Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Jesus Is Coming. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Coming. (230 Views)

Video Of Father Mbaka Warning Buhari That Disaster Is Coming / Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Warning: The Mark Of Antichrist '666' Is Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is Coming. by AbundantLife05: 6:12am On Jan 02, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
JESUS IS COMING. ACTS 1:10-11
As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them.“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!” NLT.

Good morning friends and I wish you a happy new year. This year according to the Lord is a year of wonder (marvel) for this vision and everyone who follows it in Jesus name. The first teaching we will have this year is; “Jesus is coming”. Friends, Jesus is coming again, it does not matter whether he has gone for a long time or you believe it or not, he is coming. Why am I sure that he is coming back? He is sure and reliable. John 14:2-3; “There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.” NLT.

Jesus is God himself as he explained in verse 10 of John 14. Because of this, the bible says God has exalted his word above his name. Ps 138:2. This means that God cannot back down on what He has said, what he says he will do, he will surely fulfil it.
In addition, God has set a standard for us which is the standard of two or three witnesses. 2Cor 13:1; “This is the third time I am coming to visit you (and as the Scriptures say, “The facts of every case must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses”)” NLT. The second coming of Jesus was confirmed to the disciples after his ascension by angels of Lord. However, for us right now, we have confirmation about the second coming of Jesus in the epistles, 1Thess 5, 2Pet 3 and the book of Revelation talks about his coming. Also, we are blessed with the Spirit of the Lord who witness this into our spirit. John 16:8; “And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.” NLT.

If you are in doubt that the Lord will not come, there you have it, he is coming back. He is only delaying his coming because he does not want us to perish. 2Pet 3:9. Therefore, I want you to discard every thought that says Jesus is not coming or that he is not interested in our affairs anymore. The word of the Lord can be relied on to be true one hundred percent
If this is the case, these are the things we are expected to do as we wait for him;

1. Wait in confident hope: 1Pet 1:3-4
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. NLT.

Scattered in the new testament are writings about the confident hope we have about resurrection and reigning with God in eternity. Col 1:27; “God decided to let his people know just how rich and glorious that truth is. That secret truth, which is for all people, is that Christ lives in you, his people. He is our hope for glory.” ERV. We get eternal life through one person which is Jesus.

2. Live sober life and stay awake. 1Pet 5:8
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. NLT.

We are not to lose guard at any point in our Christian life. This is because the devil and its agents are always on the look out to consume us. The devil and sin do not go on vacation. We need to live for God at all times with the mind-set that Jesus can come at any time.

3. We live in love. 2Pet 1:7
...and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. NLT.

A key characteristics of Christians is love. Our God is a God of love. He saved us from sin because of his love for us. John 3:16; “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” NLT. We are to show love to everyone as we wait for the return of the king. 1Thess 4:9; “But we don’t need to write to you about the importance of loving each other, for God himself has taught you to love one another. NLT. God taught the church in Thessalonica how to love, we should also look up to God and be taught how to love.

4. Bring people into his Kingdom.
One of the reasons Jesus has not returned is because He is giving people the chance to come into his Kingdom. 2Pet 3:9; “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.” NLT.

In the light of this understanding, Christians should not be jobless, jobless in the sense that they do not work for God by bringing people into his Kingdom. It does not matter whether you are into his ministry or not, you cannot belong to the Kingdom of God and see people in the other side and not care about them.

Therefore, if you are not a member of God’s family, I want you to talk to God and ask him to bring you in by saying this prayer; Lord Jesus, I accept you as the son of God who died for my sins, please save my soul and write my name in the book of life and let me serve you forever. Amen. If you have made that prayer, I congratulate you and welcome you to the family of God. Please join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ. God bless you. If you have questions and comments, contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms.
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

Re: Jesus Is Coming. by AntiChristian: 6:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Yeah he's coming to break the cross, kill the pigs,....
Re: Jesus Is Coming. by DarkJeddi(m): 6:53am On Jan 02, 2022
Jesus has been coming for the past 2000 years..

In the next 10000 years..

He will still be coming..

And you lot would justify it..

By claiming that..

Man's time and God's time are not the same..

Bunch of Clowns.. angry

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Coming. by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Jan 02, 2022
I wonder if Jesus is travelling at snail pace or his horse keeps needing to rest on his journey. LMFAO!
Re: Jesus Is Coming. by helinues: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2022
Coming to do what exactly?

(1) (Reply)

Reflection 1: “the” Divine Mercy / May His Good Desires Be Granted-twitter user / The Battle You Can Never Win No Matter Who Is Backing You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.