Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill (949 Views)

Nigerian Man Married His Secondary School Classmate (See Photos) / Nigerian Man Kills Wife In USA - My Advise For Women / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 12, 2022
My advice for youngsters out there is first you must understand the current situation of the country that you are in now so you must do all your best to remove some pressure from your parents, I feel they have done their best if they put you through primary and secondary school, the rest is up to you if you come from a rich family no problem but again even if you come from a rich family this advice is also for you because anything can happen tomorrow.

IMMEDIATELY you finish from secondary school go and learn something so that if you eventually get into the university or polytechnic you can make money with your handwork/skill.

I suggest you learn how to fix phones and laptops because this is what people use now

So instead of sitting idle without doing anything, you know the adage already, idle mind? Learn something because it would help you in future

I never dreamt of having a skill before but now I have one even though I live in Brazil, I still had to adapt and I am getting some little change with that skill, so help yourself and learn something now

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/02/my-advice-for-youngsters-after.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Goldbw122(m): 6:30am On Feb 12, 2022
Skill is the new babe

1 Like

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2022
Goldbw122:
Skill is the new babe

True grin
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by nabiz(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
How I wish someone gave me this advice. Education is not an end but one of the numerous means of achieving and end.
That God I was able to acquire a skill

1 Like

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
nabiz:
How I wish someone gave me this advice. Education is not an end but one of the numerous means of achieving and end.
That God I was able to acquire a skill

cheesy cheesy
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Boogyman557: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
Holly Gram cool real TALK MAN

I de COMPRISUN ur CAPRISUN

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool real TALK MAN

I de COMPRISUN ur CAPRISUN

WTF MAN!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by MufasaLion: 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Brother, you are absolutely right.

1 Like

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by nabiz(m): 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

cheesy cheesy
sorry that was a typographic error. I wanted to write thank God. I mean ENDS in economics term

1 Like

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
nabiz:
sorry that was a typographic error. I wanted to write thank God. I mean ENDS in economics term

Yea I know because I already knew what you saying grin grin
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
Why should the parents have kids that still need to hustle for themselves? Pressure off parents but no pressure when fucking undecided. Children give your parents pressure. You are their responsibility.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by oldienavie: 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Why should the parents have kids that still need to hustle for themselves? Pressure off parents but no pressure when fucking undecided. Children give your parents pressure. You are their responsibility.
When a group of people have been traumatised, the ability to reason disappears.
Why should people who are not orphans be made to hustle for food instead of paying attention in school ?
Instead of encouraging parents to take care of their children....
How can someone be able to learn in school when he is running a business center by the side.
No wonder the educational system is in a sorry state with students bribing lecturers to pass...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
oldienavie:

Why should people who are not orphans be made to hustle for food instead of paying attention in school ?
How can someone be able to learn in school when he is running a business center by the side.
No wonder the educational system is in a sorry state with students bribing lecturers to pass...
It's so terrible eh as if the children begged the parents to be born.
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 13, 2022
If you’re in secondary school reading this. Don’t wait till you’re done with school. Start thinking about what skills you can master right from JS1. The world is such an unforgiving place for people who are average. The earlier you start the more likely you will be world class at your chosen skill. Research whatever skills fit your interest and work on them with every free time you have. While formal education is valuable it’s not as important as it once was in this digital age. So the decision to remain / stay in school rests with you when you start making money from a very young age. Money is always king.
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 13, 2022
helovesnyash:
If you’re in secondary school reading this. Don’t wait till you’re done with school. Start thinking about what skills you can master right from JS1. The world is such an unforgiving place for people who are average. The earlier you start the more likely you will be world class at your chosen skill. Research whatever skills fit your interest and work on them with every free time you have. While formal education is valuable it’s not as important as it once was in this digital age. So the decision to remain / stay in school rests with you when you start making money from a very young age. Money is always king.

Perfect cheesy
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by oldienavie: 1:08am On Feb 13, 2022
helovesnyash:
Terrible advise, and this is why Africa is the way it is, a complete shithole.

Money is not king, knowldege is
The fool with money will end up a slave to the one with knowledge, that is the perfect example of Africa, Africa is richer than any other continent with lots of natural resources, but becasue we lack knowledge, Africa is a slave to the world.
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 13, 2022
oldienavie:

Terrible advise, and this is why Africa is the way it is, a complete shithole.

Money is not king, knowldege is
The fool with money will end up a slave to the one with knowledge, that is the perfect example of Africa, Africa is richer than any other continent with lots of natural resources, but because we lack knowledge, Africa is a slave to the world.
You're welcome to disagree about knowledge being more important than money/wealth. They are both important but knowledge has a much lower ceiling if their's no wealth/resource base to maximize it.

And this thing about Africa being blessed with natural resources is a myth. If anything Africa has more disadvantages geographically (situated within the tropic zone, too many landlocked countries, intractable diseases such as malaria, sleeping sickness etc). These are first order causes that lead to where we are (anemic GDP growth, low agricultural yields, lack of navigable waterways to do trade and on and on). Again I'm no economist and these theories have been debated for decades. But after moving to the west, I've come to lean toward that view that we've had more bad luck in terms of the natural resource lottery. There are challenges everywhere but if you tore down all the man made structures of every continent , I'd still prefer to be in a temperate zone than the harsh tropical one. And there's a reason almost every temperate zone country is doing better than the tropical zone ones (with maybe a few exceptions)

So no, Africa is not blessed with natural resources. Your geography determines your economic destiny and Africa has been cursed with the worst possible kind.
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by oldienavie: 2:07am On Feb 13, 2022
helovesnyash:

You're welcome to disagree about knowledge being more important than money/wealth. They are both important but knowledge has a much lower ceiling if their's no wealth/resource base to maximize it.

And this thing about Africa being blessed with natural resources is a myth. If anything Africa has more disadvantages geographically (situated within the tropic zone, too many landlocked countries, intractable diseases such as malaria, sleeping sickness etc). These are first order causes that lead to where we are (anemic GDP growth, low agricultural yields, lack of navigable waterways to do trade and on and on). Again I'm no economist and these theories have been debated for decades. But after moving to the west, I've come to lean toward that view that we've had more bad luck in terms of the natural resource lottery. There are challenges everywhere but if you tore down all the man made structures of every continent , I'd still prefer to be in a temperate zone than the harsh tropical one. And there's a reason almost every temperate zone country is doing better than the tropical zone ones (with maybe a few exceptions)

So no, Africa is not blessed with natural resources. Your geography determines your economic destiny and Africa has been cursed with the worst possible kind.

How can you argue like this, I have lived in a country where 8 months of the year you are unable to farm cause it's covered in snow, you can only farm for 4 months.
And that country is richer than all African countries combined.
As a matter of fact, the West and Europe have worse natural disasters than Africa.

Singapore does not have natural resource, yet its economy is stronger than all Africa combined.

Brother, the disdain of Africans for knowledge, has made them who they are. Africa is the most blessed continent in the worldd.

How many volcanoes or typhoon have you seen in Africa ?
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Feb 13, 2022
oldienavie:

While I understand what you are driving at, and do agree that students shouldn't have to be burdened with running a side business while in college, there is no denying that students who learn a trade right during or right after high-school learn skills that are bound to come in handy, even if after college when they are truly ready to go out on their own. undecided

I happened to have attended art school after high-school myself and the skills I learned those many years ago still in handy even today. undecided
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Goldentulip2: 7:07am On Feb 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
NO you are your responsibility, but it’s their responsibility not to raise a block head child. No trade, no education. Although It’s strictly the parent’s responsibility to achieve this for the kid, tho it’s not an excuse for the kid if they didn’t do this.
Re: My Advise For Youngsters After Secondary School Go And Learn A Skill by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
While I understand what you are driving at, and do agree that students shouldn't have to be burdened with running a side business while in college, there is no denying that students who learn a trade right during or right after high-school learn skills that are bound to come in handy, even if after college when they are truly ready to go out on their own. undecided

I happened to have attended art school after high-school myself and the skills I learned those many years ago still in handy even today. undecided

Don't stress yourself bro, me I already passed my message and you are an example, you are still using your skills till today

(1) (Reply)

/ After 5years Of Emotional Abuse Should I Give A 2nd Chance / It Is Devilish And Outrightly Wicked To Request A DNA Test From Your Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.