Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? (14086 Views)

How Do I Impact Programming Knowledge Into A Child Of 5 Or Above? / Without Programming Knowledge, Learn 3D Animation / How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by airsaylongcome: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2022
Kelechi009:

Sorry but please if I may ask. Why did you leave programming for 10 years? That seems like a very long time.

Did you move to another career that was more lucrative? I am just curious.

I was doing IT-related stuff in Supply Chain Management.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Kelechi009: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I was doing IT-related stuff in Supply Chain Management.

Oh okay, thanks.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Able230: 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hello,
if you just want to learn the basics of programming, then you probably won’t want to invest in an intensive coding bootcamp. You can look up books and online tutorials for that. But if you’re really determined to invest yourself and want to make a career of programming (or just want to use your new skills to improve your current job or start up a new business), then you’ll want to consider joining a good coding course or program.

There is a globatech program that you can learn and gain exposure from. For more information visit:
https:///369tPdv

1 Like

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ask olioxx, the dude is a pro grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Bapayec: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
2 months is enough if you are smart
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by webizone(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You won't go anywhere in 3 months even if you are spending 10 to 12 hours everyday especially for programming fundamentals except you are a one of a kind genius. Data structures and algorithms and systems design are some of the most difficult things in the world of programming.

Let's say one month to really grab a programming language. Another one month to learn the basic data structures. Another one month to practice the basic data structures which is like over 10 of them let's even say 2 questions on each across one month is just 60 questions. You haven't reached anywhere at all honestly after 3 months. Six months ehen. That's enough to get somewhat sufficient.
Na him loan company wan collect loan and interest after one month. No be thief be that?
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Alusiizizi(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sheriman:
Lolzzz!!! 3 months is just for introduction. After a year you still be learning bro. There are so many things to learn. The language itself, data structures and Algorithms and other programming tools. The rate at which technology is advancing and enhancing will necessitate a person to open to new things to learn everyday. Programming is a way of life itself, the field is a long life learning profession. I like it like that!!

This is not true. With no programming background whatsoever you should be pro-efficient(given enough time invested) within a month. To be market functional though will take considerably more time, and google will become your new best friend.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Olam09(m): 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Altairx440:
Hello there,

Say for instance I decide to learn programming and coding for three months nonstop with considerable effort each day without break and i have zero prior knowledge of programming concepts, what level of knowledge would i have or what level of knowledge am i supposed to have after three months??

PS: actual programming(Concepts, Fundamentals, Languages, DSA e.t.c) not frontend development i.e HTML, CSS e.t.c

Thanks for your time.

GOD when??
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by pato1(m): 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
Who can help me with the best school to learn programming... Learning all by myself online ain't helping
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by donsharwama(m): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
Someone asked a simple question and u coding expert are already feeling like one kind yeye God and trashing him like he won't be able to write a simple program if he put in much effort just like he outlined in the post.

You guys always making this coding thing sound like it's for one particular set of people(aliens)... Give him hope not trash his hope.

Nawa for una sef....

Yes we learn everyday, d I.T world is large.. things change but stop saying it like he has to, or you guys took 15yrs to become good or better in a particular field or programming language. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
Altairx440:
Hello there,

Say for instance I decide to learn programming and coding for three months nonstop with considerable effort each day without break and i have zero prior knowledge of programming concepts, what level of knowledge would i have or what level of knowledge am i supposed to have after three months??

PS: actual programming(Concepts, Fundamentals, Languages, DSA e.t.c) not frontend development i.e HTML, CSS e.t.c

Thanks for your time.
You can only learn as much as your brain can carry. But programming comes with experience and that takes time. It’s not something you would run through and expect to learn anything useful. You need to calm down and learn it. Am sure that after 3 months you will still be confused with conditional statements.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by temitayoolu(m): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
If you are really interested in learning software engineering beyond just a particular language then you can use this course it should take you around a year to be an okay software engineer with daily learning.

https://github.com/ossu/computer-science
Altairx440:
Hello there,

Thanks for your time.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Tinymayour: 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
I need a help .. I own a website and a mobile application on android and Apple store .. it’s working actively but the maintenance charges by my developer seems unbearable and I found this maintenance stuff do-able for me if I actually learn or put my mind .. not really sure if it’s achievable for me to be able to maintain my site by myself and actually ask the developer to stop and that’s gonna save me a lot of $$$

Any help or idea regarding this v
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Realtizzy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You won't go anywhere in 3 months even if you are spending 10 to 12 hours everyday especially for programming fundamentals except you are a one of a kind genius. Data structures and algorithms and systems design are some of the most difficult things in the world of programming.

Let's say one month to really grab a programming language. Another one month to learn the basic data structures. Another one month to practice the basic data structures which is like over 10 of them let's even say 2 questions on each across one month is just 60 questions. You haven't reached anywhere at all honestly after 3 months. Six months ehen. That's enough to get somewhat sufficient.
Can you please recommend for me where I can enrol and learn
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Realtizzy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
I want to kickstart too on this programming journey, I'm willing to give it this whole year.

I will be taking crypto courses too. Hope it's worth it guys?
Can you please recommend where one can learn crypto?
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Altairx440: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
Olam09:

GOD when??
what?
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Isolatesky: 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
Altairx440:
Hello there,

Thanks for your time.

Hello there,

I can see a lot of discouraging comments in the thread with alot of the commenters not actually answering your questions.

With your zeal, you can achieve 30%. Then you learn from your mistakes and pick up experience over the years.

Make sure you download or buy the development platform or IDE for your desired programming language to you enable practice. Don't read books, watch video courses and make sure you're writing the codes as you're watching the tutorials.

Buy video tutorials from Udemy that tackles real programming scenarios. After the completion of 2 or 3 different udemy programming courses, within 3 months, you're job ready. You can then pick up experience on the way.

It's not necessarily about how long but your drive and tenacity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Sharatan(m): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please how lucrative is programming? How does one get jobs after he/she must have mastered it a bit..
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Altairx440: 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
donsharwama:
Someone asked a simple question and u coding expert are already feeling like one kind yeye God and trashing him like he won't be able to write a simple program if he put in much effort just like he outlined in the post.

You guys always making this coding thing sound like it's for one particular set of people(aliens)... Give him hope not trash his hope.

Nawa for una sef....

Yes we learn everyday, d I.T world is large.. things change but stop saying it like he has to, or you guys took 15yrs to become good or better in a particular field or programming language. undecided
Bro, smiles.

I only made the post to see how much I have learned. I made the post exactly 3 months after i started learning, just wanted to know if i was progressing, it's all good, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by AnthonyAk(m): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
More then enough to get you job ready. If your determined and explicit about what you want to know
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Skillsnigeria: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Skillsnigeria: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Realtizzy:

Can you please recommend where one can learn crypto?

Visit my signature
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Altairx440: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
You can only learn as much as your brain can carry. But programming comes with experience and that takes time. It’s not something you would run through and expect to learn anything useful. You need to calm down and learn it. Am sure that after 3 months you will still be confused with conditional statements.
confused with conditional statements after 3 months?? lol.
Not to brag but in three months i learned JavaScript, Dart, Rust and Kotlin.
Not only that, Git, SQL and some general knowledge here and there.

1 Like

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Sltp: 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
The most important aspect of learning anything is learning when to take a break. I don't think it's a good idea to dedicate 8 hours each day to learning Something as complex as programming. After about 1 or two hours, you're already getting overwhelmed and the rest things will no longer be absorbed.

I'm telling you this as someone that has learned many complex skills like music, forex trading, foreign language and programming. The only thing that helped me is dedicating little hours to what I'm learning everyday, while skipping only a few days.

What I always tell people that I taught trading "it's better to learn 30 minutes to an hour everyday for 1 year than to learn 8 hours everyday for 2 months. You might think that the overall hours are similar, but the person learning 30 every day will grasp %100 better than the one learning 8 hours a day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Altairx440: 4:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
temitayoolu:
If you are really interested in learning software engineering beyond just a particular language then you can use this course it should take you around a year to be an okay software engineer with daily learning.

https://github.com/ossu/computer-science
The list is huge, i know about OSSU.
Back then I was only interested in programming, now my interest has grown to include DSA, and some CS topics, however I'm not in for a full blown cs degree, thanks.
Re: How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? by Libron: 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
I would like to be a programer and really despirate to learn, but i don't know how lucrasive it is. Pls any idea?. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make a DESKTOP Executable Software Using PHP,MYSQL,SQLITE / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / The 3 Types Of Developers You Will Find In Africa. Which 1 Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.