Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,796 members, 7,831,579 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego (6603 Views)

Reverend Yinka Yusuf: How Peter Obi Bruised My Ego & I Felt Embarrassed / Seyi Tinubi: 3 Ways To Give Back That Doesn't Require A Financial Investment / Reno Omokri Reacts To IGP Ibrahim Idris' Speech Blunder With (See Tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Pakute: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2022
mrvitalis:

LMAO , apart from the igbos in the oil sector n political billoniares most Igbo billoniares made it in south east

Innoson , coscharis , cutex, orange drugs , tommy Tommy , galbros , I can keep naming
In your little brain, Innoson, coscharis, orange drugs made it in South east?. Lol. Don't be dumb bro.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2022
maestroferddi:
What obfuscating nonsense are you talking about?

Lagos was built with the commonwealth of all Nigerians so don't give me that crap of trying to patronize...

In any case, whatever progress the Igbos boast of today in Lagos was achieved by the dint of harwork and venturesomeness inspire of stultifying hatred and opposition by weak-minded people like you.

There is nothing to correct, ogbeni. We igbos are existentially republican in nature and therefore will not kowtow before any tingod in the name of expediency and political correctness...

Respect the Igbos and see them as equal partners in the Nigerian project and know peace.

You're hopeless as most Igbos are. Stuck in the past and totally incapable of seeing how things must change inevitably and beyond the control of men.

Only 'slow' people will not understand the inevitable brexit-like evolution of Nigeria vis a vis the increasingly fractious relationship between her ethnic groups as rapid population growth instigates more competition for scarce resources.

This worsening reality will mean that, in the near future, all Nigerians will have to build from their geographical bases and not from the States and regions of others, as you Igbos are used to doibg, that will consequentially getting more protectionists.

Nigeria is inevitably moving toward a model where ethnic protectionism will grow in States and region.

Yorubas are preparing for this scenario and actually welcome it because we know we will be Nigeria's greatest beneficiaries of it.

You myopic Igbos will be the worst victim of it because you can never prepare for a life where you are cut off from using the land and resources of others to thrive.

Polish folks cannot now just drive into the UK, as obtained when Great Britain was part of the EU, to get a job tomorrow that will be feeding their extended family in Poland.

This is the 100% future of Nigeria you Igbos are most vulnerable to and least prepared for.

You can remain here talking ignorantly and covetously about Lagos and how Igbos migrate for economic benefits.

The future you greedy, ungrateful and unreasonable Igbos never plan for will shock you same as many EU foreigners living in the UK did not think their status would change overnight.

The reality is that world population is growing at a rate available resources (jobs, food, healthcare etc) cannot cope with thus creating scarcity that will increase geographical protectionism and territorial awareness in future which will lead to more cases of Brexit everywhere. Smart folks plan for the future.

Those who fail to plan are planning to fail. That is the Igbo man. Keep talking braggadociously here on Nairaland instead of planning for an inevitable Nigerian future that will harm Igbos unimaginably.

The problem of the Igbo man will always be your addiction to money and material wealth that makes you incapable of seeing other important things.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by michelz: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2022
Reality3080:
This was d same thing i was trying to explain to a moniker IGBOSON1 today,he just keeps rewriting history n changing narratives to suit himself.

Igbos have to realise they are part of the problems we have in Nigeria n look for ways to correct their wrongs so the people can change opinion about them but they keep repeating d same mistake n keep shouting

"They hate us"
"They envy us"

Nairaland is replete with people like you - you open a new moniker in December and make about 200 posts, more than half of which are targeted against Igbos.
Well cool... I usually have a declaration for people like you: Since you detest the Igbos so much, may you never see or receive anything good from any Igbo person in your life starting from this new year. The more you express your hate for Igbos, the more you wilfully agree to the declaration I made above. So shall it be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by IkpuMmadu: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're hopeless as most Igbos are. Stuck in the past and totally incapable of seeing how things must change inevitably and beyond the control of men.

Only 'slow' people will not understand the inevitable brexit-like evolution of Nigeria vis a vis the increasingly fractious relationship between her ethnic groups as rapid population growth instigates more competition for scarce resources.

This worsening reality will mean that, in the near future, all Nigerians will have to build from their geographical bases and not from the States and regions of others, as you Igbos are used to doibg, that will consequentially getting more protectionists.

Nigeria is inevitably moving toward a model where ethnic protectionism will grow in States and region.

Yorubas are preparing for this scenario and actually welcome it because we know we will be Nigeria's greatest beneficiaries of it.

You myopic Igbos will be the worst victim of it because you can never prepare for a life where you are cut off from using the land and resources of others to thrive.

Polish folks cannot now just drive into the UK, as obtained when Great Britain was part of the EU, to get a job tomorrow that will be feeding their extended family in Poland.

This is the 100% future of Nigeria you Igbos are most vulnerable to and least prepared for.

You can remain here talking ignorantly and covetously about Lagos and how Igbos migrate for economic benefits.

The future you greedy, ungrateful and unreasonable Igbos never plan for will shock you same as many EU foreigners living in the UK did not think their status would change overnight.

The reality is that world population is growing at a rate available resources (jobs, food, healthcare etc) cannot cope with thus creating scarcity that will increase geographical protectionism and territorial awareness in future which will lead to more cases of Brexit everywhere. Smart folks plan for the future.

Those who fail to plan are planning to fail. That is the Igbo man. Keep talking braggadociously here on Nairaland instead of planning for an inevitable Nigerian future that will harm Igbos unimaginably.

The problem of the Igbo man will always be your addiction to money and material wealth that makes you incapable of seeing other important things.
adviser general... Leave igbo and focus on your terrible region
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Pakute: 11:40am On Jan 05, 2022
Idiko1:

Only a fool will continue to regurgitate this conjectural crap because Ndigbo wanted out of the shithole called Nigeria in late 60s. What happened to similar crap that Lt Col Francis Fajuiyi wanted to die with Ironsi? Was Azikwe the final arbiter on what remained or vacated Nigerian constitution? When did Azikwe become the British colonialist? Any member of the constitutional conference had an opinion which was debated, agreed or disagreed. No one member decided what was left or removed. For the sake of posterity, If Awolowo and Bello wanted the regions to have the option to secede, a person wonders what stopped such clause since majority carries the vote. I guess you are smart enough to realize that two heads are better than one. You are very noisy instead of studious.
Little fláthead, can you tell us how Fajuyi died?
Moreso, you're so dumb to think that the dismissal of succession clause was an option of minority vs majority votes.
I have always said that you guys are only capable of thinking like a goat. What manner of an idiot thinks that the Independence constitution was as a result of three people in a room casting their votes for or against. You think you can exonerate your dumbhead forefather, Azikiwe who DEBATED and CONVINCED the British Authorities never to approve of succession clause into the Constitution. The greed Azikiwe sowed years back, you, his offsprings are all reaping now.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Legend44(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
chigator2:
MY RESPONSE TO THE CONFUSED RENO OMOKRI

Who made you the sole custodian of History. Some people confuse fluency for knowledge. That is why you seize every silly opportunity to score cheap clout points.

How old are you, did you even witnessed the civil war, what defining moment in Nigerian history were you present. Why then should your opinion become law especially over topics broader than your scope.

Do you think Everyone eats off the social media. People research, study, consult elders and aged people. Who do consult before you come up with your babble. You probably regurgitate whatever you recently read so as to look smart online. We know your tricks.

And the effrontery to conform the entire Igbo nation to your silliness is what I can't understand. Are you more learned than Achebe, Ike and the rest to be making thoughtless noise online. You better respect the little relevance you have left before life puts you in your place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Hate and Envy Us and that is the truth which you are your type are trying to rewrite. Hypocrites

Stop being Too Noisy and Irrational so much that you make false claims.
Please show me show denies these existential truths that everyone witnessed and recorded. No one can so stop lying sheepishly.

I am Igbo and I affirm that these events occurred but the only alteration I want to make is your judgement of their intent. To me they were borne out of positive intentions by detribalized, nevertheless Nigeria is a failed experiment so it backfired and barbarism took over.

TooNoisy Igbos haven't held power in ages yet the perfect beings can't fix their Zoo. Stop the blame game.

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by maestroferddi: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Awon copy and paste gang...

Brexit happened several years ago and yet you are just getting lost in excitement over it.

Where is the smartness in comparing apples to oranges?

What is the percentage of contribution of non-British interests to UK economy?

Can anyone in any semblance of rationality draw the same parallels with Lagos where non-Yoruba interest is over 60 percent?

The Igbos will be blowing vuvuzelas to announce to you that the are planning for the future, you this man, abi?

Travelling is your nemesis else you would have heard of industrial clusters being erected progressively in some Igbo states...

We are solution-driven people and not noisemakers...We did it before, we can do it again!

The ingenuity and indomitable spirit of the Igboman are reference points all over the world...you are too small to come into reckoning...

Besides, what bravery and forcefulness of character are greater than the resolution/quest of the Igbos to desire to be the sole masters of their own destiny...

You know and even your dog knows it...The Igbos will build a viable country if they are allowed to go their separate ways.

Recognize excellence and dynamism and enjoy mental liberation...
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by madridguy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by mrvitalis(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pakute:

In your little brain, Innoson, coscharis, orange drugs made it in South east?. Lol. Don't be dumb bro.

They made it in your father's house
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by IkpuMmadu: 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pakute:

Idiot, why can't you report his comments
lol
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Pakute: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
mrvitalis:

They made it in your father's house
Let me repeat myself. Those idiots you called billionaires are Government made.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by mrvitalis(m): 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pakute:

Let me repeat myself. Those idiots you called billionaires are Government made.
Cutex , coscharis , innoson are government made ? Obviously u are not into business yes even ibeto is government made , tommy Tommy is government made , orange drugs government made

Obviously u haven't done anything business before
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by BKayy: 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
abeeee:

Stop being dumb

Humans settled in awka....did that make it a city ?

Awka was just a normal forest village people settled in
Edo had settlers as early as the 900s bit became a flourishing city around the 1100s
Who knows awka in history abi the funny name wey you call am
You just proved reno right
I can see that you don't know the difference between fact and folktales.
You want to challenge science radiocarbon dating with Bini folktales.

When did Bini start using Gregorian calender to ascertain that they started cutting trees in Benin City by 900 AD?
Where is the cutlass?
If the cutlass can be discovered, then the age of Benin Settlement won't be 12th century. Science judge human settlement not by stories but by the age of the earliest human tools or poof of human existence found in the area and that of Benin is the bronzes dating 12th century.

Awka on the other hand have their own folktales and it is even a creation myth. They have those they believe sprouted from the land (iviteani) but we don't go with those myths and folktales in academic discussions. We go with scientific carbon dating and the site of Awka Guild City plus the metals and bronzes of relating Nri puts the city at 9th Century.

Thats what you see on the Wikipedia and the source is by the side of it.
Benin boldy written 12th century in all history books based on the age of the earliest artifacts from there.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by BKayy: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
oyatz:

The Obelisk at Ile-Ife was dated using Radiocarbon (C-13) dating to around 100AD.

Humans have lived in different parts of Nigeria for thousands of years.
Mtcheww... I am not here for shouting exercises.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2022
IkpuMmadu:
adviser general... Leave igbo and focus on your terrible region

Lol. An Igbo, from perhaps the worst region in Nigeria today, saying the SW, undoubtedly the best region in our nation by a Country, is "terrible". Biggest oxymoron I have heard this year.

Why wont the 10 million plus Igbos living in the SW leave the "terrible" region and head back to the SE 'Eldorado' they originate from?

It would be easy to assume Igbos are all grade A dullards, from the online comments of folks like you, If not that I know some intelligent Igbos in real life.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Pakute: 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
mrvitalis:

Cutex , coscharis , innoson are government made ? Obviously u are not into business yes even ibeto is government made , tommy Tommy is government made , orange drugs government made

Obviously u haven't done anything business before
I'm not a sentimental goat like you guys. Go & check the amount in billions of dollars that BOI gave to innoson for his start up, how many Nigerians had access to such?. Coscharis like Dangote was given the Monopoly for car spare parts imports & assembly.
Orange drugs had the same license to import pharmaceutical products through out the country. You dimwits complain about Dangote enjoying monopoly whereas ibo business men have been beneficiaries at some point yet nobody made a noise about it.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by gidgiddy: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
TooNoisy:
For example, when you remind them that an Igbo son - Nnamdi Azikiwe - was the person that made referendums and secession a treasonable felony, they will deny and try to rewrite history. Both Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello wanted the regions to have the option to secede but Azikiwe was against it and the British sided with him.

Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello wanted the Regions to have option secession and Zik didnt want it? Lets say this is true, how exactly did Zik and the Eastern Region override Bello, Awolowo, the entire North and West? That is simply impossible that Zik was more powerful than Bello and Awolowo combined.

[b]When you remind them that 5 Igbo soldiers truncated our First Republic and brought in the military who had no idea of governance, they will deny and try to change history. They did not complain then, because an Igbo man became president, but when the Northerners took over, they became bitter.[/quote]

The five men you are talking about, one was from the west, the other from the Midwest and three from the East. But somehow, some want to make it an exclusive Eastern affair

When you remind them that an Igbo man - Aguiyi Ironsi - declared the Unitary System of Government and declared that all resources in the regions now belonged to the Government at the center; they will deny and try to change history. Now they call other tribes unity beggars.

Ironsi never declared unitary rule and he never took over the resources of the Regions. In fact, Ironsi was the only military ruler who kept Nigeria as close to the independence constitution as possible. He kept the four Regions and he maintained resource control. Gowon then came after Ironsi, divided the 4 Regions Nigeria had, into 12 states and placed all resources in the hands of the federal government with Decree 14
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by SonofLothbrok: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2022
hatchy:
Let the truth be told for once. Igbos always look at other ethnic groups as inferior to them. They are the major cause of the problems in this country.

Nzeogwu killed Ahmadu Bello, his wife and kinsmen. He killed the Yorubas also, but none, I say none of his own was killed in the 1966 coup. Ironsi took over, that wasn't a problem but when the Northerners gathered and meted same treatment the Igbos gave to them, in return, they cried genocide.
They cheat you but doesn't want to be cheated. They sell drugs and destroy youths of other tribes and country but they have been resisting Mpkurumiri in their communities.

Igbos should learn how to be humble and be less problematic, troublesome and stubborn.

What is it about Nigerians and its agents and employees that they can lie with impunity.
Those who corrupt the public mind are just as evil as those who steal from the public purse.
I believe your definition of staying humble is to be corrupt.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by ba7man(m): 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
Tranquillity360:
Oga forget talk. You yorubas are too small to challenge Igbos talk more of dealing with them.

Your Fashola has closed Ladipo
before for being too dirty.

He should have closed it because Igbos are in it,then we will see how it goes.

Mind you that Ladipo market have Igbos,hausafulanis and yorubas in it,Yea but majority Igbo.

What your Fashola as a yoruba man fighting Igbos should have done is single out only Igbo shops in the market lock it up or even destroy all it goods.

Do that and lets see the out come.

Long story.

Na una Governors dey always come beg for una.

Na social media you your power dey, internet warrior.

Your big boys dey go lobby Yoruba Governors and leaders but broke arses like you dey here dey claim ultimate warrior.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Pakute: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
gidgiddy:

[s]Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello wanted the Regions to have option secession and Zik didnt want it? Lets say this is true, how exactly did Zik and the Eastern Region override Bello, Awolowo, the entire North and West? That is simply impossible that Zik was more powerful than Bello and Awolowo combined.

[b]When you remind them that 5 Igbo soldiers truncated our First Republic and brought in the military who had no idea of governance, they will deny and try to change history. They did not complain then, because an Igbo man became president, but when the Northerners took over, they became bitter.

The five men you are talking about, one was from the west, the other from the Midwest and three from the East. But somehow, some want to make it an exclusive Eastern affair

When you remind them that an Igbo man - Aguiyi Ironsi - declared the Unitary System of Government and declared that all resources in the regions now belonged to the Government at the center; they will deny and try to change history. Now they call other tribes unity beggars.

Ironsi never declared unitary rule and he never took over the resources of the Regions. If fact, Ironsi was the only military ruler who kept Nigeria as close to the independence constitution as possible. He kept the four Regions and he maintained resource control. Gowon then came after Ironsi, divided the 4 Regions Nigeria had, into 12 states and placed all resources in the hands of the federal government with Decree 14[/s]
You can keep burying your head in sand because of the shameful history of your forefathers but those who knew history before you were born will keep saying it as it is. No amount of revisionism can exonerate your tribe for the damage you have caused the country.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by mrvitalis(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pakute:

I'm not a sentimental goat like you guys. Go & check the amount in billions of dollars that BOI gave to innoson for his start up, how many Nigerians had access to such?. Coscharis like Dangote was given the Monopoly for car spare parts imports & assembly.
Orange drugs had the same license to import pharmaceutical products through out the country. You dimwits complain about Dangote enjoying monopoly whereas ibo business men have been beneficiaries at some point yet nobody made a noise about it.
LMAO this one thinks innoson started with innoson cars ... LMAO innoson was already a big billoniares before innoson cars ... machine spare parts , plastic , motor bike just to name a few are what have innoson his money

Coscharis was given what ? Obviously u don't know Jack about him

Orange drugs was given what ,? ...as anyone who works in npa we igbos pay the most per import but we no send and you n your brothers go pay for am last last
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by gidgiddy: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pakute:

You can keep burying your head in sand because of the shameful history of your forefathers but those who knew history before you were born will keep saying it as it is. No amount of revisionism can exonerate your tribe for the damage you have caused the country.

You dont have to revise anything, do a little bit of research instead of believing anything you are told. The internet has made things much easier
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Idiko1: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pakute:

Little fláthead, can you tell us how Fajuyi died?
Moreso, you're so dumb to think that the dismissal of succession clause was an option of minority vs majority votes.
I have always said that you guys are only capable of thinking like a goat. What manner of an idiot thinks that the Independence constitution was as a result of three people in a room casting their votes for or against. You think you can exonerate your dumbhead forefather, Azikiwe who DEBATED and CONVINCED the British Authorities never to approve of succession clause into the Constitution. The greed Azikiwe sowed years back, you, his offsprings are all reaping now.

Big oblong head, the bolded is one of the reasons you roam around Lagos streets without a job. Of course, Fajuiyi was shot by the mutinous soldiers from northern region of Nigeria. My post never remotely indicated dismissal of any clause if even there was such a nonsensical instance during the constitutional conferences toward granting independence to Nigeria. Only a fool will remotely believe that one person in Azikwe will debate against eminent Nigerians who attended the conferences and singlehandedly convinced the British colonialists who did not even liked Azikwe to disapprove the inclusion of secession into Nigerian constitution. The manner which you write indicated you have comprehension issue.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Idiko1: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pakute:

A person with good social order does not use acronym in a debate.
Re: Reno Omokri: Igbo People Don't Accept History That Doesn't Massage Their Ego by Uyi168: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
When you are not singing their praises, they will distance themselves from you and from afar, start pouring insults on you.

you need to see the way the cheer Reno whenever he's taking on the northerners, or the yorubas.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties / Lagos 2015: Igbos' Open Support For Jimi Agbaje Will Ruin His Chances / Relocate Head Offices Of Oil Companies To Niger Delta Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.