Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

2.4 Toyota Camry Engine And What I Need To Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2.4 Toyota Camry Engine And What I Need To Know (696 Views)

Order/purchase Ur Tokunbo Engine And Gearboxes / Please Give me Some Advice. I Am About To Change My 2007 Camry Engine. / Top 4 Toyota Car Models In Nigeria And Their Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.4 Toyota Camry Engine And What I Need To Know by Gobdddd(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
My friend took my car, 2004 Toyota Camry to Enugu and it did overheat to the extent that the engine knocked.
Though I was mad initially but am calmed down right now.

I replaced the gasket, etc but in my way back, it happened again.
So, the mechanic advised a complete change of the Half and top.

But now, I don't want to make any mistake.
Does anyone have an idea of how I should get the best engine that will not disappoint me.
I heard there is grade one japan
There is also Taiwan.

Pls, how do I know which is which and how much can I get the best, assuming am buying from mgbuka Obosi or Ladikpo?

I don't want to make a mistake.

Warm regards
Re: 2.4 Toyota Camry Engine And What I Need To Know by Dozieson(m): 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
Gobdddd:
My friend took my car, 2004 Toyota Camry to Enugu and it did overheat to the extent that the engine knocked.
Though I was mad initially but am calmed down right now.

I replaced the gasket, etc but in my way back, it happened again.
So, the mechanic advised a complete change of the Half and top.

But now, I don't want to make any mistake.
Does anyone have an idea of how I should get the best engine that will not disappoint me.
I heard there is grade one japan
There is also Taiwan.

Pls, how do I know which is which and how much can I get the best, assuming am buying from mgbuka Obosi or Ladikpo?

I don't want to make a mistake.

Warm regards

Only good mechanic can help you o. Maybe you should chat gazzuzz up.

Some of these engines are 1az but altered to write 2az to cheat unsuspecting customers

There are japanese and US 2az. The Japanese is better. Some experience mechanics can identify the diff

1 Like

Re: 2.4 Toyota Camry Engine And What I Need To Know by Elsueno: 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
shocked

Shouldn't the cause of the overheating be found first b4 the replacement?
what if what's causing the engine to overheat isn't from the engine itself? , won't the new engine also go kaput

1 Like

Re: 2.4 Toyota Camry Engine And What I Need To Know by 2special(m): 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
Search for autologic on Nairaland...he will help you out

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Land Cruiser Or Highlander / Toyota Picnic /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.