Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly (35543 Views)

Lagos: Commercial Bus Operators Defy Sanwo-olu, Oluomo’s Order On Fare Reduction / Police CSP Defies Governor Sanwo-Olu's Order To Vacate Magodo Estate (Video) / ₦19 Billion Fraud: Stella Oduah's Trail Stalled By Malami’s Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by aviara: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
The governor has no business trying to stop a supreme court judgement and order. What example is he trying to set. Baby governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by jneutron4000: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
somehow:

Compare apples with apples.

State government invited the army to the toll, don't let them deceive you.
State government can only invite in the event of break down of law and order beyond police capacity. Let say the governor invited them to come calm situation, now will you blame the governor for the nonsense the military did, knowing fully well that it is only the commander in chief of armed forces and the Military Commandant that can give orders to the military. Gullible Nigerians allowed pdp to used them,,now instead of facing the direct source of the order, they completely turned to Lagos state government, some F@@ls even took it further by blaming Tinubu. Every Nigerians pretended they no understand the kind constitution we dey operate
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by chloride6: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
jackcanfield:
Number 1 The land does not belong to the Federal Government but if it is, someone please educate me
Number 2 It is becoming rampant in Lagos especially to be having family court cases after land had been sold and rights giving off
Number 3 What is the use of the C of O signed by the governor covering a 99 year right to it's citizen , if a court of law can usurp those rights
Number 4 This is an issue that involves overwhelming public interest as well as how it would affect future investment in the state
Number 5 I need an input on how and why the Attorney General is involve in a purely private matter
Number 6 I don't know if parties cannot be settle amicably , then there should be some form of executive order to put order in place.

It's not a private matter, there is a supreme court judgement asking the present occupants to vacate the plots of land.

I suggest you research the details so you can get an in-depth background. You'll see that this is clearly a win for the law and for the ordinary man on the street..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by chloride6: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
aviara:
The governor has no business trying to stop a supreme court judgement and order. What example is he trying to set. Baby governor.

I tire ooh.

He went to rubbish himself.

He still has plenty ammunition in his arsenal to use but he resorted to intimidation instead..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Munamoqel: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
rikithor:

Who are the ligitigants?
Did you not read where the governor said it was a case between private citizen and Lagos State?
In enforcing supreme Court Justice,do you need office of the AGF and IG to? It yes,will still ignore a state's Chief security officer,at least,for his(governor's)
information?
Lawless imposters as leaders leading unrefined minds.
hear your self a case between Lagos State and a private citizen taking to supreme Court of Nigeria .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by jneutron4000: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Lie lie, the army can't move unless you invite them, if they persist take them to court. Femi Kayode did that 2014. Wike did something similar to that during covid lock down when he stopped foreign workers working at the oil company from entering the state. Wike limited them only to the air port which is own by FG. You can exonerate the Lagos State governor from Lekki toll gate saga.
Keep quiet, did Seyi Makinde invited the Army before they came for the rogue operation they carried out in Sunday Igboho's house? Seyi Makinde was so disappointed that in the SW governor's meeting he voiced out the disappointment that why will they come to the state to carry out operations without telling him as the chief security officer of the state. What about this one wey dey see now, police they obey Order from Abuja against the state government own, why we like to dey shy away from truth
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by JaroMan: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
miqos02:
can a governor overturn the ruling of the supreme court?
No. And he didn't attempt to overturn the the ruling.
He only tried to intervene in the empasse between the residents and the police which if left to fester could result in life lost.
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Munamoqel: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
jackcanfield:
Number 1 The land does not belong to the Federal Government but if it is, someone please educate me
Number 2 It is becoming rampant in Lagos especially to be having family court cases after land had been sold and rights giving off
Number 3 What is the use of the C of O signed by the governor covering a 99 year right to it's citizen , if a court of law can usurp those rights
Number 4 This is an issue that involves overwhelming public interest as well as how it would affect future investment in the state
Number 5 I need an input on how and why the Attorney General is involve in a purely private matter
Number 6 I don't know if parties cannot be settle amicably , then there should be some form of executive order to put order in place.
good but why didn't present all this facts to the supreme Court? Nairaland S .A.N

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Zenithpeak(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
chloride6:

We are not talking about an Ajimobi case, we are talking about Magodo Case which has been adjudicated upon by the supreme court.

Let's not digress unnecessarily.

A clever person won't see that as unnecessary digression.

If truly they are enforcing the supreme court judgement, why were they not enforcing supreme court judgements against Buhari Why only in Magodo If not for a vested interest.
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by chloride6: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
Zenithpeak:

A clever person won't see that as unnecessary digression.

If truly they are enforcing the supreme court judgement, why were they not enforcing supreme court judgements against Buhari Why only in Magodo If not for a vested interest.

You may not be aware but this judgement has been handed down for almost 10 years..

You can't prove your assertion of vested interest but what is undisputable is that there is a supreme court judgement on the matter.

That is the only FACT here. Everything else is pure conjecture.

3 Likes

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by meccuno: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2022
kayusely70:
Historically the igbos are known for hobnobbing with the north since the days of nnamdi azikwe. You should be ashamed of your sordid past and even the stinking present!
This man would say otherwise. grin

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
Munamoqel:
good but why didn't present all this facts to the supreme Court? Nairaland S .A.N
Very funny , I am not negating the fact that they won in the Supreme Court, I am only saying parties should come to the table and reach an amicable settlement... abi you want the Minister of Works to be homeless ni
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
chloride6:

It's not a private matter, there is a supreme court judgement asking the present occupants to vacate the plots of land.

I suggest you research the details so you can get an in-depth background. You'll see that this is clearly a win for the law and for the ordinary man on the street..

Okay they are enforcing the Supreme court judgement but you should understand that the Governor also have overwhelming powers , in any case they would still need the state , so it is better they listen to the Governor, he might even be generous to allocate some premium land to them in another part of the state, rather than resort to destroying assets in this Buhari's economy that the government is managing resource and paying debts
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by humberjade: 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2022
masseratti:

By the way The Governor should have known better and called the IG directly rather than tell the CSP not to follow his boss order... Plus is the Gov trying to disobey the Supreme Court Judgement?

Exactly an example my point. None of them knows the limit of his power and authority.

I agree that the benefits outweigh the downsides, but still, I am just afraid of the abuse of power on political foes and even the masses.
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Freebills12: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
jneutron4000:
Keep quiet, did Seyi Makinde invited the Army before they came for the rogue operation they carried out in Sunday Igboho's house? Seyi Makinde was so disappointed that in the SW governor's meeting he voiced out the disappointment that why will they come to the state to carry out operations without telling him as the chief security officer of the state. What about this one wey dey see now, police they obey Order from Abuja against the state government own, why we like to dey shy away from truth

Why do we Nigerians always lie in order to protect these politicians? You know vividly that the governor of Lagos state was fully aware that soldiers will be involved in Lekki saga. Even, Brig. Gen. Ahmed Ibrahim Taiwo of 81 Division Intelligence Brigade while appearing before the Lagos Judicial Panel in November 2020 alleged that Sanwo-Olu called on the military for support on October 20, after the #EndSARS crisis degenerated into chaos.

I know that I mentioned that soldiers won't operate without governor's request but in order to prove a point you now posited that soldiers invaded Igboho's house, my friend there is a great difference between DSS and soldiers. DSS don't need to inform a governor before making an arrest provided they have court warrant. Soldiers are not police, don't call blue black
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by lhurd: 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2022
Disrespecting a whole Governor. But it can't happen in Kano, sokoto, zamfara, Kaduna or kastina...anyway, APC, shey una don see.. tinubu, well-done.
dre11:

https://punchng.com/breaking-police-csp-deployed-to-magodo-by-malami-igp-defy-sanwo-olu-openly/

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by humberjade: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
faste:
You are one of those who does not want Nigeria to move forward!!

Really?!....whether I support it or not, what will be will be.

I will prefer regional governance and policing, although State governments will still have some influence over them and their activities, but it won't be as total as State policing.

I mean, governors have already under their thumbs tiers and arms of govt, imagine now empowering them fully.
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by desgiezd(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
Y
kingphilip:
Lesser power go bow las las.

Is it that the state government didn't follow due process to acquire the land before turning the place to GRA or what?

Or has the state government become land grabbers too?

Long ago, the state government asked Shangisha people to donate the land for the construction of a big hospital and the people obliged and donated the land. One way or the other, government did not build the hospital and the land was sold to private individuals who now built houses on the land.
The Shangisha people went to court and the matter was eventually decided by the Supreme Court in favor of Shangisha people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Munamoqel: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
jackcanfield:

Very funny , I am not negating the fact that they won in the Supreme Court, I am only saying parties should come to the table and reach an amicable settlement... abi you want the Minister of Works to be homeless ni
the Lagos State pension provides for house in Abuja and Lagos for him
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by MikkySexy23(m): 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2022
rikithor:
For the umpteenth time,FG led by Buhari assisted by Malami are lawless,no regards forlaws,rules,customs, APC governor babajide a non lawyer has once educated the bandits SAN n terrorist AGF of common Sense law.
As usual,they AGF,Buhari,IGP after this open disgrace won't swallow pride and apologize openly,they will carry on as if nothing ill has happened.
The order "disengage"! Sweet me ehn
Na so I go dey command any one I jam for road wey he do anyhow to disengage.
Learn how to drive better, driving license and vehicle papers processing.
driving mentoring services available,see contacts below.

Disengage�

This Magodo issue is a LEGAL issue. People are only getting EMOTIONAL about it.
The Supreme Court has given back the lands back to its original owners because Lagos State has been asked to give back to them their plots (or a commensurate).. this is LEGAL

Now, Lagos State doesn't have a commensurate anywhere that has the same value as the lands in Magodo. Note, that they gave them lands in Ikorodu or wherever! So, the owners of the plots now decided that since they have a judgement, they can as well take back their plots.
This is where people get EMOTIONAL, for all these residents, how do they carry their houses and leave the plots??

As for the Governor, he shouldn't have been there! That way, you can deny a lot of things.

As for the CSP, that's a good job. A Uniform man ONLY reports to his superiors or the President!!!
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by mechanics(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hmmmmm, who is even CSP when governor is talking, he should have called his superior to notify the presence of the governor, not him telling the governor to call IGP.
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Munamoqel:
the Lagos State pension provides for house in Abuja and Lagos for him
lol okay o
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by jneutron4000: 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
[s]
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Why do we Nigerians always lie in order to protect these politicians? You know vividly that the governor of Lagos state was fully aware that soldiers will be involved in Lekki saga. Even, Brig. Gen. Ahmed Ibrahim Taiwo of 81 Division Intelligence Brigade while appearing before the Lagos Judicial Panel in November 2020 alleged that Sanwo-Olu called on the military for support on October 20, after the #EndSARS crisis degenerated into chaos.

I know that I mentioned that soldiers won't operate without governor's request but in order to prove a point you now posited that soldiers invaded Igboho's house, my friend there is a great difference between DSS and soldiers. DSS don't need to inform a governor before making an arrest provided they have court warrant. Soldiers are not police, don't call blue black
[/s]You still have no point, all what you are trying to prove, this case with what the police displayed at Magodo today has defeated your argument. If you are honest with yourself, you will know that the right source to blame for whatever the Military is doing is Abuja and the Military head quarters or barracks, you blaming governors that has no constitutional authority to control or order Military is just you being hypocrites. If you want to be honest with yourself, go and watch how Westerners do their protest, they face the source directly, if police misbehave, they take their protest straight to police stations, you wouldn't see them going after the MPs, if parliaments is enacting any law they do not like, they take protest to the city centre or straight to the parliament, you would see them going after other things but we Africans instead to face the problem from the source, it is always magomago.
Military carried out bad Operation in Lagos state, we blame Sanwolu, Military carried out bad operation in River state, we blame Wike, Military carried out back operation in Edo, we should blame Obaseki, if military carried out bad operation in Benue state, we should blame Ortom, so we should keep blaming the governors knowing fully well they have no constitutional authority to order the military, since we misplaced our priorities blaming the governors instead of the Military Commandant and the Commander in chief of armed forces, well military men will keep carrying out their operations in different states since it is only the governor of that state that will be blamed, we Africans have long way to go o.
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by aaking(m): 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
JaroMan:

Can a governor pardon a prisoner? Yes. That means he has keys to the prison and can open to anyone he will.
Can governor arrest a criminal? Yes. That means he is backed by law to police his state.
This simply means that a governor can order police around. Yes, he is backed by law.
Reason: the constitution says governors are chief security officer of their states.
If the governor instructs the CSP to call his superior about his order.
The CSP should have called the CP who will then call IGP.
This is the procedure.
But Nigeria is a banana republic.

Buhari has change it to only the federal might can control the police not the other way round
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by BlackFlamefromP: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
At the present state of our evolution as a people, it is better, for Nigeria's unity, that the federal government be the only one with a legitimate monopoly of violence! Meaning, the only one who should be in control of the Armed Forces, the police and any other armed agency the law recognizes. Even Though the FG do abuse its power from time to time it's still better for Nigeria's unity that the FG has a monopoly of violence.

Without having to blow long grammar, I believe anybody with a good brain can see what would happen if state governments start having their own police force or any armed agency for that matter! The abuse of power would be unimaginable.

austinvsb:

And the federal government isn't already using its sole control of the armed forces to brutally impose it's will?? At least the governors are closer to their constituents and therefore can be directly held responsible for any abuse of power.

No be all this one wey person wen no fit even speak your native language dey try carry out justice.

Madness!
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by iswallker(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
Fasindo:
shocked

It's the IG that should contact Sanwo.

Last year(2021) we started the year with Paternity Fraud, this year we are starting with Magodo estate vs Nigerian Police, and through out 2021 there was paternity Fraud casess everywhere, surely there will be more estate issues with police throughout the year.

But I hope Malami, IG of police that are all from north won't hold claim of the estate and end up making it a northern residents.

But I hope Malami won't deny this the way he denied those that invaded Justice Mary Odili home.

Supreme Court ruled that land shoukd be handed to the original owners in Magodo - LASG is yet to comply - that's why malami and the igp sent men to enforce a Supreme Court order

This is not about giving land to abokis

By the way the LASG during iyinloka tenure siezed land from thier owners and started selling to their friends and cronies

Sanwo Olu is obstructing justice by interfering

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by austinvsb: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
BlackFlamefromP:
At the present state of our evolution as a people, it is better, for Nigeria's unity, that the federal government be the only one with a legitimate monopoly of violence! Meaning, the only one who should be in control of the Armed Forces, the police and any other armed agency the law recognizes. Even Though the FG do abuse its power from time to time it's still better for Nigeria's unity that the FG has a monopoly of violence.

Without having to blow long grammar, I believe anybody with a good brain can see what would happen if state governments start having their own police force or any armed agency for that matter! The abuse of power would be unimaginable.

Your post is filled with projections of what may be. ZERO sound arguments for why state Police will lead to the imaginations in your head.

Present cogent reasons why governors of States can't be in charge of the security of their constituents as seen in other sane climes... You aren't talking with 12-year olds here, so stop trying to manipulate with fear of 'what-will-be' like a fake pastor.
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by iswallker(m): 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dollarseeker:
you see why state police is very important. How can a police man be disregarding the order of the governor.

State police will reduce police brutality, Fulani herdsmen menace and federal government sponsored killings in a state.

Nigerians should clamour for the establishment of state police controlled by the governors and not a federal authority.

But you think a governor should disregard a Supreme Court order that says that land should be given to the jugmdhnent creditors I.e the original owners of the Magodo land nkt in Ibeju Lekki or Badagry but given to them in Magodo

In your opinion now - governor will use state police to scuttle a Supreme Court judgment

I laugh. grin
Re: Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly by Gireiboy(m): 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

You are nothing but a toothless bulldog, ordinary KANU without political power sacked all the Fulanis with their federal government might out of South East. Wike raised the issue of VAT the whole North started singing be your brothers keeper.
Toothless bulldog you say grin wonders never cease, besides where is these 'Kanu' now currently grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Passengers Kidnapped From 18-Seater Bus On Kogi-Abuja Highway / Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike / FG Begins Construction Of Benin-Auchi-Okene Road (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.