Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Why You Should Go For Local Fowls - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why You Should Go For Local Fowls (1842 Views)

Who Can Partner With Me, Send Local Fowls From The North While I Sell In Onitsha / Local Fowls Business / How To Successfully Rear Local Chickens/fowls For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rearing of local fowls is a business that has not being fully explored.everybody want to rear agric chicken,wherebyt you can make a lot of from local fowl.
here are some reasons why you should go for the local breed.
1.low cost of purchase:
you can get a young chick for seven hundred naira.
2.low cost of housing:
with a amount like 10k you can build a portable house for the birds.
3.disease resistance:
local fowls rarely get sick than agric birds.
4.free range:
if you like you can allow you birds free range,not bothering of feeding.
5.eggs and meat:
you will get sweet eggs and meat from your birds.
6.security:
local fowls will alert if a person intrudes,while agric fowl will sit and look like slowpoke.e.t.c

with this reason i have justify my point why you should buy local fowls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by bull67: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
ha ha ha ha slowpoke. This is good information. So how much is local fowls. how long till they get matured?
Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
bull67:
ha ha ha ha slowpoke. This is good information. So how much is local fowls. how long till they get matured?
you can get mature fowls for 1500 naira down and young ones for 700 below.they reach sexual maturity at five to six months.
Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by bull67: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
so that means the agric one is more expensive. A friend bought his for 7k this year. 1500 is so cheap. i think it because of size and taste. but i think the local one is sweater.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2022
bull67:
so that means the agric one is more expensive. A friend bought his for 7k this year. 1500 is so cheap. i think it because of size and taste. but i think the local one is sweeter.
local fowl is cheap and sweet compare to agric chicken
Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by YourFavorite21(m): 10:09am On Jan 05, 2022
Agric chicken na stress , them too dey sick.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2022
YourFavorite21:
Agric chicken na stress , them too dey sick.
and them mumu too

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by YourFavorite21(m): 10:15am On Jan 05, 2022
kingdaddie1:

and them mumu too
I swear , person fit steal Agric chicken easily .

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
YourFavorite21:
I swear , person fit steal Agric chicken easily .
dey go just sit down like slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by stagger: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2022
I have some local chickens on my farm. No vaccination, no feeding with any poultry feed. They are fending for themselves, laying eggs, hatching and increasing in numbers.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
stagger:
I have some local chickens on my farm. No vaccination, no feeding with any poultry feed. They are fending for themselves, laying eggs, hatching and increasing in numbers.
no spending of cash
Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by Redman44(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2022
kingdaddie1:
Rearing of local fowls is a business that has not being fully explored.everybody want to rear agric chicken,wherebyt you can make a lot of from local fowl.
here are some reasons why you should go for the local breed.
1.low cost of purchase:
you can get a young chick for seven hundred naira.
2.low cost of housing:
with a amount like 10k you can build a portable house for the birds.
3.disease resistance:
local fowls rarely get sick than agric birds.
4.free range:
if you like you can allow you birds free range,not bothering of feeding.
5.eggs and meat:
you will get sweet eggs and meat from your birds.
6.security:
local fowls will alert if a person intrudes,while agric fowl will sit and look like slowpoke.e.t.c

with this reason i have justify my point why you should buy local fowls.

You can buy 2 Cockerels ( Agric ) chicks and let them grow up with the local fowls. These Agric cockerels will learn to be immune to diseases and they will grow up to mate with the female local fowls- This will help you get crossbreeds chickens that will be bigger and lay bigger eggs for you. With crossbreed local chickens, you will make more money. Try the experiment out this year. Buy the young pullets of the cockerels attached to this post.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by bull67: 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
crossbreed is a good idea

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2022
[quote author=Redman44 post=109139986]

You can buy 2 Cockerels ( Agric ) chicks and let them grow up with the local fowls. These Agric cockerels will learn to be immune to diseases and they will grow up to mate with the female local fowls- This will help you get crossbreeds chickens that will be bigger and lay bigger eggs for you. With crossbreed local chickens, you will make more money. Try the experiment out this year. Buy the young pullets of the cockerels attached to this post. [/quote
thanks for the advice,i will try it

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by SocialJustice: 8:37am On Jan 08, 2022
Redman44:

You can buy 2 Cockerels ( Agric ) chicks and let them grow up with the local fowls. These Agric cockerels will learn to be immune to diseases and they will grow up to mate with the female local fowls- This will help you get crossbreeds chickens that will be bigger and lay bigger eggs for you. With crossbreed local chickens, you will make more money. Try the experiment out this year. Buy the young pullets of the cockerels attached to this post.
A friend has chickens like the one you posted but they lay and hatch their eggs. Having a little animal farm is not a bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by Redman44(m): 9:45am On Jan 08, 2022
SocialJustice:
A friend has chickens like the one you posted but they lay and hatch their eggs. Having a little animal farm is not a bad idea.

Your friend's chickens are most likely crossbreeds of local and agric chickens. This is why they hatch their eggs.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by SocialJustice: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
Redman44:

Your friend's chickens are most likely crossbreeds of local and agric chickens. This is why they hatch their eggs.
Yes, mum and dad are agriculture experts. They have access to quite a lot of hybrids within Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Go For Local Fowls by kingdaddie1: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2022
Redman44:

what of special cockerel

(1) (Reply)

Highly Nutritious Quail Eggs For Sale In Lagos (08034173611) / Join The Jireh Team Today (2 Months Cucumber Training) / My Experimental Snail Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.