Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? (322 Views)

Stop worrying about job and get a skill.. Graphic design training. / My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill / Problem Associated With Learning A Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 03, 2022
i'm a farmer Presently. But farming now requires a lot of money which i don't have. i worked hard throughout last year but there is nothing to show for it, the only thing i can boast of is food which is even limited to Yam, cassava and rice. My body is also not in a good condition due to exces work[i'm experiencing severe waist Pain].

now am thinking of leaving farm work to learn a skill online, that means that i will have to sell my yam seeds to start it. My question is, will it worth the risk? If yes, what should i learn?

For me, i want to learn how to create phone apps cos i have ideas on which application that people will patronize.

Advice needed pls

2 Likes

Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Mbee247(m): 4:15am On Jan 03, 2022
udoji2021:
i'm a farmer Presently. But farming now requires a lot of money which i don't have. i worked hard throughout last year but there is nothing to show for it, the only thing i can boast of is food which is even limited to Yam, cassava and rice. My body is also not in a good condition due to exces work[i'm experiencing severe waist Pain].

now am thinking of leaving farm work to learn a skill online, that means that i will have to sell my yam seeds to start it. My question is, will it worth the risk? If yes, what should i learn?

For me, i want to learn how to create phone apps cos i have ideas on which application that people will patronize.

Advice needed pls

The best guide any guardian or mentor that could give you out there is to learn a skill.
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 03, 2022
Mbee247:

The best guide any guardian or mentor that could give you out there is to learn a skill.

thanks. I really appreciate and will work towards that direction
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Amotolongbo(f): 4:38am On Jan 03, 2022
Go and learn a skill.
If you really have the capital for intensive farming, you can go into farming.

When you learn a skill now, you can acquire the capital to add farming to your work later.
It is not always easy farming and learning a skill cos farming needs total dedication.

2 Likes

Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Stephen0mozzy: 5:57am On Jan 03, 2022
Good thing that you already have an idea of what you want - Mobile App Development (It will require some good capital tho - internet, a decent laptop, and power supply esp for the learning period - which could range from months to years depending on the work you put in) if you already have a decent savings that can cater for these factors, then go for the tech skill.

And promise yourself that you will be so Amazing at it and you'll never fear that it will be a risk, cos there's always money to be made by people who are good at what they do.

tensazangetsu20 Chief... Please chip in some advice for OP

See you at the top

1 Like

Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 03, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
Good thing that you already have an idea of what you want - Mobile App Development (It will require some good capital tho - internet, a decent laptop, and power supply esp for the learning period - which could range from months to years depending on the work you put in) if you already have a decent savings that can cater for these factors, then go for the tech skill.

And promise yourself that you will be so Amazing at it and you'll never fear that it will be a risk, cos there's always money to be made by people who are good at what they do.

tensazangetsu20 Chief... Please chip in some advice for OP

See you at the top

Thanks for this sir!

will an andriod phone be Ok to use in learning? As for my efforts am going to give my best
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 03, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Go and learn a skill.
If you really have the capital for intensive farming, you can go into farming.

When you learn a skill now, you can acquire the capital to add farming to your work later.
It is not always easy farming and learning a skill cos farming needs total dedication.

Very true.

Thanks. Farming is not worth it any longer
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:10am On Jan 03, 2022
I thought they said farming is life and with all the support from the government, closing borders, giving out loans at al that farmers are rich rich rich.
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
I thought they said farming is life and with all the support from the government, closing borders, giving out loans at al that farmers are rich rich rich.

Good morning sir. I have come to realise that Farming is for the rich. Believe me. You can't do farming and benefit from it if you are poor. Even the middlemen that use to buy from us and sell to final consumers are far better than those of us that are doing the main work.

At the topic. What can you recommend i should start learning as a foundation so that i can develop an app? I have an idea that will surely be patronize by many people if i actualize it. Thanks again sir
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2022
udoji2021:

Good morning sir. I have come to realise that Farming is for the rich. Believe me. You can't do farming and benefit from it if you are poor. Even the middlemen that use to buy from us and sell to final consumers are far better than those of us that are doing the main work.

At the topic. What can you recommend i should start learning as a foundation so that i can develop an app? I have an idea that will surely be patronize by many people if i actualize it. Thanks again sir
For app development you can learn java/kotlin. For iPhone you can pick up swift or pick up flutter/dart for hybrid development.
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by FanOfMyself: 11:21am On Jan 03, 2022
For mobile app development, learn flutter and darts. Before that, I will suggest you learn html, css, and javascript for web development. I believe that they are easier and will give you taste of what to expect when you get into flutter and darts.
For instance, dart is a programming language created by Google to replace "javascript" ... You get my point. Start with those three, in addition, there is an active community for each of them so you can't get lost.
Re: Farming Or Learning A Skill. Which Is Better? by austine4real(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
Skill oo my brother

I sell lands and houses plus POS machines

I'm planning to continue with my tailoring job I'm very sure before end of February I will be perfect.

(1) (Reply)

This Is What It Means To Start A Family / TV Console For Giveaway / Wealth That Money Cannot Buy - The Rich Also Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.