Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) (31167 Views)

Savings With KOLO: I Started In January But Gave Up Along The Line. Here's Why- / How Elon Musk Began His Journey Of Buying Twitter (throwback Photo) / See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by mrksquare: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2022
GRAMMARJAMES:
Good Morning Nairalanders...

Happy New Year to you all.

So, i just purchased my ''KOLO'' today 5.1.2022 and i'm gonna be saving in it till December 10 2022. (So help me God).

I Know this wont be easy because of the country's situation but i can do it, i've done it before during the time of Covid (though break it after 7 months). grin (Hunger kill pass Covid abeg).

I have thrown the keys inside the KOLO itself to avoid every spirit of temptation. I'm a civil Servant who also has (2) side hustles (Dog Breeder) & Club HypeMAN.

May the spirit of SAPA never locate my way, May the SLAY queens never see me, may the SHAYO friends never see road to my house. May the spirit of Dorime never sing in my head. so help me God I pray.. (Amen)

I will keep you posted by revisiting this topic come December 2022.

Lets all cultivate the habit of saving.

Thank You.

Lol!! Pls what is the meaning of SAPA?

1 Like

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by errigdee: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2022
better get sense make em nor kon visit you
na mouth dey put some pipu for trouble
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2022
errigdee:
better get sense make em nor kon visit you

na mouth dey put some pipu for trouble

Oga. you sabi me?
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2022
mrksquare:

Lol!! Pls what is the meaning of SAPA?

go and ask Dbanj or Jesse Jags or Adams oshomole
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Sirmuel1(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2022
obyrich:
Do you earn income daily?

No , but I'll make sure I drop 1k everyday. I may do it weekly or monthly, after I calculate how much I owe
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by NoLotty7(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
More grace .

1 Like

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by addren1(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
A very nice mindset but in my opinion investing is actually better than saving because even if you saved all till next with the rising cost of things in this country.it will never be enough.I highly recommend you learn a digital skill like freelancing, copywriting or email marketing because they're high in demand and I noticed you said you were a civil servant.Although am presently into digital marketing.i can walk you through the process of you're interested.you can check my signature for my contact details.
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by mbahdi(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2022
U nvr serious to save.something u supposed give dem agbede make dem carry light stich back u go carry key lock am.make matter hold u wellu u no go know wen u give am size four hammer

2 Likes

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by judondasylva(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2022
Good one, me I want to Start my own savings this year.

Buy YouTube views, subscribers, likes and comments. Blog comments, likes, views and clicks. Instagram followers, likes, comments, engagement. Facebook ads management and others just send a dm
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by money121(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2022
GRAMMARJAMES:

So, i just purchased my ''KOLO'' today 5.1.2022 and i'm gonna be saving in it till December 10 2022. (So help me God).

I Know this wont be easy because of the country's situation but i can do it, i've done it before during the time of Covid (though break it after 7 months). grin (Hunger kill pass Covid abeg).

I have thrown the keys inside the KOLO itself to avoid every spirit of temptation. I'm a civil Servant who also has (2) side hustles (Dog Breeder) & Club HypeMAN.

May the spirit of SAPA never locate my way, May the SLAY queens never see me, may the SHAYO friends never see road to my house. May the spirit of Dorime never sing in my head. so help me God I pray.. (Amen)

Thank You.
So help us God oo

1 Like

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Divoc19(f): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2022
Chai!
Well, I know someone whose kolo's money was used for his burial. His family was happy they didn't have to sort for money.
Alasotele:
If you answer heaven's call this year, who go enjoy the money. Better enjoy the money
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by contra(m): 11:57am On Jan 05, 2022
Good mindset.

But there are better ways to save than the kolo method. You're losing about 2% of the money's value every month to inflation. In December, you'll lose close to 30%.

If you put the money in a money mutual funds, you'll earn some interest to reduce the inflation impact.

Google how to save money with interests. Don't fall for the high interest yielding MMM type of investment or savings app/website.

Again, good plan but crude.

1 Like

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Adenike775(f): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2022
I have started too.. so help me God

2 Likes

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Richy419: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2022
Am getting mine today all those excess bottle coke and Fanta I will save them need to cut down on.ky sugar intake

1 Like

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Richy419: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2022
Am getting mine today all those excess bottle coke and Fanta I will save them need to cut down on my sugar intake

2 Likes

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by MansoryMX(m): 11:59am On Jan 05, 2022
Sirmuel1:
I'll join you.

Even if na daily 1000, I will do it.

It's 5th of January, I think I owe my kolo 5k already.

Hahahahahahahahaha cheesy

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by yinkeys(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sirmuel1:
I'll join you.

Even if na daily 1000, I will do it.

It's 5th of January, I think I owe my kolo 5k already.
Basic economics
What if $1 = 1000 naira on the 5th January 2023?
Right now $1 approximately 600 naira
Saving in a piggy bank doesn’t account for inflation rate.
Your money’s buying power will reduce.
Not discouraging you but it’s best to invest in something than to save
Except you simply want to keep money aside to test your discipline or for future expenses.
I guess I’d join you too lol.
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by jeff1607(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
Scissors is the key
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Nicepoker(m): 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
GRAMMARJAMES:

Please explain o. i don't understand
The value of the currency drops daily and you are saving inside kolo. grin
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Snitch24(m): 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
As per watin dey sup now for this country this method of saving is no longer advisable for a longer period
Set ur target once it's met be a goal getta
Our economy is crumbling
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by seyz91(m): 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
cheesy
Esseite:
Remember when I did this then.. the hunger got to a point i was removing my money with pin and broomstick..

Everyone was encouraging me with "your kolo is heavy ooo".. deep down I knew it was the heavy wood used in making the kolo..
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by yinkeys(m): 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
jeff1607:
Scissors is the key
Kindly explain

1 Like

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by 77up(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
Can't go this lane grin
Non-interest cooperative is bae kiss
Save and collect double cool
Invest and return repayment on monthly basis.
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Mcpe: 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2022
My seven years old sister bought her kolo before the 2021 runs out.
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by JBoss25(m): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
saaron:
This method of saving is not economical given the rate of inflation and worthlessness of the naira no thanks to Buhari's fulani regime. Save your money by investing wisely in stocks or Cryptocurrencies.
You think say u wise

1 Like

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by fineboynl(m): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
GRAMMARJAMES:

Thank You.
too local. There is digital savings online platform where you won't be able to withdraw from it. This one is not safe as it can be stolen or demage to fire. Or you might brake it midway. Use online saving platform. There are piggyvest, alat, opay e.t.c

Beside inflation stand at 40% last year. This year will be worst.

2 Likes

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by lkillbrokehoes: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
GRAMMARJAMES:

Thank You.
Please stay away from those greedy and entitled Nigerian girls for now.

2 Likes

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by ibechris(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
BigSarah:
I hate Saving, the way my money comes I spend...

I don't envision Life long Commitments, those are distractions

U cant make it if u don't save to invest.
The rich people here and around the world have all found out that,saving is power and can turn around their situation.

2 Likes

Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Vinnie2000(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
phemmyfour:
I don't need kolo to save money when you are disciplined financially

My brother..
If u have that money in a Bank Acc, you can easily give it out! sad

Like me, my brother last wk said his Landlord was embarrassing him over Rents and bills. That I should lend him 15K.
Thru Mobile transfer, I sent him!

If nah Kolo, I go fit send the money ? sad cheesy

So despite some shortcomings, it is a great savings style! smiley
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Dshocker(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
GRAMMARJAMES:

Thank You.

It looks like one alfa constructed this one safe box
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by BigSarah(f): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
ibechris:

U cant make it if u don't save to invest.
The rich people here and around the world have all found out that,saving is power and can turn around their situation.

Not everyone wants to be rich
Re: Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) by Vinnie2000(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
Nicepoker:
The value of the currency drops daily and you are saving inside kolo. grin

All of you capping about inflation and currency drop..What's ur problem? undecided

We are affected, kolo, Banks, piggyvest or whatever!
As long as you buy food, Data, clothes, etc, Inflation is affecting you! sad

U pple should stop discouraging others! undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My ATM Card Was Stolen And Money Was Withdrawn Within Hours - Advice Needed. / BVN Deadline: See The Long Queue At Unity Bank Auchi For Bank Verification NO. / 5 Ways To Identify Fake Currency Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.