Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

What Made You Believe That God Exist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Believe That God Exist (760 Views)

Does God Exist? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You Believe That God Exist by abiolamitodun(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
To me as a Christian...I'll say conscience... you'd ask why i said so...because to me conscience made you know what's good from bad and once u know what sin is u automatically know what law means and every law Is driven by religion and there's no religion that doesn't have a supreme being....and that is God
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adeoyekay(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
abiolamitodun:
To me as a Christian...I'll say conscience... you'd ask why i said so...because to me conscience made you know what's good from bad and once u know what sin is u automatically know what law means and every law Is driven by religion and there's no religion that doesn't have a supreme being....and that is God
As I am unable to trace on how I was formed, created make me believe
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
abiolamitodun:
Your conscience is a moral compass of sorts but what it does not do is teach you what sin is. Many of the things you believe your conscience has marked as good are in fact Sins against God. So it is never a good idea to follow your conscience where God is concerned. undecided

. Your conscience may convince you that it is when you fornicate that you sin against God, but that isn't true at all. According to God's Law, if you lust in your heart after a woman, you commit sin against God. So never rely on your conscience. Consult God's Word, Jesus Christ instead. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Bluezy13(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
I think you should first of all define the key in the context before throwing the question for understanding purpose.

Define who/what God is...
Then your question about what makes us think that God exist will suffice.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by HeeBraHim2(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
God has done a lot for me that prove his existence.

Only people with inability to think deep believe that God doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Depressed101: 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
abiolamitodun:
i told him to prove himself many times. Years ago when I was small and my family was experiencing alot of problem that affected me badly as a child, I will go to a corner and start crying asking God why he doesn't answer my mother's prayers, then ask him to make me forget my name if he is truly God, I will then concentrate on my name, but surprisingly I will forget my name, before remembering in the next seconds

I always do this all the time, then one day when I did this, I totally forgot my name, for 5mins I was trying to remember my name, crying tears before I asked God to restore my memory, instantly I remembered my name.

Since then I have been on and off with him until July last year when I fully gave my life to him. He has always been there for me
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adoyi8: 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
adeoyekay:
As I am unable to trace on how I was formed, created make me believe
Lol. you don't know how you were created? How old are you?
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adeoyekay(m): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
adoyi8:

Lol. you don't know how you were created? How old are you?
Do you know how you was created?
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adoyi8: 10:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
adeoyekay:
Do you know how you was created?
Why wouldn't I know how I was created? Even people that didnt study biology know how they were created.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adeoyekay(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
adoyi8:

Why wouldn't I know how I was created? Even people that didnt study biology know how they were created.
Try to get me right what am trying to figure out is that we read about it but do you witnessed it when the CREATOR formed you.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adoyi8: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
adeoyekay:
Try to get me right what am trying to figure out is that we read about it but do you witnessed it when the CREATOR formed you.
I was not created by one person so I dont understand what you mean by creator.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adeoyekay(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
adoyi8:

I was not created by one person so I dont understand what you mean by creator.
I mean God
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by adoyi8: 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
adeoyekay:
I mean God
well God didn't create me.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by IclintonN: 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
I got struck by lightning TWICE And am still alive that is GOD FOR ME
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
abiolamitodun:
Your conscience is actually indoctrinated into you. If I raise a baby without any morals,if the child kills a person or commits 'sin' the child will not feel anything.
Depressed101:
i told him to prove himself many times. Years ago when I was small and my family was experiencing alot of problem that affected me badly as a child, I will go to a corner and start crying asking God why he doesn't answer my mother's prayers, then ask him to make me forget my name if he is truly God, I will then concentrate on my name, but surprisingly I will forget my name, before remembering in the next seconds

I always do this all the time, then one day when I did this, I totally forgot my name, for 5mins I was trying to remember my name, crying tears before I asked God to restore my memory, instantly I remembered my name.

Since then I have been on and off with him until July last year when I fully gave my life to him. He has always been there for me
There are actually other logical reasons for that which can indicate some type of mental issues. You getting your memory back(if this tale isn't false) is purely a coincidence
IclintonN:
I got struck by lightning TWICE And am still alive that is GOD FOR ME
If your tale is true because it is actually very hard to get struck by lightning in Nigeria,did you or did you not go to hospital?. Just know that if prayers worked, ambulance will take people to churches
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by IclintonN: 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
ifyken:

Your conscience is actually indoctrinated into you. If I raise a baby without any morals,if the child kills a person or commits 'sin' the child will not feel anything.

There are actually other logical reasons for that which can indicate some type of mental issues. You getting your memory back(if this tale isn't false) is purely a coincidence

If your tale is true because it is actually very hard to get struck by lightning in Nigeria,did you or did you not go to hospital?. Just know that if prayers worked, ambulance will take people to churches
You no go understand . Thanks i tell tales.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Depressed101: 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
ifyken:

mumu don't try to have an answer for what happened to me more than 10times, you sound very dumb doing that, I don't have problems if you don't think God exists, I also don't want to convince you that God exists because he does, so please don't try to preach God's in existence to me just as I won't try to preach God's existence to you... Respect your self
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by sow4me(m): 1:56am On Jan 03, 2022
Had a personal encounter with God Almighty 3 times, so i strongly beleive he exists.

Tho a sinner but am scared of him at all times and grateful he's my God.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 7:51am On Jan 03, 2022
Bluezy13:
I think you should first of all define the key in the context before throwing the question for understanding purpose.

Define who/what God is...
Then your question about what makes us think that God exist will suffice.

The understanding has been clear since our beginning, so it requires no definition.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 7:54am On Jan 03, 2022
IclintonN:
You no go understand . Thanks i tell tales.

He is evilite, so he is not here to speak Truths but to make punctures.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2022
Like every other Truth when we First heard it, the second I heard that "you know God does not like this or that... It felt True.

And that Truth has never changed now that I am old.

This question should not even be raised for the only people who challenge God's existence ARE THOSE ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN REJECTED BY HIM.

AND IT IS BECAUSE OF THE PAIN AND LOSS OF HIS REJECTION AND THE JELOUSY THAT WE HAVE HIS ATTENTION WHILST GOD HAS PUT THEM FAR FROM REMEMBRANCE, WHICH IS WHY WE HAVE THIS NONE-SENSE CHALLENGE!
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Bluezy13(m): 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The understanding has been clear since our beginning, so it requires no definition.

That is an erroneous thought.
Meanwhile, I will leave you be
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
Bluezy13:

That is an erroneous thought.
Meanwhile, I will leave you be

You mean to state that since you were born you did not know what nothing and nothingness means?

Please do not submit yourself to ridicule. There are many things same people can not say and this is one of them.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Bluezy13(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You mean to state that since you were born you did not know what nothing and nothingness means?

Please do not submit yourself to ridicule. There are many things same people can not say and this is one of them.

I offered a harmless advice, you rather chose to be unreasonable in response.
I chose to leave you be but instead you have deliberately chosen to be a dolt by further displaying your ineptness which is absolutely uncalled for.
It would suffice you to respectfully pretend we never initiated this conversation and quietly pocket your horrendous and autistic IQ for the moment.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2022
Bluezy13:

I offered a harmless advice, you rather chose to be unreasonable in response.
I chose to leave you be but instead you have deliberately chosen to be a dolt by further displaying your ineptness which is absolutely uncalled for.
It would suffice you to respectfully pretend we never initiated this conversation and quietly pocket your horrendous and autistic IQ for the moment.

A blind man will never thank you for giving him a mirror nor a thirsty man, a chair.

Ab initio, it is immediately seen that you had nothing good to present most especially as in your mind you thought a simple thing as "nothingness" required defining. Smh.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Bluezy13(m): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

A blind man will never thank you for giving him a mirror nor a thirsty man, a chair.

Ab initio, it is immediately seen that you had nothing good to present most especially as in your mind you thought a simple thing as "nothingness" required defining. Smh.

You have comprehension problem.
Do not mention me anymore.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 9:09am On Jan 04, 2022
Bluezy13:

You have comprehension problem.
Do not mention me anymore.

It is you who intends to sell Lies and Destruction and your commodity is your own fall.

That is what God has done. Liars Never Stand!

So you either stand on Truth or be ready to be afflicted with wounds from your several falls.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Bluezy13(m): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is you who intends to sell Lies and Destruction and your commodity is your own fall.

That is what God has done. Liars Never Stand!

So you either stand on Truth or be ready to be afflicted with wounds from your several falls.

Ignored.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by LordReed(m): 9:37am On Jan 04, 2022
abiolamitodun:

LoL! You are wrong on 2 counts already. There are religions that don't have a supreme being and law is not exclusively tied to religion it is mostly tied to culture and tradition.
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by LordReed(m): 9:44am On Jan 04, 2022
Depressed101:

Interesting. So can you ask this your god to tell you my current home address?
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by BegAt40: 9:50am On Jan 04, 2022
abiolamitodun:
because I hallucinate whenever I'm about to cum. Isn't that amazing?
Re: What Made You Believe That God Exist by Depressed101: 10:30am On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

[s]Interesting. So can you ask this your god to tell you my current home address?[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

When The Husbands And Wives Decided To Swap Roles For A Week, How Did It End? / What If God Or Heaven Got Nuked / Freemasons Use LGBT To Shut Down Corporations To Crash Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.