Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,606 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

How To Get Backlinks For Your Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Get Backlinks For Your Website (241 Views)

How Can I Get Backlinks For My Bloy / How Do I Get Backlinks (successful Bloggers Only) / TRAFFIC!!! - Get Backlinks From Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Backlinks For Your Website by Memag1234: 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
In running a web based business or agency, one of the success criteria is the quality backlinks you get. Taking note of the word “Quality” means that all backlinks are not the same. Quality backlinks helps your content to rank higher on search engines. Imagine when 100 websites point to your page, even search engines will know that there is something unique about that page. No part of blogging is easy and as such blogging is not the lazy person’s job. Most times, blogging is not what you can do as a part time or side hustle. Blogging requires your full time effort and dedication. If you want to get the best from blogging, then be ready to put in the best effort.

Understanding how to get backlinks to your website is a very serious dimension in the blogosphere. You cannot do without it. As such, I have outlined some important things to do to help you get backlinks. But before then, it is important to know that if you are a new blogger or website owner, the whole workload depends on you. With time, the load will begin to ease. What this means is that as your blog is still a new blog, you build contents, get backlinks, do SEO etc all by yourself. This is to help your blog gain popularity.

At this point, any backlink that comes to your blog is a product of your effort. It is either you added your link somewhere or you begged someone to do it for you. But with time, people will begin to link to you without your consent. For example, I link to backlinko and neilpatel a lot yet they do not know me. This is because they have built their brand to the point that majority of my success comes from applying what I have learnt from their contents.

As much as content is key, backlinks is the king. The simplest way to understand what backlinks means is looking at it as recommendations from other websites. When a webpage points to another webpage as the source of a particular information, it tells search engines who the real owner of such information is. Now when several webpages points to one page, search engines will surely rank the original page higher than the others. This is to say that the more backlinks a webpage have the more chances it has to rank higher.

There are several ways to get backlinks. Whichever way you choose to apply, ensure you do not follow the black-hat way of getting backlinks. The black-hat will help you get immediate and massive traffic, but they are fake. Seeing this, it presents a negative impression to search engines. It is possible that a search engine could delist your entire blog. This is because of the black-hat strategy you use in getting links to your website. In get backlinks to your website, do the following and watch your result overtime.

Guest Posting

Guest posts are post made on a particular website with the intention to drive traffic back to the original source of that content. For example, articles on Nairaland are mostly written to drive traffic back to another website. For Nigerian websites, Nairaland is the king of backlinks. Guest posts are always free but the chances of having such opportunities are scarce. This is because not all platforms support guest postings. When you discover a website that gives the guest posting privilege, catch it because such privileges are hard to come by. If you write a guest post content on a high authority website, it has the capacity of flooding massive traffic to your webpage. Another good part of the guest posting traffic is that the traffic is always original. They are not traffic that is gotten as a result of the Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDOS). When this happens, it could help the global rank of your website to skyrocket. It is very possible that a single guest post from an authority website is all you need to announce your website to the entire world. As such, when such opportunities come by, grab it. Guest posting is one of the easiest and sweetest strategies to get massive visitors to your blog.

Sponsored Post

To get backlinks, this is another strategy, although it is not free. Sponsored post is a kind of guest posting that is paid for. When a website offers the guest posting service for pay, it is sponsored post. For you to achieve result through sponsored post, you must ensure that the said website is a high trafficked website. When you run a sponsored post on a website that does not get quality traffic, chances are that you will not achieve result. There are tons of websites that permits sponsored posts. You can leverage on them for this service. But then, ensure that whatever website or platform you want to use for sponsored post is in the same niche with what you want to write about. If you want to use the sponsored post strategy to get backlinks, then you must be result oriented. It is a service you pay for such that you should not waste your money in what will not profit you. Don’t apply for sponsored posts on websites with low domain authority. It will not make sense.

Mentions
When a website gives you credit for an information or content, it send a strong signal to search engines to recognize your website. Mentions are more authentic when they come from top influencers. When top websites like forbes, fortune, backlinko, neilpatel, etc. mentions and links to another site, it has the chances of boosting the ranking of such websites. Look at it from this point of view, when someone you respect recommends another person for you, chances are that you will adopt and accept the recommended person.

Forums and social share

Search engines and forums can send crazy backlinks to you. We cannot neglect the role of Forums and social media in this subject matter. Active participation in forums related to your niche will help build strong backlinks for a website. Several forums have thousands of registered users and thousands of none registered users such that interested people searching for information may find your content helpful and in turn visit your website for more information. Be active in forums. Start up new thread and discussion, drop your URL in every post you make. Comment on other posts. When commenting on a post, if you have a content on your blog with helpful information, you can also add the link there. On the other hand, social media are also strong platforms for backlinks. If you leverage on some key social media platforms for backlinks, you will end up meeting your target. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Quora, Reddit, Tumblr, Google+, Linkedin etc are exceptional for this purpose. With the number of people active on these platforms, using them to get or achieve your goals would be worthwhile and successful in the end. Several website owners do not know how to use social media to their own advantage. Learn it and it will help you.

Using comment sections of websites

Another way to get backlinks to your blog is by been active on other blogs. Comment on other blog posts and drop your link there. For example, if I come across is content titled best blogging niches for 2022, I can drop a comment like this. “hey I have gone through you content and it’s an amazing one. Though I have a more detailed and updated content titled profitable blogging niche. Here is the link, you can visit is and share your thought”. With this, I have dropped my link on his comment. It is possible he visits it link. It is also possible that others who visit the site may come across the comment and visit the link.

In trying to use this strategy, ensure you don’t overdo so that it will not appear to be spam. Also, ensure you do it for content that related to what you have. You don’t see a content on scholarship and you drop your link on politics. It does not relate and such it is termed black-hat.

Quality of Content

If you want to know how to get Backlinks for your website pay attention to the quality of contents you have. A local proverb says “good product sells itself”. If you have quality contents, many people will link to you once the come across the content. This is why I link to neilpatel and backlinko in almost all my contents. Those guys are just to superb in what they teach and do. If you read their contents and mine, you will see great similarities in our approach.

CONCLUSION

This is a proven guide on how to get Backlinks for your website. Blogging has not been easy at any point but you will continue to sail through. Use the comment box and let me know which one works for you most. Cheers.
https://www.infoducation.com/how-to-get-backlinks-for-your-website/

(1) (Reply)

Hey Web developers Who Can Help Me With This Script / 9 Tips To Get Better Results From Your Google Ads / Step By Step Guide On How To Add Adsense Code To Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.