Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 (42282 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan / Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by MT: 10:33am On Jan 02, 2022
It's about to get interesting in Ibadan. Who will be the next king - Ladoja or Lekan Balogun, who has been mischievously crowned by Ajimobi before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Imagynation: 10:34am On Jan 02, 2022
JohnSin97:
Rest in peace my king.

We ibadan people aren't complaining....see your young Kings like Ooni and oluwo of Iwo see how they are disgracing their thrones......we ibadan people like our system the way it is.

Those ones are political kings.The young ones can still be king if the elders do it the right way.At least I mentioned Awujale of ijebu who became a king at a very young age and never desecrated the stool.That is because he was chosen rightly ire o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Successmind(m): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2022
Rip
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by TeeKings: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2022
RIP to the dead

If you want to start affiliate marketing this year check my siggy
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by askakim(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Baba no die now, he only went to join his Ancestors. Death is inevitable

1 Like

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by OlujobaSamuel: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2022
Imagynation:
RIP kabiyesi.Ibadan style of appointing king is just killing these old men.They have a system that make who is going to be their king to have been heading hamlets,family etc. So they would have become tired before they ascend the throne.That is why their kings are always very old while coming to the throne.Well I respect their decision but would love that kind of system that put Awuujale of ijebu there at the age of twenty something sha.
I love the ibadan system more than any other.
It makes every bonafide son of ibadan to be eligible, also it builds sense of responsibility.
You have to be responsible enough in your home to become the head and move to the head of family, compound, village, etc before you get to the office of olubadan. Though, one of the major demerit is the old age that you mentioned but everyone can get to the seat, no single family is entitled

8 Likes

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by ejimatic: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2022
Worldtopnewsng2:
Olubadan Of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji Joins His Ancestors At 93

Oba Adetunji was a successful businessman and Ibadan was peaceful during his reign.

https://www.insideoyo.com/just-in-olubadan-of-ibadan-oba-saliu-adetunji-joins-his-ancestors/
. Expectedly. Ibadan kings may not spend up to 20 years om the throne because the selection is rotaional from Mogaji to Oluban. Thus an older person becomes Olubadan of Ibadan. The next person is Ekeji Olubadan Lekan Balogun if I am not mistaken iof the name. Kabiyesi Adetunji at a function recently in public prayed for Adewolu Ladoja. Eketa Olubadan that he would also become Olubadan like him . How many kings can say so and pray in that way? Kabiyesi Adetunji distinguished himself as Olubadan and the Almighty God will be with his family and all he leaves behind. Eyin Kabiyesi a Dara ooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2022
No Man of God saw this coming,hmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by MT: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2022
sheylarhh:
Not yet the turn of Senator Ladoja. He still get 2 people above him. I think Lekan Balogun should be the next Olubadan

Lekan Balogun is the next but there might likely be a serious rift. Lekan balogun accepted to be crowned by Ajimobi. The just deceased king had prayed for Ladoja openly that he would be the neck king since Lekan had accepted to be crowned by Ajimobi.

Lekan is learned and if the traditional council toes this line, he will head to court. This will be the first serious challenge that Olubadan stool will face since its inception if Ladoja is suggested to be coronated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Krismas(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2022
sharpwriter:

That's not the issue and it wasn't a prediction. It was specific and he named them and the tone and manner was in the affirmative.

60,70, 80 years old people die. Not news. He didn't say same last year despite knowing these people were already old. And as old as they are, there's nothing bad if they live 3 or 5 more years. But the affirmation is that they are going this year.

He said something terrible concerning Ekiti state governor which is making me wonder in laughable smiles.

For your information, I hate all these new year predictions, and I'm not a fan. But the fact that we ain't fans shouldn't mean we should throw away our observations and consciousness.
cool I believe u. Never mind dat naysayer. Pls share d prophecy with me. I want to study it. Tanks
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by MT: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

I love the ibadan system more than any other.
It makes every bonafide son of ibadan to be eligible, also it builds sense of responsibility.
You have to be responsible enough in your home to become the head and move to the head of family, compound, village, etc before you get to the office of olubadan. Though, one of the major demerit is the old age that you mentioned but everyone can get to the seat, no single family is entitled

Ibadan system is unique and different in the whole of Africa. All their sons and daughters are born Princes and Princesses. There is no royal family in Ibadan, as obtained in other states. Once your parents are from Ibadan, you are entitled to the throne of Olubadan if you can follow the succession line.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by juman(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2022
Saliu Adetunji Is Dead!
Baba is dead.
A music icon is dead.
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Krismas(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2022
MT:

Lekan Balogun is the next but there might likely be a serious rift. Lekan balogun accepted to be crowned by Ajimobi. The just deceased king had prayed for Ladoja openly that he would be the neck king since Lekan had accepted to be crowned by Ajimobi.

Lekan is learned and if the traditional council toes this line, he will head to court. This will be the first serious challenge that Olubadan stool will face since its inception if Ladoja is suggested to be coronated.
grin Olubadan did not endorse Ladoja wit d prayer. It takes more dan prayer to select an Olubadan. The prayer was for long life, so he too cud be an Olubadan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Lexusgs430: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2022
Mayng01:
Damn! He ruled for a very short time. Rip to the monarch

When the previous oba, no gree die on time nko ....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by juman(m): 10:51am On Jan 02, 2022
Oba waja.
A sad day.
I wish he could live another ten years.
Condolence to ibadan people and all yorubas.
Orun rere baba.

All soul shall taste death.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by MT: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2022
Krismas:
grin Olubadan did not endorse Ladoja wit d prayer. It takes more dan prayer to select an Olubadan. The prayer was for long life, so he too cud be an Olubadan.

I want to believe so too. Lekan Balogun will be the next Olubadan bar any challenge.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by usmanbaba(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
sharpwriter:

That's not the issue and it wasn't a prediction. It was specific and he named them and the tone and manner was in the affirmative.

60,70, 80 years old people die. Not news. He didn't say same last year despite knowing these people were already old. And as old as they are, there's nothing bad if they live 3 or 5 more years. But the affirmation is that they are going this year.

He said something terrible concerning Ekiti state governor which is making me wonder in laughable smiles.

For your information, I hate all these new year predictions, and I'm not a fan. But the fact that we ain't fans shouldn't mean we should throw away our observations and consciousness.
Just imagined, you have been brainwashed. You no come get sense again kpatakpata

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by ThatFairGuy1: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2022
May his shortcomings be forgiven.
Olubadan doesn't last on throne.

Besides, Ladoja is closed to the throne. That's if he's not even Otun Olubadan who'll assume Olubadan throne as the next king.

1 Like

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by vibratingpenis: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2022
Please somebody should clearify the differences between these monarchs; the ile ife guy, oba of oyo that one that marries woman every second and this one now. Which one is greater and the over all.
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by graceapadija: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Eeya, one soul without Christ is gone. Too bad
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by ThatFairGuy1: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Wow. Just hearing this
MT:

1 Like

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by muheeb01(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Erinwo,ajanku subu konle dide.....oba ti wo aja,olubadan sun re ooo

1 Like

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by ThatFairGuy1: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2022
Nothing like ile Ife GUY, have some respect for our king undecided

To your question, it's in this order.

1. Ooni of Ife.
2. Alaafin of Your.

Olubadan comes but not even third, fourth or fifth Among Oba's ranking in Yoruba land
vibratingpenis:
Please somebody should clearify the differences between these monarchs; the ile ife guy, oba of oyo that one that marries woman every second and this one now. Which one is greater and the over all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Nairanation2: 11:03am On Jan 02, 2022
For those of us who play games:
Chel VS Liverpool: 12& over 1.5
Leeds Utd VS Burnley: 1x& over 1.5
Kerala Blasters VS Goa(India) : or over 2.5
Blackburn Rovers VS Huddersfield:1x
Thank me later. Kindly follow my thread to be getting regular games. Thank u.
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by seunmsg(m): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2022
MT:

In the overall interest of peace and Ibadan progress, i think Senator Ladoja should resist the temptation to usurp the throne. He supported Oba Saliu Adetunji back then to oppose the decision of Ajimobi to crown Lekan Balogun, he should not now be seen as opposing tradition and what he once fought against.

If it is the wish of God that Ladoja will also become an Olubadan, his time will come after Lekan Balogun. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by JohnSin97: 11:03am On Jan 02, 2022
MT:

Is ladoja from the balogun line?
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Karemarealty288(m): 11:04am On Jan 02, 2022
People should as a matter of urgency buy Head Protector........if you know you know....RIP Kabiyesi
Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by denjjy(m): 11:04am On Jan 02, 2022
Don't be surprised to see an incapacitated old man ascending the throne. That is part of the ibadan culture

1 Like

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Mouhstorph5(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2022
MT:
It's about to get interesting in Ibadan. Who will be the next king - Ladoja or Lekan Balogun, who has been mischievously crowned by Ajimobi before.

Seriously. Intriguing days ahead in Ibadan.

But then, I think he had relinquished his position as king when the Governor mediated some months back.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 by Mouhstorph5(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
seunmsg:

In the overall interest of peace and Ibadan progress, i think Senator Ladoja should resist the temptation to usurp the throne. He supported Oba Saliu Adetunji back then to oppose the decision of Ajimobi to crown Lekan Balogun, he should not now be seen as opposing tradition and what he once fought against.

If it is the wish of God that Ladoja will also become an Olubadan, his time will come after Lekan Balogun. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Well, let's see what unfurl in Ibadan in the coming days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Stunning Royal Palaces In Nigeria (pics) / The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire / Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.