Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi (12146 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Aregbesola Attend APC South West Leaders Parley / Fatima Adamu's Wedding: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Others Attend (Photos) / 2023: Tinubu, Fayemi Test Strength With APC Deputy National Chairman Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by adenigga(m): 5:03am On Jan 04, 2022
The Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) says it has no connection with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Lagos Governor Bola Tinubu and Ekiti Governor Kayode Fayemi.

Publicity Secretary, Yinka Oguntimehin said the organization was not involved with a “Mega Accord of 57 civil society groups rooting for southwest presidential candidate”.

In a statement on Monday, he said those who dropped the name of OPC during a meeting at the weekend were engaging in fraud.

The spokesman said the Aare Gani Adams-led body at no time announced it was mobilizing for any politician or party.

He maintained that Nigeria’s problem can only be solved through restructuring, to allow regions develop at their own pace as it was in the 1960 and 1963 constitutions.

“We are aware that when elections are approaching, some politicians usually use the OPC’s name to curry favours.

“There are some groups that are affiliates of political parties that usually make themselves available for politicians as at when due.”

Oguntimehin told the public that those masquerading as OPC members have no known ideals, programmes or activities.

“When anything happens in Yorubaland, you don’t hear their voices, except during elections or when they are paid to issue statements against us.

“Even if an angel emerges the president of this nation today, without restructuring, nothing will change for the better.

“Our position on the future of Nigeria is clearly stated in our belief in restructuring. That is why we root for regionalism as the best option for peace and stability.”

The statement warned persons and groups using the OPC to gain relevance or influence to stop or face appropriate actions.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023-OPC-disowns-Osinbajo-Tinubu-Fayemi

17 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by LegendHero(m): 5:16am On Jan 04, 2022
I have a question for OPC.

You said what we Yorubas need is restructuring (100% correct). How exactly are you going to get it if you fail to support someone that have at least 60-70% chance of effecting the restructuring?

If you can’t support Tinubu/Osinbajo/Fashola etc publicly, then at least let us know who you’ll rather support coz to even get restructuring, the nation need to keep working and you will need to have a president that can at least support it to an extent.

Are Ona Kakanfo that doesn’t know how to be diplomatic as a leader. Even if the Northerners don’t like Atiku, they won’t come out and be talking like elenujawaya like this.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by helinues: 5:17am On Jan 04, 2022
They are not supposed to to start with

2 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by helinues: 5:18am On Jan 04, 2022
LegendHero:

You said what we Yorubas need is restructuring. How exactly are you going to get it if you fail to at support someone that have at least 60-70% chance of effecting the restructuring?

OPC is only playing to the gallery.. No be same set of people that collected money from GEJ..

The restructuring message na boboring

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Shetemi12(m): 5:19am On Jan 04, 2022
I can't even remember any group called OPC. Their time is dead, we ain't in year 2000

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by anseeda: 5:21am On Jan 04, 2022
cheesy who come be their candidate, Shekau?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by LegendHero(m): 5:30am On Jan 04, 2022
helinues:

OPC is only playing to the gallery.. No be same set of people that collected money from GEJ..

The restructuring message na boboring

Don’t mind them. They are just pushing the usual rhetorics.

So because they want restructuring means they must not support anyone for president? Can’t both go together Abi who even dey advise these guys self.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 04, 2022
OPC is right with the quote below. Yet someone has to bell the Cat as Nigeria will not restructure herself. A resolute President is required to do it and I believe Tinubu or Osinbajo will.

In my opinion, OPC is merely seeking attention, and possibly flirting with the PDP, with this announcement because they can wait for clarification before making negative public statement that can create needless division in a vital Yoruba project.

A project that needs absolute unity, focus and for all Yorubas to pull their resources and might in the same direction.

We don't need attention-seeking rebels.

He maintained that Nigeria’s problem can only be solved through restructuring, to allow regions develop at their own pace as it was in the 1960 and 1963 constitutions.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by ScamHunter: 5:31am On Jan 04, 2022
This is the first sensible word coming from the Yoruba nation. OPC may yet write their name in gold. I do not comprehend what is wrong with Africans. From Middle-belt to the core north, a group has been empowered with the license to kill at will and are progressively destroying native communities and these stupid people called Nigerians care all about sharing proceeds from crude oil in the guise of governance. It is only a matter of time before all of Yorubaland becomes another Ilorin and their stupid politicians care all about going to Aso rock to steal money. While their tribesmen who wouldn't even benefit anything apart from "na my tribeman's turn to steal" hype them. Kudos to OPC. I hope you guys aren't singing a discordant tone because you want to be ''settled'' because this coming from you guys is surprising. Let me add that it's refreshing to see Yoruba group not acting deceitfully like the rest of their people. Reminds me of that Yinka Odumakin, the late Afenifere spokesman, one of the only two Yoruba men I respect. One dead, one alive.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by helinues: 5:31am On Jan 04, 2022
LegendHero:

Don’t mind them.

Abi, are they saying they are going to sabotage SW interest in 2023 with restructuring?

grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by TheRareGem1(f): 5:34am On Jan 04, 2022
OPC still dey? Lol.

They should go and rest. They are in extinction.

People don't rate them again.

If you disown these candidates, who are you going to support then? And we have someone who has been fighting for restructuring for a long time; called for community policing, cutting of governance cost, went to court more than 7 times all because of restructuring....

7 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by CannibalTorment: 5:37am On Jan 04, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 04, 2022
LegendHero:

You said what we Yorubas need is restructuring. How exactly are you going to get it if you fail to at support someone that have at least 60-70% chance of effecting the restructuring?

If you can’t support Tinubu/Osinbajo/Fashola etc publicly, then at least let us know who you’ll rather support coz to even get restructuring, the nation need to keep working and you will need to have a president that can at least support it to an extent.

Are Ona Kakanfo that doesn’t know how to be diplomatic as a leader. Even if the Northerners don’t like Atiku, they won’t come out and be talking like elenujawaya like this.

Indeed and this is what I hate about some Yoruba leaders. Their vainglorious, arrogant and needlessly attention-seeking nature.

If they are not the one scoring the winning goal then they are not happy for the team even as a team win is what every member of the Yoruba race should be looking for in 2023.

Never rule out that OPC could be flirting with PDP for personal gain also. I can see PDP and Atiku desperate to gain some traction in a SW that is appearing very determined to unite behind a Yoruba APC candidate, whoever he may be, for 2023.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by LegendHero(m): 5:50am On Jan 04, 2022
Dsalvo:

Indeed and this is what I hate about some Yoruba leaders. Their vainglorious, arrogant and needlessly attention-seeking nature.

If they are not the one scoring the winning goal then they are not happy for the team even as a team win is what every member of the Yoruba race should be looking for in 2023.

Never rule out that OPC could be flirting with PDP for personal gain also. I can see PDP and Atiku desperate to gain some traction in a SW that is appearing very determined to unite behind a Yoruba APC candidate, whoever he may be, for 2023.

Exactly, same scenario playing out almost every time without them learning from history.

@the bolded, Atiku will surely use some of these guys and I won’t be surprised if Gani Adams spearheads that. However, they have too much hurdles and baggages on Atiku’s neck that will affect their crusade in the SW. How do you market the people you already de-market time and time.

2023 will be sweet and no matter the political outcome, it will clear a lot of doubt and I just hope God give us all long life to witness it.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Tranquillity360: 5:58am On Jan 04, 2022
CannibalTorment:
Betrayal is better if they don't end up been barbecued and roasted before been eaten by fellow igbo tribesmen, yuck disgusting people
You mean like this....

6 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by ahuja12: 6:01am On Jan 04, 2022
LegendHero:

You said what we Yorubas need is restructuring (100% correct). How exactly are you going to get it if you fail to support someone that have at least 60-70% chance of effecting the restructuring?

Sharap!
Which restructuring is ur god bringing?
Which restructuring has he done in lagos apart from restructuring agberos to political office?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by ahuja12: 6:04am On Jan 04, 2022
helinues:

Abi, are they saying they are going to sabotage SW interest in 2023 with restructuring?

grin

Whose interest is tinubu going to serve?

His minions and fellow miscreants!

If you are expecting that Nigeria will turn to eldorado because tinubu is president, your home should be yaba left!

14 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 04, 2022
LegendHero:

Exactly, same scenario playing out almost every time without them learning from history.

@the bolded, Atiku will surely use some of these guys and I won’t be surprised if Gani Adams spearheads that. However, they have too much hurdles and baggages on Atiku’s neck that will affect their crusade in the SW. How do you market the people you already de-market time and time.

2023 will be sweet and no matter the political outcome, it will clear a lot of doubt and I just hope God give us all long life to witness it.

Well said brother. 2023 will indeed be sweet. It will separate the wheat from the chafe. We know the North do not want restructuring.

We also know Igbos are a confused people who are not advocates of good governance per se and will swing behind anything depending on what they have to gain.

They can reject restructuring at the drop of a hat if made a "cornerstone" (as GEJ described them) of Atiku's PDP Government.

It is the SW that needs restructuring vitally because the troubled years under Buhari and Jonathan has shown us that we may go down with other hopeless regions if we don't restructure to gain a system somewhat akin to regionalism.

Yorubas are in exactly the position that led Britain to Brexit. The comparative economic success of Britain made her the top destination for migrants from other EU States.

The Brexit vote simply confirmed that more Britons believed the nation needed to control her border, and the influx of those seeking a better life, to protect British people.

We cannot 'Yorubexit' from Nigeria. Yet as a proud and capable people , we now uncompromisingly want solutions that means we are able to use our talent and endowment to secure a better existence and future for Yorubas.

Believe me bro, this is all SW Yoruba intelligentsia now talk about everywhere I go and a political discussion ensues. It seems many Yorubas now see the situation as 'restructure or die'.

When the heat of the battle rages, I would really love to see, given the many negatives we Yorubas have suffered the most because of 'one Nigeria', the Yorubas amongst us who would dare work for the PDP Fulani candidate, indicating 'more of the same' for Yorubas and the SW, or try to sabotage an APC Yoruba.

I believe all this is 'demo' and ashawo runs by OPC. They will eventually be put in their place because Yoruba intellectuals, who believe it is their responsibility to agitate on behalf of even uneducated Yorubas in the the most remote Village, are not joking with restructuring, as an uncompromising demand on the next President, that will give us more control over our affairs.

We sprung behind Buhari because we believed he had the qualities and personal character to uncompromisingly push for it. Indeed Buhari has actually now proven to many Yorubas that Nigeria can never be restructured, benevolently for all, under a Northerner.

Most Yorubas now feel restructuring restructuring is something that is inevitable. It can be delayed but not denied. In fact this is the reason the OPC is using it to drive their personal agenda. They know restructuring, and changing the core nature of how Nigeria works, resonates strongly with every Yoruba today.

OPC will be shocked by the raw vehemence they will face over a goal many Yorubas now feel is bigger than the self-interest of any individual or group. Na me talk am.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by ba7man(m): 6:35am On Jan 04, 2022
Same OPC that collected money from GEJ and started parading the major streets of Lagos carrying arms??

Let them face neighbourhood security and leave politics aside, illiterate bunch.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 04, 2022
ahuja12:

Sharap!
Which restructuring is ur god bringing?
Which restructuring has he done in lagos apart from restructuring agberos to political office?

Illiterate. Do you know what restructuring is about and how, in Nigeria's reality, Tinubu symbolizes it the most of all Nigerian leaders since 1999?

When BAT became Governor in 1999 the entire world knew the man was obsessed with weaning Lagos of the addiction to Abuja cash and making the State socio-economically self-sustaining.

Tinubu has attained that exactly. This is why he is loved iconically and admired across the world from Africa to Europe, USA, Asia etal.

BAT supervised the delivery of the biggest IGR increase in the history of Nigeria for Lagos.

In the process making the State the 6th biggest economy in Africa and richer than some African 'powerhouse' nations like Ghana, Kenya etal.

Tinub succeedwd in ensuring Lagos is the only State in Nigeria that can sustain herself without financial support from the FG.

Anybody who talks about agberos when Tinubu is discussed is likely an IPOBian. Dead giveaway yet some of us expect it from you hateful people.

You are the only ones who would deny stunning achievements, that has made Lagos the number one permanent destination of your people in the entire world, to be talking childishly about agbero and bullion van when the entire world fetes Tinubu as being an outstanding reformers and one of the best in Nigeria's history.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 04, 2022
ba7man:
Same OPC that collected money from GEJ and started parading the major streets of Lagos carrying arms??

Let them face neighbourhood security and leave politics aside, illiterate bunch.

They will be tackled squarely over this. A Yoruba Presidency in 2023 is something virtually all Yorubas are not entertaining any compromise over.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Omoboricash(m): 6:49am On Jan 04, 2022
LegendHero:

Have u forgotten how OPC publicly supported PDP in 2015 and 2019 general election. Prior to 2015 election OPC was awarded pipelines surveillance contract worth billions of naira.
Gani Adams and Tompolo of Niger deltal militant got the contract. Opc started destroying Apc poster in lagos. Tinubu suddenly became OPC enemy.
So im not surprised if OPC did not support Any of Yoruba aspirant from apc. OPC and afenifere are wings of pdp.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by ba7man(m): 6:51am On Jan 04, 2022
Dsalvo:

They will be tackled squarely over this. A Yoruba Presidency in 2023 is something virtually all Yorubas are not entertaining any compromise over.
Gani Adams has always had his political leaning so it's expected.

OPC is a group of illiterates that have no business meddling in politics though.
Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Dapson73(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2022
OPC are known PDP so it's unexpected of them to support any APC aspirant.
They will definitely support there own Atiku or Bala Muhammed .

4 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Victorclean1: 6:55am On Jan 04, 2022
Hmmm, the truth is that I admired Osinbajo's effort and what he did when Buhari was out in London for three months.

But truly, I can't understand how he spend the traders money in billions given to him.

So shameful that people of SW , sold their soul to the north to betray GEJ/SE/SS with the maybe oral agreement to be zoning the president between them possibly and the north.

When it becomes obvious that the north may not go their way, they quickly formed Southern governors forum, in attempt to lure/use the SE/SS governors hypocritically to achieve their agenda.

This is the betrayal tendency am talking about. North begged GEJ to come back, they used their newspaper and media outreach to persuade him not to. Their reason is that it will tarnish GEJ image, while at the back planning secretly for their sheep leader to take over the mantle.

What a hypocrite. Nigeria is now wiser than before. APC know what they are doing. Even the man called Igboho fighting for them may receive a dose of betrayal.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by tunjijones(m): 6:55am On Jan 04, 2022
OPC still dey?
Re: 2023: OPC Disowns Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi by Mko123(m): 6:55am On Jan 04, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Guber: Oyetola Meets Buni, Submits Nomination Form / FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister / Picture Of Barr James Ocholi Body Lying In State Plus A Brief Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.