Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? (1235 Views)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / 10 Times God Did The Impossible In The Bible / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

1 Kings 18:42 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but EliYah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

Does anyone know why EliYah the prophet of God Almighty did what he did in the italicized portion of the quoted Scripture?

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 11:00am On Jan 05, 2022
He went to pray like us Muslims!

Elated177

New Living Translation
So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2022
It's a worship position.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 11:09am On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Elated177

New Living Translation
So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah 'climbed' to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees.
Lol.You didn't say he also 'climbed' the mountain like a Muslim.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 11:16am On Jan 05, 2022
thorpido:
Lol.You didn't say he also 'climbed' the mountain like a Muslim.

Mountain are secluded places that encourage concentration!

Is your Church built on the mountain? And was he clapping, singing and dancing there?

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

2. Abram: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)

3. Abraham:"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)

4. Moses: "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:cool

5. Moses & Aaron:“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)

6. Moses & Aaron:"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)

7. Ezra and his People: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)

8. Joshua: "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

9. A Prophet: "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:cool

10 Jehoshaphat: "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)

11. A Prophet:"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by mountmoriah(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2022
Oh God u are great
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Elated177

New Living Translation
So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees.

At this your age you're still disgracing islam, nawa 4u..

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Mountain are secluded places that encourage concentration!

Is your Church built on the mountain? And was he clapping, singing and dancing there?

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

2. Abram: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)

3. Abraham:"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)

4. Moses: "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:cool

5. Moses & Aaron:“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)

6. Moses & Aaron:"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)

7. Ezra and his People: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)

8. Joshua: "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

9. A Prophet: "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:cool

10 Jehoshaphat: "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)

11. A Prophet:"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)
Lol @ you quoting scriptures.Libraries are quiet places filled with information.The library must have been Muslim inspired then. grin
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2022
thorpido:
Lol @ you quoting scriptures.Libraries are quiet places filled with information.The libraryust have been Muslim inspired then. grin

How logical is this to you?

See where those people above worshipped like us. Those places are clean secluded places that encourage concentration!

No be only library! Na museum!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

How logical is this to you?

See where those people above worshipped like us. Those places are clean secluded places that encourage concentration!

No be only library! Na museum!
Not everyone bows.
When Solomon had finished praying this entire prayer and supplication to the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread toward heaven. 1Kings 8:54

Can you see Solomon's prayer position?You can kneel or bow or even prostrate in prayer!
It's not so much about the position anyway,it's about the state of your heart.
Religion can give you a position but there's a higher life than religion.It's a relationship,a fellowship.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Elated177

New Living Translation

You really think so?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
thorpido:
It's a worship position.

Are you sure?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
elated177:

Are you sure?
Yes ........ being in obeisance.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by CannibalTorment: 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Elated177

New Living Translation
Does Muslims put their faces between their knees to pray? you sound like someone without understanding, is their no difference between the above and the below, can you put your face between your knees with the second posture

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2022
thorpido:
Yes ........ being in obeisance.

If that is the case, why did he do the following?

1 Kings 18: 43 “Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked. “There is nothing there,” he said.
Seven times EliYah said, “Go back.”
44 The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.” So EliYah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’”
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2022
Cannib.alTorment:
Does Muslims put their faces between their knees to pray? you sound like someone without understanding, is their no difference between the above and the below, can you put your face between your knees with the second posture

AntiChristian see your life outside, grin bobo you need Montesori education
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
elated177:

If that is the case, why did he do the following?

1 Kings 18: 43 “Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked. “There is nothing there,” he said.
Seven times EliYah said, “Go back.”
44 The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.” So EliYah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’”
He had been praying and waited for an answer from God.When he told his servant to look and the servant reported that he saw a cloud like a hand,he knew his prayer was answered.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
CannibalTorment:

How is this bowing low to the ground?

Was that to the ground?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
elated177:

You really think so?

Of cos I do!

It's similar!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
thorpido:
Not everyone bows.
When Solomon had finished praying this entire prayer and supplication to the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread toward heaven. 1Kings 8:54

Can you see Solomon's prayer position?You can kneel or bow or even prostrate in prayer!
It's not so much about the position anyway,it's about the state of your heart.
Religion can give you a position but there's a higher life than religion.It's a relationship,a fellowship.

Where is fellowship and relationship mentioned in your Bible?

You can give us the reference for it! All this theory una dey carry about ehn!

If it's not so much about the position we won't see many Prophets including Jesus doing such for their Lord in prayer.

They all could have sang, danced, clapped or just recite the lord's prayer but they didn't!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by CannibalTorment: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

How is this bowing low to the ground?

Was that to the ground?
Did you submit your brain to your imam?

How will you pray in a Muslim way and have your face between your knees, is it practicable?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Of cos I do!

It's similar!

I wasn't expecting you to tie your religion and pattern of praying to the question. You should have just answered the question without the comparison. However, since you have made the comparison, I thought your forehead touches the ground when you bow? The Scripture quoted did not say EliYah's forehead touched the ground. What have you to say to that?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2022
thorpido:

He had been praying and waited for an answer from God.

This assertion is purely a conjecture.

thorpido:

When he told his servant to look and the servant reported that he saw a cloud like a hand,he knew his prayer was answered.

Which he didn't do here:

1 Kings 18: 36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet EliYah stepped forward and prayed: “YHVH, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, YHVH, answer me, so these people will know that you, YHVH, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
elated177:

This assertion is purely a conjecture.

So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees.1 Samuel 18:42
That scripture says he prayed.How is that a conjecture?When you pray, don't you expect an answer?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where is fellowship and relationship mentioned in your Bible?

You can give us the reference for it! All this theory una dey carry about ehn!
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.1 John 1:3

If it's not so much about the position we won't see many Prophets including Jesus doing such for their Lord in prayer.

They all could have sang, danced, clapped or just recite the lord's prayer but they didn't!
And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.Mark 14:26
Jesus sang hymn with his disciples.There is a place for everything.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
thorpido:

So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees.1 Samuel 18:42
That scripture says he prayed.How is that a conjecture?

Are you serious?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.1 John 1:3

And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.Mark 14:26
Jesus sang hymn with his disciples.There is a place for everything.

This is great. John said something about fellowship up there not Jesus. Show us where Jesus said that. Not John or Paul.

And yes Jesus sung hymn once in the entire Bible that's why you Christians turn your churches to a Sunday-Sunday party!

Jesus prayed alone several times. He put his face on the ground and worshipped his Lord. Where is this in Christianity?

Jesus even gave you the lord's prayer which has been relegated mostly by many!

When the rich man came to meet Jesus asking for eternal life what was Jesus response to him?

Why didn't he tell him he'll die for him later and that he should accept him as Lord and savior? The first thing Jesus said was to obey the commandments!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 7:46am On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

This is great. John said something about fellowship up there not Jesus. Show us where Jesus said that. Not John or Paul.

And yes Jesus sung hymn once in the entire Bible that's why you Christians turn your churches to a Sunday-Sunday party!

Jesus prayed alone several times. He put his face on the ground and worshipped his Lord. Where is this in Christianity?

Jesus even gave you the lord's prayer which has been relegated mostly by many!

When the rich man came to meet Jesus asking for eternal life what was Jesus response to him?

Why didn't he tell him he'll die for him later and that he should accept him as Lord and savior? The first thing Jesus said was to obey the commandments!
Lol @ your comments.
You need a deeper understanding of Scriptures.
The Light that lightens all men shall shine upon your heart.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 7:53am On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:
Lol @ your comments.
You need a deeper understanding of Scriptures.
The Light that lightens all men shall shine upon your heart.

This is always similar to what other Christians say when they have nothing else to type!

But try and answer the last questions holistically!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2022
elated177:

I wasn't expecting you to tie your religion and pattern of praying to the question. You should have just answered the question without the comparison. However, since you have made the comparison, I thought your forehead touches the ground when you bow? The Scripture quoted did not say EliYah's forehead touched the ground. What have you to say to that?

Actually that's the way they pray those days. I have given several references from the Bible up there showing about 10 people in a somewhat similar position. And you should also check the other translation i posted up there.

It's a prayer position similar to other prayer position mentioned above.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2022
CannibalTorment:
Did you submit your brain to your imam?

How will you pray in a Muslim way and have your face between your knees, is it practicable?

Yes, you submitted your brain to your daddy GO.

Yes. It is practicable!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

This is always similar to what other Christians say when they have nothing else to type!

But try and answer the last questions holistically!
I could break down all your comments and give you scriptures to explain but we probably will be going round in circles because of your stance(understanding).

You said Jesus didn't say but John/Paul.Mohammed never wrote the Quran It was said to be compiled by people who were with him.
You see I can also go on and on about why it was others who wrote the things you believe.
That's why I said the Light will shine upon your heart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Faith Healers and Miracle worker Will Pass Being Subjected To Scrutiny? / Please I Need A Bible Scholar To Answer Dis Question For Me!!! / Watch Out For Satan's Agents Around You Right Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.