Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game (18252 Views)

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa Carabao Cup Team News Starting Xi Lukaku Werner / What Thomas Tuchel And Jürgen Klopp Have In Common As Germans / Thomas Tuchel Blocked Callum Hudson Odoi's "Impossible" Exit From Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
Romelu Lukaku has been dropped for Chelsea's game against Liverpool, BBC Sport understands.
In an interview recorded several weeks ago but aired on Thursday, Belgium striker Lukaku said he was "not happy" with his bit-part role under Blues boss Thomas Tuchel earlier this season.
He added he would like to return to Inter Milan, who he left for Chelsea in August, in the near future.
Tuchel said the comments had brought the club "noise we don't need".
Lukaku has scored seven goals in 18 appearances since he rejoined Chelsea this summer. He has also been hampered by injury and illness and, at times, found himself left out of the starting line-up when fit.
However, he has had a recent upturn in form, scoring in his last two Premier League appearances, after discussions about his role with Tuchel.

lalasticlala mynd44 seun mukina2

4 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
fergie0o1 angelfrost lamasta ray07 kyase crazygod paulolee ojeemah dfrost e.t.c
what ur take guyz?

The Blues striker will sit out the clash at home to Jurgen Klopp's side after his controversial interview
Article continues below
GOAL has learned Thomas Tuchel has dropped Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea's squad against Liverpool after the striker conducted a controversial interview behind the club's back that was published this week.
Tuchel will reveal his squad to the team before the game on Sunday and the Belgian will not even be on the bench even after he was judged to be criticising his manager's tactics.
It has since emerged that neither the club nor the player's representatives knew of the interview beforehand. It appears to have arranged directly with the Sky Sport journalist in London.
Why does Lukaku face discipline?
The 28-year-old has been disciplined despite the magnitude of Chelsea's clash with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Sunday evening.
His comments became football's biggest talking point on Thursday, outraging the west London club's fan base.
"I’m not happy with the situation and that’s only natural," Lukaku told Sky Sport Italia . "The head coach has decided to play a different system and I mustn’t let up, I need to keep working hard and be professional.
"I’m not happy with the situation but I’m a grafter and I mustn’t let up."
The timing of the story was unfortunate as it was published three weeks after it was filmed, with it released amid a drastic downturn in form for the Blues.
Although the context may have changed, the content of the quotes have frustrated many people around Lukaku.
Tuchel's was relaxed with the media's persistent questioning on Friday morning, however behind closed doors, several sources have said that the manager is angrier than it looked with his £97.5 million ($136m) striker from Inter.
Who could play instead?
Kai Havertz is well-placed to replace Lukaku despite a prolonged spell on the sidelines with Covid.
The Blues have also welcomed back Timo Werner, but he is still thought to be struggling to overcome his own bout with the virus.
Article continues below
There's also an option to play Christian Pulisic through the middle, but he has struggled to perform in a central role in recent weeks.
It's unfortunate timing for the Blues as Lukaku had been in good form, scoring two goals in two games after returning from Covid.

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
hmmm does this spark a sign of lukaku's departure?
Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Angelfrost(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Enoch3721:
what ur take guyz?

Lukaku spoke the truth and the minds of most football fans (both Chelsea fans and non-fans)!

However, he messed up by doing that interview without first discussing with his coach and team mates. He literally stabbed the back of the entire squad, hitting them while they are down!!!

So, Tuchel and the club are right on this one... Make he chop bench small to set his head straight! Let him learn his place!!!

Ronaldo never granted such silly interview at the height of Ole's tomfoolery. Somethings are best kept within the club!

Funny part, the unfit looking Belgian is a huge part of the problem! Same nonsense that made his stay short at Old Trafford.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by paulolee(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
Enoch3721:
what ur take guyz?

The Blues striker will sit out the clash at home to Jurgen Klopp's side after his controversial interview
Article continues below
GOAL has learned Thomas Tuchel has dropped Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea's squad against Liverpool after the striker conducted a controversial interview behind the club's back that was published this week.
Tuchel will reveal his squad to the team before the game on Sunday and the Belgian will not even be on the bench even after he was judged to be criticising his manager's tactics.
It has since emerged that neither the club nor the player's representatives knew of the interview beforehand. It appears to have arranged directly with the Sky Sport journalist in London.
Why does Lukaku face discipline?
The 28-year-old has been disciplined despite the magnitude of Chelsea's clash with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Sunday evening.
His comments became football's biggest talking point on Thursday, outraging the west London club's fan base.
"I’m not happy with the situation and that’s only natural," Lukaku told Sky Sport Italia . "The head coach has decided to play a different system and I mustn’t let up, I need to keep working hard and be professional.
"I’m not happy with the situation but I’m a grafter and I mustn’t let up."
The timing of the story was unfortunate as it was published three weeks after it was filmed, with it released amid a drastic downturn in form for the Blues.
Although the context may have changed, the content of the quotes have frustrated many people around Lukaku.
Tuchel's was relaxed with the media's persistent questioning on Friday morning, however behind closed doors, several sources have said that the manager is angrier than it looked with his £97.5 million ($136m) striker from Inter.
Who could play instead?
Kai Havertz is well-placed to replace Lukaku despite a prolonged spell on the sidelines with Covid.
The Blues have also welcomed back Timo Werner, but he is still thought to be struggling to overcome his own bout with the virus.
Article continues below
There's also an option to play Christian Pulisic through the middle, but he has struggled to perform in a central role in recent weeks.
It's unfortunate timing for the Blues as Lukaku had been in good form, scoring two goals in two games after returning from Covid.
lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by paulolee(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
lukaku did d right tin in the wrong way...he would be angry if tuchel blast him publicly in an interview.
they is something called respect, he is a professional n knows better than that.
he deserves wat ever he is getting n even the inter may not sign him back bcoz dey av a better dzeko for free n he is scoring wit a lower wage, I dnt see inter selling dzeko fof lukaku bt time would tell..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

Lukaku spoke the truth and the minds of most football fans (both Chelsea fans and non-fans)!

However, he messed up by doing that interview without first discussing with his coach and team mates. He literally stabbed the back of the entire squad, hitting them while they are down!!!

So, Tuchel and the club are right on this one... Make he chop bench small to set his head straight! Let him learn his place!!!

Ronaldo never granted such silly interview at the height of Ole's tomfoolery. Somethings are best kept within the club!

Funny part, the unfit looking Belgian is a huge part of the problem! Same nonsense that made his stay short at Old Trafford.
for me it was d worst tin to do considering d situation at d club dose kain interview na scam and since it was Sky Italia dat did it I think DAT was what they wanted him to say,,,,,, anyways he yesterday matches na when e b say home teams play very well and give the away teams a very intriguing performance but las las na away team day win

especially palace game na clinicality west ham use win dem upon say d gave a 7/10 performance

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
paulolee:

lolz
I choke u abi but that his what tuchel was supposed to do to at least get some senses into his head

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by dfrost: 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
Enoch3721:
what ur take guyz?
Article continues below
Article continues below

That was totally uncalled for from the Lukuka. I always say that the undoing of the round leather game will be the money spent on these players. Everyone now has a voice to be granting interviews up and down.

Let him stay on the bench for a while. cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Dukeolumidemans(m): 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
This is the beginning of the end for Lukaku in Chelsea. I don't blaime him because I equally faulted the coach's selection and style of play.

How can u continue playing Pulisic or Werner as a center striker when these two are clearly misfits at that position when Lukaku is clearly available on the bench.

Also that stuuupid Mendy will continue passing the ball at the back and almost causing an own goal irrespective of who is winning and time remaining. No one is saying anything about that. He should also improve that criminal's contract (Rudiger) and give our captain (Azpilicueta) a new 2 years contract extension. They both play with heir heart for us.
Hakim, Ross Barkley, Saul, Werner and Pulisic has no business in that team because they kill Chelsea's game always. They should be replaced with Isco, Asensio, Renato Sanchez, Divan Zapata and our own Conor Gallagher.

They should bleeping start shooting from all angels and limit their passing around. Football is about entertainment and scoring, not the other way around.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by GENES11S: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
This guy wan cut people ticket before game even start!

9 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by dhiqson(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
I just need a draw, so as to favor my darling arsenal! cry

And draw it was!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Ayo001: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
cool

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by dfrost: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Good for him. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by dicksonadams(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lukaku na come and go

2 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lukaku lacks discipline. Tuchel did well

3 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by skywalker240(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
T
Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by frankmoney(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lol.. Chai I remember how Chelsea fans were so happy to sign Lukaku , we warn them but them no hear

6 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Onyenna(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
Okay
Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Godada(m): 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by OscarJaden(m): 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
With or without lukaku the party will still hold,such a disrespectful statement...Chelsea is bigger than any player in the entire universe

C'mon boys let do it against liverpool

Correct score
Chel 3 liverpool 1

17 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Amspecial: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
cool
Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Dreambeat: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lukaku should be on the bench, I never wanted him in Chelsea in the first place. I blame Timo Werner for all this, if he wasn't misfiring, who would have thought of bringing a player like Lukaku to the club. Someone that can't even trap ball. Horrible first touch and he is now claiming superstar

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by Agricmoney(m): 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
ok o and they wan play against Liverpool

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by jeff1993: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Likaku don buy Market .... Him get luck say him no dey under Arteta, if not na withTeam D players him go follow dey train

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lukaku the snitch. Good for him. He's a disloyal asshole. He should be kicked out of the team completely.

5 Likes

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by VOsimhen144(m): 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
it's a pity Lukaku is having a bad season at Chelsea undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuchel Drops Lukaku For Liverpool Game by TriCee: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ok, maybe he should kuku stop granting interviews for now. To avoid misyarn

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Napoli: UCL (1 - 1) On 27th November 2019 / Arsenal Vs Southampton (2 - 1) On 10th September 2016 / Manchester United Vs West Ham United : EFL Cup (4 - 1) On 30th November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.