Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back (22222 Views)

"MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by dare2think: 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2011
Jaidey-one:

so many fools on this thread. Y do u all like to criticise these pastors? If u work in a super market and after threating a customer well he decides to give me #100 will u give it to your boss? If i pastor a church and someone comes to my house after services and gives me money as a personal gift will u expect me to pay the money into the church account? These guys are pastors but they have their own private lives. They are entitled to a space on forbes list if they have the money. They are humans like us and they have their own families. Why do u morons expect them to act the same way Jesus christ did? Oyedepo is a writter. He has written many books. I'm sure he has sold over 30million copies of his books world wide. If a copy cost #1000 on the average that's 30billion. You morons should not forget he owns convenant university. It doesn't belong to the church so u can't expect him to make it a charity organisation.

What would Jesus have done with the bolded question?

If people are not to follow Christ's way, why then make money using Christ' name?

By the way, you sound like some of the derogatory remarks you attributed to others.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Jaideyone(m): 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^ it's obvious u don't know the meaning of the word personal.

If u think it's right for you to call someone a thief when you dont have any proof he's stealing then u shouldn't complain if someone else calls u a slowpoke.
Oyedepo has sold enough books and cds worldwide to own a private jet. He's eating the fruit of his labour.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by semidaraeb(m): 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2011
Why can't we just let men of God be must we attack or praise them always God knows those who are truly serving him and doing his work. If TB Joshua decides to write a rejionder concerning his wealth status all well and good if he decides not to no problem he his in charge and can make or take any decision he thinks is in his best intrest and that of the Church

Only God knows those who trully serve and worship him. We should desist from attacking Men of GOD, for all will surely be judged.!!!
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by erniewhez(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
@jaidey-one, youre the only slowpoke on this thread. Grow up pls!
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by dare2think: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2011
Jaidey-one:

^^ it's obvious u don't know the meaning of the word personal.

If u think it's right for you to call someone a thief when you dont have any proof he's stealing then u shouldn't complain if someone else calls u a not-so-smart person.
Oyedepo has sold enough books and cds worldwide to own a private jet. He's eating the fruit of his labour.

Can you give us the figures generated from the sales of his books ?

, before concluding that it's enough to buy a jet.

The "smart" one.

By the way, I did not call anyone a thief, your conscience inclined your assertion.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Lanrefemi: 1:57am On Jun 18, 2011
For a pastor to be rich or super rich is not a sin. The question should be that do they acquire their wealth legally or not i.e through giving which will depend on the financial strenght  of their members. for example, if i'm bill gate and i can afford to give my pastor one billion dollar as a gift, it's my choice, and if i'm a pauper and i give the token i have to my pastor as a gift, it's my choice as well.
The question now is what do they (pastors) do with the money/wealth? do they distribute it back to the less privilege in the society in form of charities? if they can be doing that then great!

Lastly, people always say that Jesus Christ was poor when he was alive, this is not true. If we all read our bible very well, we'll see that Jesus always travel with his disciples and  multitude from city to city, He (Jesus) was the one in charge of feeding these multitudes, and he was able to do that with donations from people in those cities. an example was when he blessed two loaves and five fishes to feed the multitude ( Matthew 14:19).
The message Jesus was passing across to us about money was that we should not make money or material things the number one thing or the focal point of our lives, He even promised us the good things of life if we only made Him (Jesus) the number one in our lives: , Seek ye the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added.

Hence pastors collecting gifts or money is not a sin in itself, but it is what they do with the money and wealth that people commit into their hands that we should be questioning.   

LASTLY, IT IS ONLY GOD THAT CAN DECIDE WHETHER SOMEONE OR A PASTOR IS RIGHT OR NOT.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by item1: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2011
, You morons should not forget he owns convenant university,

The money for building this university all came from the churches. I was a mwmber when the convenant university donation was a sunday sunday affair and I remember all the promises made.
But lo and behold its now a personal thing  well so will all the church buildings and properties become personal soon
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Enigma(m): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2011
Lanrefemi:

Lastly, people always say that Jesus Christ was poor when he was alive, this is not true. If we all read our bible very well, we'll see that Jesus always travel with his disciples and  multitude from city to city, He (Jesus) was the one in charge of feeding these multitudes, and he was able to do that with donations from people in those cities. an example was when he blessed two loaves and five fishes to feed the multitude ( Matthew 14:19).

The above is Bible twisting being fed down to people to manipulate them into believing falsehoods and preparing them for being duped and fleeced. It is being taught and passed down by the very kind of people that this thread is about --- the wolves in sheep clothing making merchandise of people.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by mrperfect(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2011
We saw it regularly.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by gold22z: 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2011
IN NIGERIA TODAY T.B JOSHUA IS THE ONLY HEAD OF A CHURCH THAT HAS MERCY ON THE POOR. HIS HELP IS ALL ROUND AND PRACTICAL.
OTHER GENERAL OVERSEERS USE THE MONEY COLLECTED FROM THE POOR TO BUY PRIVATE JETS, CONVEY OF CARS AND SUITE COSTING 500K.
I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS MANY GENERAL OVERSEERS HATE HIM. HE IS ALWAYS SIMPLY DERESSED.
HE IS THE TRUE MAN OF GOD. HE HAS MERCY ON THE POOR AND HELPS THEM.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Saipro(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
It's easy to loudmouth. Just as easy to justify one's utterances. Allegations & counter-allegations. Before we get too far carried away, won't it be nice to get the facts straight.

Our pastors are no doubt rich. But by how much - and to what extent (cash only?). What's the yardstick? Who's the richer? Who's the richest?
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by mkpologwu(m): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2011
@Egba girl, u sound far more better than the girl u claim. U shld called Egba Solomon cos u r d wisest on this post so far! Wish I could have a date and more with u. May D DVYN GOD continue to bless u with HIS wisdom. Walk and stumble not girl.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by mkpologwu(m): 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2011
@Egba girl,
U sound far more better than the girl u claim. U shld be called Egba Solomon cos u r d wisest on this post so far! Wish I could have a date and more with u. May D DVYN GOD continue to bless u with HIS wisdom. Walk and stumble not girl.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Ancecoker(m): 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
T.B Joshua is a real Man Of God. May God bless his Ministration,
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 19, 2011
well even if his life was a blessing to one person god nor go vex
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by MeandSum: 12:34am On Jun 19, 2011
While I'm agnostic, there are few pastors i respect ( not for the "miracle" they perform), but for the charity work they are involve in.
TBJ is one of them.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by satani22: 8:07am On Jun 19, 2011
Bishob Oyedepo, Ashimolowo and Oyahkilome are not giving back to the society.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by ogbori(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2011
When we do good deeds, or help the poor etc, we do them out of love. We do them as an act of worship. I don't think the apostles went about talking about the mircales they performed. They went about preaching Christ. Asking pple to repent. It is your salvation that takes u to heaven. And no, I'm not against helping people and healing the sick. We shouldn't be running to Jesus cause he can solve our problems. That's what a lot of us do today. hristianity is not for show but a lot of us hve forgotten our first love - God.

Those who broadcast the good they do, does it for different reasons. Most of them are sycophants, wether christian, Muslim, politician , pastor or imam cry
Most churches does it to get more people coming to their church thereby getting more people to bring more fund and think less of the salvation of the people. With what we hear, T.B Joshua, does not concern himself about retaining the people coming to his church because he encourages them to go worship where they do. So his broadcast is more like a challenge to other Church's and pastors who don't do this. this does not in any way say he, Joshua, is perfect.

But alot of people ran to Jesus because they knew he could solve their problem.
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by emekaD3(m): 10:39am On Jun 19, 2011
PR MEANS PRESS RELEASE MOROONS grin
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by MeandSum: 11:17am On Jun 19, 2011
emeka.D.:

PR MEANS PRESS RELEASE MOROONS grin

PR means Public relations (PR)- who is the "Moroon" now Moroon? LMAO grin grin
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Horus(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2011

Nigerian Bishop David Oyedepo in one of his four multi-million dollar private jet

You can all see where the offerings are going to and by the way, are members of the church also allowed use of the jet?
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 21, 2011
I dont see any problem with TB Joshua hitting back. apostle paul defended his ministry several times,

challenging the power the false preachers used, and said that he was preaching with power,

also he told the congregation where the collections they made where to be sent to! etc
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by aribisala0(m): 9:00am On Jun 23, 2011
Jaidey-one:

so many fools on this thread. Y do u all like to criticise these pastors? If u work in a super market and after threating a customer well he decides to give me #100 will u give it to your boss? If i pastor a church and someone comes to my house after services and gives me money as a personal gift will u expect me to pay the money into the church account? These guys are pastors but they have their own private lives. They are entitled to a space on forbes list if they have the money. They are humans like us and they have their own families. Why do u morons expect them to act the same way Jesus christ did? Oyedepo is a writter. He has written many books. I'm sure he has sold over 30million copies of his books world wide. If a copy cost #1000 on the average that's 30billion. You morons should not forget he owns convenant university. It doesn't belong to the church so u can't expect him to make it a charity organisation.

pure genius!

1 Like

Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by jambogini: 8:21am On May 22, 2013
Egba girl: Delafruita, what exactly is the good news we are supposed to spread? I'm sure you know its not about the miracles and healiings n all that? Its not also helping the poor cause anyone can do good deeds. Good deeds don't malke a good Christian. The good news is the gospel which is Salvation - The birth, death and resurrection of Christ and the significance of these.

When we do good deeds, or help the poor etc, we do them out of love. We do them as an act of worship. I don't think the apostles went about talking about the mircales they performed. They went about preaching Christ. Asking pple to repent. It is your salvation that takes u to heaven. And no, I'm not against helping people and healing the sick. We shouldn't be running to Jesus cause he can solve our problems. That's what a lot of us do today. hristianity is not for show but a lot of us hve forgotten our first love - God.

Am sure you are still confused in life, rmmbr when Christ was on earth he did alot of miracles and fed thousands if not millions. how i wished technology was then atleast it would be video taped. the apostles wrote about his life on earth, this is why you have the NEW TESTAMENT now. Please think well
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by jambogini: 8:36am On May 22, 2013
Egba girl: I have a question. Why do they have to advertise their good deeds on tv? Doesn't the Bible say something about not letting your right hand know what ur left hand is doing? Or something like that. I mean there is no need to publicize what u do. People will talk about them n pple will know.

This is 21st century 100yrs ahead people then will have something to see about the life of Tb Joshua. Christ would have done so if there was video camera then. Reason with your brain
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by nwakaibeya1: 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Re: Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back by charlyxx9: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

World’s First Gay Bible 'Queen James ' Published / [Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.