Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down (21110 Views)

Don’t Push Us To War, FCT Natives Warn FG, Army Over Land Tussle / Land Tussle: Abba Community Protests At Anambra Government House (Video) / Tinubu's Camp Threatens Ambode: Stand Down Or Face Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Vinnie2000(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
This Sanwo Olu is too Soft!

But can't blame him too much!

Dat's what Installed Governors face! sad

Governors that won elections by themselves such as James Ibori, Alamieyessigha, Chris Ngige, etc will solve this issue in a Different manner!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Martins9756: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2022
ShadowWalker00:
Our man come 2023.

A true Lagos indigene.

A bridge builder, a politically sound man, a youth.

Hakeem Muri Okunola on your mandate I stand cheesy.

A no-nonsense administrator, his records as head of state service speaks for itself.

2023 incoming Lagos State governor. cool

Sanwo-olu the stooge will be sent parking, Muri-Okunola owns Sanwo-olu.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/06/20/whos-after-hakeem-muri-okunola-governorship-ambition-rumour-gains-ground/
you're just a neenicompu, and you're speaking yanyanpu, in fact you're brainless.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by wirinet(m): 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
DubaiLandLord:

Are you saying the Supreme Court judgement should not be followed?

My brother, I don't understand what settlement again after a Supreme Court judgement (assuming there is indeed a Supreme Court judgement). This is why people refers to Nigeria as a lawless country. Why will a court judgement not be obeyed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Lindodo20: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
ShadowWalker00:
Our man come 2023.

A true Lagos indigene.

A no-nonsense administrator, his records as head of state service speaks for itself.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/06/20/whos-after-hakeem-muri-okunola-governorship-ambition-rumour-gains-ground/

Mumu don come
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Eyecleanser44(m): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
calmness0:
That CSP should be promoted

I am sure NPF will be proud of him.

promote wetin oga?

you say promote for where....

see come no let me shift your left jaw for you there.......

lolzzz.....

Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by sammirano: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
Incoherent bastard.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by ShadowWalker00(m): 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lindodo20:

Mumu don come
If you have nothing reasonable to say why don't you shut up.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by BJanta: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
allcomage:
Those houses should be demolished for the first allottees to back their lands as per the judgment of the supreme Court, let the state government compensate the the second allottees. There is so much impunity in the land.

My thoughts. The governors intervention does not in any way invalidate the Supreme Court judgment. And the median way is what you've suggested.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
wirinet:

My brother, I don't understand what settlement again after a Supreme Court judgement (assuming there is indeed a Supreme Court judgement). This is why people refers to Nigeria as a lawless country. Why will a court judgement not be obeyed?
While the case was ongoing, the court told the State Government not to sell undeveloped plots till the court case end, the Lagos State Government no listen.

Now the Lagos State Government is talking of settlement.

The Supreme Court judgement is final.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Lindodo20: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
ShadowWalker00:

If you have nothing reasonable to say why don't you shut up.

Mumuni
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Htt0: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
Oh
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Jostoman: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
TicketGreen:
The trick is simple, force the residents out and sell the lands to malami and his compadres...
Don't be surprised tinubu knows about this
everything that is happening their is a script.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Jostoman: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
Abeg who produce the movie this people are acting for us?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Jostoman: 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
allcomage:
Those houses should be demolished for the first allottees to back their lands as per the judgment of the supreme Court, let the state government compensate the the second allottees. There is so much impunity in the land.
abeg who wrote the script they are acting for us?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by femiasaolu2014: 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Am waiting for my mummy G.O to say something about this issue undecided

Imagine being married to this woman's daughters?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
MANNABBQGRILLS1:

You well so?

Identify yourself.

Are you the vulture griller or an impostor?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by OmegaAutos: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
ShadowWalker00:
Our man come 2023.

A true Lagos indigene.

can you just stop this nonsense and let the man be.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Lanretoye(m): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
See the set awon were olopa for him back lass lass
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by manlawal(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Busineessguru1:
Are you into business and you want to learn how to structure your business to be like big organizations like Coca-Cola and other big corporations I have an ebook that will help you structure your business to function effectively without your supervision or having to always monitor your workers before work can be done and help you maximize profit. For just 3k you can get the material for now before it goes back to 5k and I will also add you to a Whatsapp business group for free where you will learn more and connect. Contact me with the number below in my profile
read it bro no need to sell it
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by MAURI: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
@FreestufsNG

I completely agree. It's just upsetting seeing how it seems the Governor is attempting to review a SC judgement to the disadvantage of the judgement winners. All those who originally cheated the land owners need to be prosecuted. It's so so unfair. Imagine if the judgement winners had lost at the SC, would the Governor had given them same protection he is giving those who benefited from the injustice meted to the true owners of the land.

You are spot on. You are in the know.

Similar to the Adeshiba (Olopake) vs. Ojora case. Justice Oguntade. cool One of the biggest and glaring land fraud cases in the history of Lagos State. Judicial system is a joke. The supreme court is the last hope for a lot of land owners in Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Emperor550(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
manlawal:
read it bro no need to sell it
grin grin grin
guy you no go make heaven
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by TheGift: 12:50am On Jan 05, 2022
allcomage:

Makes sense, but it’s not so straightforward.

Second allottes, the title of their allottmemt. valuation of land and development etc will still need to be determined, and will take some time.

This haste to enforce the judgement immediately by demolition, is insensitive , especially to tenants/residents and may lead to cases being brought against the judgement creditors in the future.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Jacksonian001(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by sakssey23: 2:34am On Jan 05, 2022
Lagosfinder:
Gov Sanwo-Olu intervenes over planned magodo estate demolition, invites all warring parties for settlement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2zLUJ0q0K0

SANWO-OLU INTERVENES IN MAGODO LAND TUSSLE, ORDERS STAND DOWN

•Governor to meet affected parties, stakeholders on Wednesday for peaceful resolutions

•Residents commend Sanwo-Olu for timely intervention

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday fully intervened in the Magodo Phase II land tussle by restoring peace to the estate.

Governor Sanwo-Olu, who called on all the parties involved to stand down pending when the matter is completely resolved, invited affected families, residents and other stakeholders to a meeting in his office at Lagos House, Ikeja on Wednesday at 11 am for peaceful resolutions.

It would be recalled that armed policemen, who were acting on the instruction of the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, and the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, a fortnight ago had laid a siege in Magodo Phase II Estate following the planned demolition of property in the estate based on a Supreme Court Order.

Some members of a family had come to execute the Supreme Court judgment on the ownership of the land where hundreds of properties were built. The properties were marked with red, brown, and blue inks to inscribe ‘ID/795/88 Possession Taken Today 21/12/21 by Court Order’.

The siege on Magodo II Estate was resisted by landlords and residents, who protested and trooped out en mass to prevent forceful takeover or demolition of their properties.

Speaking to journalists and estate residents during his visit to Magodo Phase II Estate on Tuesday to assess the situation of things himself, Governor Sanwo-Olu who was accompanied by his cabinet members and the Lagos State Police Commissioner, Hakeem Odumosu, said the matter called for proper deliberation in the interest of peace and therefore implored all parties to stand down until the matter is completely resolved.

The Governor also assured residents of the estate that nobody would be harassed or any property be pulled down pending the outcome of his meeting with all the parties involved.

He said: “I have spoken extensively with the Inspector-General of Police and the Attorney- General of the Federation, and we have resolved all of the issues. So what we would see is that there is going to be a total stand down. Tomorrow (Wednesday), we will be inviting the representatives of the judgement creditors.

“We have actually started a committee meeting, but I want to invite them (Judgement creditors) again officially to my office tomorrow by 11 a.m. to come over with two or three of their representatives. The State Government representatives will be there, the residents' association will be there, and the police will also be there. So whatever it is that must have brought about all these troubles and heartaches will need to be brought there.

"We will all go through every line of it and we will come to an amicable resolution. So, I want everyone to please ensure that peace will be restored to the estate. I want all of our citizens to go about their lawful businesses knowing fully well that nobody will be harassed or any property will be trampled upon pending all of these conversations.

"We will have an extended conversation tomorrow so that we can bring this to final closure. So I want to ask the residents, the executives, don’t take the laws into your hands. Just go back home peacefully. The Policemen have been recalled back. They would be here and nothing would happen. And tomorrow, even the judgement creditors, would also come to meet with us. They claimed that the people that we met here were not their full representatives.”

Prior to Governor Sanwo-Olu's address to journalists and residents of the estate, the Governor and his team visited the police station within the estate, he was addressed by one CSP Abimbola Oyewole, who told him that his team had been sent from Abuja to execute the Supreme Court judgement on Magodo Phase 2 properties.

After the police team leader could not provide the copy of the said judgement as demanded by the governor, Governor Sanwo-Olu ordered the armed policemen to deactivate their operation and leave Lagos in the interest of peace.

Governor Sanwo-Olu told the Police officers that the matter is between the Lagos State government and the judgement creditor.

"It is a case between the residents of Lagos and the supposed people, not the residents. They have nothing to do with the residents. Please, can you call your superior now in Abuja that the state governor is here standing in front of you and I am the Chief Security Officer and that I want you to leave now and that you have no business in my state, that I want you to disengage now?” Governor Sanwo-Olu declared.

Governor Sanwo-Olu later placed phone calls to the authorities in Abuja, on whose authority the armed policemen were said to have been acting and the stand off was resolved.

The visit of Governor Sanwo-Olu also facilitated the release of about 20 residents that were arrested earlier by the Police officers.

According to residents of the estate, those arrested were detained by the Police in what they described as an unlawful invasion of their properties, saying most of the property owners were locked up in the name of the enforcement of the Supreme Court verdict.

Some of the residents who spoke to journalists commended Governor Sanwo-Olu for coming to their rescue and showing leadership in the state by defending them in time of need as the Chief Security Officer of Lagos State.

How come he the Governor wasn't there at the toll gate massacre to tell the army / police to stand down during the end Sars protest.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Validated: 3:03am On Jan 05, 2022
wirinet:

They are just buying time. The Residents should just go to the meeting to seek LASG help to convince the judgement creditors to allow them buy back the land from the judgement creditors. If the residents continue in their gragra hmm. They will go home empty handed. Ask yourself, if LASG secured a Suprene Court judgement over any land, would Sanwuolu waste time before demolishing the place?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down by Enyimbamercedes: 3:13am On Jan 05, 2022
Intervenes?

A police officer boldly faced the lily-livered coward docile douchbag and told him to call the IG and AGF himself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Official Commissioning Of International Conference Centre Awka(video&photos) / Court Sacks Senator Emmanuel Bwacha For Defecting to APC / AGF Oluwatoyin Madein In Alleged Age Falsification, Bribery - Angry Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.