Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Forgive My Husband For Killing My Son, Woman Tells Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Forgive My Husband For Killing My Son, Woman Tells Court (1233 Views)

Wife Pours Hot Water On Husband For Denying Her Sex For 3 Weeks (photo) / My Husband Fondles Our 19-year-old Daughter’s Breasts – Woman Tells Court / 'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgive My Husband For Killing My Son, Woman Tells Court by Babasessy(m): 6:55am On Jun 17, 2011
Forgive my husband for killing my son, woman tells court

A strange occurrence took place before Justice Bisi Akinlade of an Ikeja High Court yesterday as a woman, Mrs Mercy Friday, interrupted the court proceedings and begged the court to stop the trial of her husband who is standing trial for killing their son, Master Michael Friday.

The woman’s husband, Obot Friday, is facing a one-count charge of manslaughter before Justice Akinlade, having been accused of killing his own 11-year old son, Michael Friday, on September 12, 2001 At the resumed hearing of the proceedings, the prosecutor, Mrs Mariam Olaniyi, told the court that the Investigative Police Officer was absent and asked for a short adjournment. The judge was on the verge of adjourning the matter as it became clear that the matter would not go on before the woman signaled to the judge and started to plead in passionate tone. Mercy told the court that she was the complainant in the case and that the defendant was her husband.

She said she would suffer if her husband is made to face the wrath of the law. Amidst tears she said `He is my husband and the father of my only surviving child. If he is sent to prison, I will not be able to cope. So I am begging you to stop this trial because I am no longer interested in this matter’ The judge who first of all reprimanded her for interrupting the proceedings then explained the situation to her. The judge said that this was not the issue before the court now because the trial has already commenced. Justice Akinlade said: ``the matter is now between the state and your husband. When the case was called up, it was the People of Lagos State versus Friday Obot. ``However, even though you were an eye witness, I will not compel you to give evidence because you are his wife.” She advised the woman to liaise with the prosecution to see how the matter could be resolved as she has shown with her conduct she would not want to testify against her husband.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/community-mirror/14303.html
Re: Forgive My Husband For Killing My Son, Woman Tells Court by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2011
how did the child died? was it an accident or premeditated murder?
this woman is clearly not thinking with her damn head, the fact that she will struggle without a husband is irrelevant, especially if she has another child to "protect".
Re: Forgive My Husband For Killing My Son, Woman Tells Court by Outstrip(f): 1:02am On Jun 20, 2011
The woman should be arrested. I am pretty sure that a woman that will make such a plea saw the husband potentially harming the child and did nothing to keep her husband. What happened to a mothers love

(1) (Reply)

Hubby Shows Wifes Pay Slip To His Friend For Verification / Are Some Children Just Born Bad? / Is It Ever Possible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.