Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? (14047 Views)

How Do I Impact Programming Knowledge Into A Child Of 5 Or Above? / Without Programming Knowledge, Learn 3D Animation / How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Altairx440: 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
Hello there,

Say for instance I decide to learn programming and coding for three months nonstop with considerable effort each day without break and i have zero prior knowledge of programming concepts, what level of knowledge would i have or what level of knowledge am i supposed to have after three months??

PS: actual programming(Concepts, Fundamentals, Languages, DSA e.t.c) not frontend development i.e HTML, CSS e.t.c

Thanks for your time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Sheriman(m): 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
Lolzzz!!! 3 months is just for introduction. After a year you still be learning bro. There are so many things to learn. The language itself, data structures and Algorithms and other programming tools. The rate at which technology is advancing and enhancing will necessitate a person to open to new things to learn everyday. Programming is a way of life itself, the field is a long life learning profession. I like it like that!!

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Lastpharoah33: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
I want to kickstart too on this programming journey, I'm willing to give it this whole year.

I will be taking crypto courses too. Hope it's worth it guys?

5 Likes

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
You won't go anywhere in 3 months even if you are spending 10 to 12 hours everyday especially for programming fundamentals except you are a one of a kind genius. Data structures and algorithms and systems design are some of the most difficult things in the world of programming.

Let's say one month to really grab a programming language. Another one month to learn the basic data structures. Another one month to practice the basic data structures which is like over 10 of them let's even say 2 questions on each across one month is just 60 questions. You haven't reached anywhere at all honestly after 3 months. Six months ehen. That's enough to get somewhat sufficient.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by SavageBoy: 7:03am On Jan 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You won't go anywhere in 3 months even if you are spending 10 to 12 hours everyday especially for programming fundamentals except you are a one of a kind genius. Data structures and algorithms and systems design are some of the most difficult things in the world of programming.

Let's say one month to really grab a programming language. Another one month to learn the basic data structures. Another one month to practice the basic data structures which is like over 10 of them let's even say 2 questions on each across one month is just 60 questions. You haven't reached anywhere at all honestly after 3 months. Six months ehen. That's enough to get somewhat sufficient.

What about UI/UX design?
That's what I'm learning at the moment.
Is 3 months enough for one to learn to a level where one can apply for jobs??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:04am On Jan 03, 2022
SavageBoy:

What about UI/UX design?
That's what I'm learning at the moment.
Is 3 months enough for one to learn to a level where one can apply for jobs??
I don't know anything about that. You have to create a thread and ask them.

1 Like

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by SavageBoy: 7:14am On Jan 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I don't know anything about that. You have to create a thread and ask them.

Okay,thanks
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Altairx440: 7:57am On Jan 03, 2022
Sheriman:
Lolzzz!!! 3 months is just for introduction. After a year you still be learning bro. There are so many things to learn. The language itself, data structures and Algorithms and other tools framework. The rate at which technology is advancing and enhancing will necessitate a person to open to new things to learn everyday. Programming is a way of life itself, the field is a long life learning profession. I like it like that!!

wow that's a shot, i'm exactly 3 months and it seems like i have made much progress, thanks.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Altairx440: 8:02am On Jan 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

lol yeah i didn't expect to become sufficient in just 3 months, I just wanted to check if i was making enough progress but wow seems I've made much progress. thanks btw.

1 Like

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by remi1444: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
You'd burn out and that's inevitable.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by efelico: 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Data structures and algorithms and systems design are some of the most difficult things in the world of programming.

Let's say one month to really grab a programming language. Another one month to learn the basic data structures. Another one month to practice the basic data structures which is like over 10 of them
. Please what are the basic data structure and algorithm you think a beginner should know
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by privaldo: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Hello are you on the slack channel? I would love to a send you a message
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
privaldo:

Hello are you on the slack channel? I would love to a send you a message

Na I am not.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by privaldo: 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na I am not.

Can I send you a mail? Or quote you on a dead thread, if the mail option isn't fine by you

1 Like

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2022
privaldo:

Can I send you a mail? Or quote you on a dead thread, if the mail option isn't fine by you
Yeah send me a PM.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by privaldo: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah send me a PM.

Can I have your email address, the email linked to this account is a temporary email
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
privaldo:

Can I have your email address, the email linked to this account is a temporary email
I don't want to paste it here. Create a new account and send me an email.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by privaldo: 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Ok, I will do that right now
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by privaldo: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I have sent you the mail
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
privaldo:

I have sent you the mail
Replied
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by privaldo: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Replied

Seen
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by airsaylongcome: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2022
@tensazangetsu20

Are you saying 3 months is not possible because this person is a complete noob? I have become very rusty in programming haven stayed away for almost 10years but I feel like I can get back to top levels if I spend 3 intense months re-learning.

I was glancing over some videos on Quicksort and Big O analysis and something inside me was waking up in a funny way. I stopped programming because for me it was very draining taking huge amounts of my time

4 Likes

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2022
airsaylongcome:
@tensazangetsu20

Are you saying 3 months is not possible because this person is a complete noob? I have become very rusty in programming haven stayed away for almost 10years but I feel like I can get back to top levels if I spend 3 intense months re-learning.

I was glancing over some videos on Quicksort and Big O analysis and something inside me was waking up in a funny way. I stopped programming because for me it was very draining taking huge amounts of my time

Understanding those videos isnt hard for someone who has programmed before but stopped but solving questions and passing them is the koko. You can watch a video on quicksort but if i bring a question to solve on it will you be able. People are able but thats after months and months of practice on leetcode and hackerrank.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by airsaylongcome: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Understanding those videos isnt hard for someone who has programmed before but stopped but solving questions and passing them is the koko. You can watch a video on quicksort but if i bring a question to solve on it will you be able. People are able but thats after months and months of practice on leetcode and hackerrank.

I think I can. I've never been on leetcode or hackerrank but I'm sure if I put in 3 months preparing for their questions I will be able to ace it. 90 days, 4-6 hours daily? I go smash am
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I think I can. I've never been on leetcode or hackerrank but I'm sure if I put in 3 months preparing for their questions I will be able to ace it. 90 days, 4-6 hours daily? I go smash am

Of course na definitely. 4 to 6 hours daily in 3 months is enough to solve like 200 questions or more sef. You will smash any interview. Facebook even copies questions there so if you cram everything you can pass their interview. Thats what I am doing now but due to work I cant do more than one a day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by DDayve: 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Of course na definitely. 4 to 6 hours daily in 3 months is enough to solve like 200 questions or more sef. You will smash any interview. Facebook even copies questions there so if you cram everything you can pass their interview. Thats what I am doing now but due to work I cant do more than one a day.

Please i want to ask a question, is it about solving those questions or its about an efficient solution. Please, i would like to know
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
DDayve:

Please i want to ask a question, is it about solving those questions or its about an efficient solution. Please, i would like to know
If it's a face to face interview. It's more about solving them and coming up with solutions even if they aren't efficient but if it's a hackerrank or codility screen then yes the solution has to be very effective.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by DDayve: 10:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Thank you boss
tensazangetsu20:

If it's a face to face interview. It's more about solving them and coming up with solutions even if they aren't efficient but if it's a hackerrank or codility screen then yes the solution has to be very effective.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by DonroxyII: 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
I want to kickstart too on this programming journey, I'm willing to give it this whole year.

I will be taking crypto courses too. Hope it's worth it guys?
Once I get My Laptop this Year before December. I have 5years plans for Data Science/Data Analysis and atleast Basic Knowledge of other languages other than Python(My Preferred Language) make I marry am with Accounting:

I don't like going to War without Appropriate Weapons: I fight to emerge a General.

9 Likes

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Lastpharoah33: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2022
DonroxyII:
Once I get My Laptop this Year before December. I have 5years plans for Data Science/Data Analysis and atleast Basic Knowledge of other languages other than Python(My Preferred Language) make I marry am with Accounting:

I don't like going to War without Appropriate Weapons: I fight to emerge a General.

5 whole years shocked?

No problemo, see you at the top.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by DonroxyII: 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

5 whole years shocked?

No problemo, see you at the top.
Amen Sir. It's just a plan bearing in mind other Endeavours.

1 Like

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Kelechi009: 2:35am On Mar 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:
@tensazangetsu20

Sorry but please if I may ask. Why did you leave programming for 10 years? That seems like a very long time.

Did you move to another career that was more lucrative? I am just curious.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / How To Make a DESKTOP Executable Software Using PHP,MYSQL,SQLITE / The 3 Types Of Developers You Will Find In Africa. Which 1 Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.