Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,151 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:14 PM

Is This Your Last Chance, Thou Barren Fig Tree? On - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Your Last Chance, Thou Barren Fig Tree? On (108 Views)

The Fig Tree Parable, COVID 19 And The Imminent Return Of Jesus / "The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree" / "Ghosts Have Sex With Women Who Sleep Unclad, Making Them Barren" - Witchdoctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This Your Last Chance, Thou Barren Fig Tree? On by topshore(f): 10:17am On Jan 04, 2022
Scripture Text: Luke 13:6-9

...give it another year and put plenty of fertilizer, if it's still barren next year, cut it down! (Luk 13: 8b,9).

Happy new year to you all!

Glory to God for His mercy to witness another year. Last year, many of us had hopes for next year ( i.e. this new year). Now that we are here, what does God think of you? Has God spared you to see the new year for a second or last chance to bear fruit in Him. Probably you have been a barren fig tree for a long time, you were not useful to God neither have you borne fruit in Christ, is this the year you bear fruit or be cut off?

In today's Scripture text, Jesus told a parable of the Barren Fig Tree. A man planted a fig tree. The fig tree used up lots of nutrients but did not produce any figs. “Why should I let this good-for-nothing fig tree use up good soil?” he asked the man. “Cut it down.” But the gardener replies, “Let it be for one more year. I will do everything I can for it. If it bears fruit, great! If not, cut it down.”
This story is about God's grace and generosity to sinners for another opportunity to repent but not to perish. Jesus Christ is the one who intercedes for us not to be cut off but be given a chance to be ferterlized ( through the Good News/Word of Christ), so that we can bear fruit of new birth and resurrection ( John 3:16).

God is not finished with any one of us yet, that's why He's giving us another opportunity to repent from our sin and turn to Christ for the salvation of our souls. He is a patient God!
The farm owner wants to cut it down. But his head gardener, a patient person who sees the big picture and asks the right questions says to him, “First let me aerate the soil and throw some manure on it. Let’s give it a second chance. After that, if it does not produce fruit, we can chop it down.” The question for us is “Are we like that fig tree? Are we bearing fruit that will last? What kind of fruit are we expected to bear?

Brethren, the fruit God is expecting us to bear this new year is the fruit of the Spirit, which is: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility and self-control ( Galatians 5: 22-23).

How do we bear this fruit?
1. Repent from all known sin
2. Give your life to Christ Jesus and make Him Your Lord and personal Saviour.
3. Ask for and receive the Baptism of Holy Ghost and Fire.
4. Be a friend of God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
5. Befriend the Holy Spirit in your daily life and routine.
6. Store up your treasure in Heaven and seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness...) Mathew 6:33)
7. Love God with all your life, soul, might, strength and power, and love your neighbor as yourself.
I pray that God will give us the grace to bear good fruit and we shall not be cut off this year and beyond in Jesus mighty name, amen.

If you would love to give your life to Christ, say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You today, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world, in Your name I pray, amen".
Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Assistance With Medical Bills / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Sunday, January 9, 2022 / Learn To Appreciate The Struggles Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.