Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? (1268 Views)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / 10 Times God Did The Impossible In The Bible / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:
I could break down all your comments and give you scriptures to explain but we probably will be going round in circles because of your stance(understanding).

You said Jesus didn't say but John/Paul.Mohammed never wrote the Quran It was said to be compiled by people who were with him.
You see I can also go on and on about why it was others who wrote the things you believe.
That's why I said the Light will shine upon your heart.

Muhammad recited the Qu'ran once every year and twice the last year he spent.

Many people in thousands memorised the entire Qu'ran during the Prophet's lifetime.
And till today millions still learn the Qu'ran by heart!

This is clear from authentic Islamic sources!

The people who wrote the Qu'ran were his companions! People who had memorised it in his lifetime. And it was compiled within the first few years after he died!

Compare this with your Bible.

Jesus never met Paul in real life. Saul who was anti-Jesus changed to Paul and then wrote about 60% of the new testament even more than all the remaining 11 disciples combined.

Mark was not a disciple.

Luke wrote Luke and Acts also wasn't a disciple.

Hebrew has no known author but some says it was written by Paul too.

Even Matthew was calling his own name when he me Jesus in Matthew!

Things don't add up! Just believe it in faith!
Ain't that Christianity?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

Muhammad recited the Qu'ran once every year and twice the last year he spent.

Many people in thousands memorised the entire Qu'ran during the Prophet's lifetime.
And till today millions still learn the Qu'ran by heart!

This is clear from authentic Islamic sources!

The people who wrote the Qu'ran were his companions! People who had memorised it in his lifetime. And it was compiled within the first few years after he died!

Compare this with your Bible.

Jesus never met Paul in real life. Saul who was anti-Jesus changed to Paul and then wrote about 60% of the new testament even more than all the remaining 11 disciples combined.

Mark was not a disciple.

Luke wrote Luke and Acts also wasn't a disciple.

Hebrew has no known author but some says it was written by Paul too.

Even Matthew was calling his own name when he me Jesus in Matthew!

Things don't add up! Just believe it in faith!
Ain't that Christianity?
Muhammed claimed to have seen Angel Gabriel.Can you provide proof it was Angel Gabriel he saw?
Muslims claim the Bible has been doctored.Okay,why does Allah not have an authentic copy of the Torah?He couldn't preserve one?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

Actually that's the way they pray those days. I have given several references from the Bible up there showing about 10 people in a somewhat similar position. And you should also check the other translation i posted up there.

It's a prayer position similar to other prayer position mentioned above.

I have heard you. You have made your own contribution to the question.

However, I don't think he was in a praying position. He prayed earlier and was not in that position.

Let us say, hypothetically, of course, that he was in a praying position, isn't there a difference between what is described in that portion of the Scripture and what you, antichristian, do when you pray? What do you think?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:

So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees.1 Samuel 18:42
That scripture says he prayed.How is that a conjecture?When you pray, don't you expect an answer?

I was expecting you to provide me with the version you quoted the above from.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 11:48am On Jan 06, 2022
It appears no one else here knows.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
elated177:

I was expecting you to provide me with the version you quoted the above from.
New Living Translation.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:
New Living Translation.

Out of all the popular versions, only NLT has the word "prayed". It might be an addition.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
elated177:

I have heard you. You have made your own contribution to the question.

However, I don't think he was in a praying position. He prayed earlier and was not in that position.

Let us say, hypothetically, of course, that he was in a praying position, isn't there a difference between what is described in that portion of the Scripture and what you, antichristian, do when you pray? What do you think?

I think it's not exactly the same but not too far off.

Bowing down close to the ground is what is similar there.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:
Muhammed claimed to have seen Angel Gabriel.Can you provide proof it was Angel Gabriel he saw?
The proof is the Qu'ran the final revelation revealed to an unlettered man!

Muslims claim the Bible has been doctored.Okay,why does Allah not have an authentic copy of the Torah?He couldn't preserve one?

The Torah was revealed to Moses for his people and after it served its purpose that's the end. It was never meant to be an Everlasting book. Allah never said he'll preserve them.

Likewise the injeel revealed to Jesus.
The original copy of the revelations to Jesus does not exist anymore and what exists today are only hearsays, opinions, etc of others.

The worst is that the people who wrote the Bible can't be verified today. The journey of each book can't be traced.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AllahIsGarbage: 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
It's a prayer position.

elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

1 Kings 18:42 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but EliYah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

Does anyone know why EliYah the prophet of God Almighty did what he did in the italicized portion of the quoted Scripture?

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

The proof is the Qu'ran the final revelation revealed to an unlettered man!

The Torah was revealed to Moses for his people and after it served its purpose that's the end. It was never meant to be an Everlasting book. Allah never said he'll preserve them.

Likewise the injeel revealed to Jesus.
The original copy of the revelations to Jesus does not exist anymore and what exists today are only hearsays, opinions, etc of others.

The worst is that the people who wrote the Bible can't be verified today. The journey of each book can't be traced.
Lol@ proof is the Quran........very escapist.
Why not book of budha as proof?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:
Lol@ proof is the Quran........very escapist.
Why not book of budha as proof?

Does the book of Buddha in any way supports the previous revelations and Prophets?

The Qu'ran does!

The last Prophet is Muhammad.
The religion is Islam!

Unlike Christ- Christianity
Buddha- Buddhism
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

I think it's not exactly the same but not too far off.

Bowing down close to the ground is what is similar there.

Let us just say you have no idea of what he was doing.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
AllahIsGarbage:
It's a prayer position.

Are you sure he was praying?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

Does the book of Buddha in any way supports the previous revelations and Prophets?

The Qu'ran does!

The last Prophet is Muhammad.
The religion is Islam!

Unlike Christ- Christianity
Buddha- Buddhism
The Quran caims to corroborate the Revelations of the prophets(there's a difference).
If you say your moniker is antichristian,I can call you that too.It doesn't mean I agree with you.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
elated177:

Let us just say you have no idea of what he was doing.

The verse said he was praying in that position.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
thorpido:
The Quran caims to corroborate the Revelations of the prophets(there's a difference).
If you say your moniker is antichristian,I can call you that too.It doesn't mean I agree with you.

I'm anti-christian because Christ never brought any religion called Christianity. Muhammad practiced and called the religion he practiced Islam.

Jesus's disciples called themselves Muslims in the Qu'ran.

Also Abraham, Moses, Noah and others.

So where does Christianity and Judaism come from in the Bible?

Probably from the powers of the world!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by thorpido(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

I'm anti-christian because Christ never brought any religion called Christianity. Muhammad practiced and called the religion he practiced Islam.

Jesus's disciples called themselves Muslims in the Qu'ran.

Also Abraham, Moses, Noah and others.

So where does Christianity and Judaism come from in the Bible?

Probably from the powers of the world!
Listen to yourself@bolded.
You said Jesus and his disciples called themselves Muslims in the Quran yet Jesus and the disciples had left the world before Muhammed ever came up with the Quran.
Does that make sense?

That is why I asked you for the original copy of the injeel and you said Allah could not keep any.
To claim somebody said something is not the same as the person saying it.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 5:34am On Jan 07, 2022
thorpido:
Listen to yourself@bolded.
You said Jesus and his disciples called themselves Muslims in the Quran yet Jesus and the disciples had left the world before Muhammed ever came up with the Quran.
Does that make sense?

Yes, revelations can be about the past, present or future. Did Jesus ever call himself Christian in the Bible? Never!

This makes sense!

That is why I asked you for the original copy of the injeel and you said Allah could not keep any.
To claim somebody said something is not the same as the person saying it.

The injeel revealed to Jesus was for his people of Israel and not for any other.
Just as the Torah was for Moses's people.

All of these have been replaced with the Qu'ran, the final revelation from Allah!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2022
AntiChristian:

The verse said he was praying in that position.

The verse never said anything of the sort.

What do you think Elisha did here?

2 Kings 4: 34 Then he got on the bed and lay on the boy, mouth to mouth, eyes to eyes, hands to hands. As he stretched himself out on him, the boy’s body grew warm. 35 Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on the bed and stretched out on him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes.
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 11:12am On Jan 08, 2022
elated177:

The verse never said anything of the sort.

What do you think Elisha did here?

2 Kings 4: 34 Then he got on the bed and lay on the boy, mouth to mouth, eyes to eyes, hands to hands. As he stretched himself out on him, the boy’s body grew warm. 35 Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on the bed and stretched out on him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes.

I think the context of that verse shows Elisha prayed before doing those actions!
Maybe he was trying to raise the dead boy!
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by Hisbah6: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2022
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

1 Kings 18:42 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but EliYah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

Does anyone know why EliYah the prophet of God Almighty did what he did in the italicized portion of the quoted Scripture?

Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by AntiChristian: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2022
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

The word translated to "bent down" here is (way·yiḡ·har) which can mean "to prostrate oneself".
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by TheElated177: 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
AntiChristian:

The word translated to "bent down" here is (way·yiḡ·har) which can mean "to prostrate oneself".

Bent down and prostrate do not mean the same thing, Lucas. You are Lucas, right?
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by TheElated177: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
AntiChristian:

I think the context of that verse shows Elisha prayed before doing those actions!
Maybe he was trying to raise the dead boy!

Yeah, he prayed before doing that.

2 Kings 4: . 33 He went in, shut the door on the two of them and prayed to YHVH.

Yap! Obviously, he did that to bring the boy back to life.

I think EliYah made the prayer here:

1 Kings 18: 36-37 36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet EliYah stepped forward and prayed: “YHVH, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, YHVH, answer me, so these people will know that you, YHVH, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
Re: Does Anyone Know Why EliYah, The Prophet Of The Most High God, Did This? by elated177: 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Still open.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion / Good Friday Miracle Night -The Event, The Message, The Campaign. / Woman Gives Birth To Fish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.