.
Before you begin to think of trying to treat someone's else's imaginary sickness like the spiritually deficient Pharisees used to do in those days of Jesus who was able to cure them of their disease, why not first get cured by Jesus Words, so you can be able to feel spiritually well and sound enough to treat others.

Here's your medicine:

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Take the bolded five times a day until you get cured and begin to realize who is your Master really is and the list of things He instructed you to teach others to observe, that's if you're truly His disciple and not a false one.

The kinds of Christians we have these days who just follow Jesus with their lips and mouths but would not obey His own instructions, yet they'd still wonder why He would say He never knew them on judgment day.
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Broveens42(m): 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
advocatejare:

I had expected you to answer the simple questions I asked before you put your mouth in the discussion :

Does your father beat your mother like Allah commanded ?

Is it possible to have a son without a consort?

Yes:
"She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."
Qur'an 19:20-21

No:
"To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things."
Quran 6:101

Does Allah speak directly with people?

No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,
Quran 42:51

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"
Quran 4:164

grin
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Image123(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Before you begin to think of trying to treat someone's else's imaginary sickness like the spiritually deficient Pharisees used to do in those days of Jesus who was able to cure them of their disease, why not first get cured by Jesus Words, so you can be able to feel spiritually well and sound enough to treat others.

Here's your medicine:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Take the bolded five times a day until you get cured and begin to realize who is your Master really is and the list of things He instructed you to teach others to observe, that's if you're truly His disciple and not a false one.

The kinds of Christians we have these days who just follow Jesus with their lips and mouths but would not obey His own instructions, yet they'd still wonder why He would say He never knew them on judgment day.

Don't be shy Comedian, list the books in the Bible that are God's Word and let's treat your sickness from there only.

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Broveens42(m): 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
Please, who is a Buddhist here?
We need to learn new things
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
Image123:

Don't be shy Comedian, list the books in the Bible that are God's Word and let's treat your sickness from there only.
What did Jesus say, or are you confirming your flagrant disregard for His Word (medicine) that could cure your spiritual deficiency?
Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Image123(m): 2:28am On Mar 22, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
What did Jesus say, or are you confirming your flagrant disregard for His Word (medicine) that could cure your spiritual deficiency?

Jesus said many things from Genesis to Revelation. So shy Comedian, list the books in the Bible that are God's Word and let's treat your sickness from there only.

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
Image123:

Jesus said many things from Genesis to Revelation. So shy Comedian, list the books in the Bible that are God's Word and let's treat your sickness from there only.
Okay, it was Jesus who commanded women to keep silent in the church in the Bible abi, that's what Jesus commanded His disciples to teach men to observe right? I can see that you didn't take your drugs as advised, so you're still not cured from your spiritual deficiency syndrome, so here we go again:
jesusjnr2020:
Here's your medicine:

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by Image123(m): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Okay, it was Jesus who commanded women to keep silent in the church in the Bible abi, that's what Jesus commanded His disciples to teach men to observe right? I can see that you didn't take your drugs as advised, so you're still not cured from your spiritual deficiency syndrome, so here we go again:

Shameless comedian that you are. Keep deceiving yourself, he can't answer simple questions because it opens his hypocrisy clearly for others to see. Continue digging, sebi na small small you start wey we give you friendly warning that year. Now you doubt God's Word. You go still doubt God, no be curse, na clear pattern.

1 Like

Re: Is It Christlike To Tell Women Not To Speak In The Church? by haekymbahd(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan 2022 Moon Sighting LIVE: Nigeria / Prophecy On 2023 Election / Why Did The God Rest On The Seventh Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.