Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) (10301 Views)

How Conditional Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Selected / FG - Npower Beneficiaries are to recieve #50,000, minimum wage / How N10k Trader Moni Beneficiaries Are Recruited (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Omooba77: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2022
The National Coordinator, National Social Safety Nets Coordinating Office, Mr Apera Iorwa, has disclosed that women make up 98 per cent of the beneficiaries of the N5,000 monthly cash transfers to poor and vulnerable Nigerians.

He disclosed this in an exclusive interview with The PUNCH.

His agency, which is under the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, coordinates the National Social Safety Net Programme, which is designed to help tackle the issue of poverty in the country.

He said, “If you give the money to the woman of the house, you get fed. We do not decide for the family. The family will sit together and decide who should be the beneficiary, who should collect the N5,000 on behalf of the family. A good number of the family picks the wife to be the beneficiary. About 98 per cent of the beneficiaries are women on behalf of their families.”

He further gave examples of how women have used the money to make significant impacts within their communities.

“In Imo State, we have women, who have contributed out of this N5,000 to open leather bag making small factory, that supplies the leather products around the community and its environment, creating jobs for their youths, who will help them in either manufacturing the products or selling them

“We have success story in Kwara State where the government has now taken over the primary school, where women decided to open a primary school by building a three-room block to save their children from walking 15 miles to go to school.

“We also heard of the story of the women in Jigawa State that brought the money together and bought a car of N350,000 that is helping them to take women from their own village to the nearest hospital, reducing maternal and childbirth death,” he said.

He had earlier disclosed that the Federal Government had disbursed about $300m to the poor and vulnerable in its National Social Register through N5,000 cash transfers in four years.

https://punchng.com/98-of-cash-transfer-beneficiaries-are-women-fg/

1 Like

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Frestuffng: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2022
5k? May thunder fire that useless fg.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Omooba77: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2022
Frestuffng:
Ok

Lol......
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Frestuffng: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2022
Omooba77:

Lol......
no loud am

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2022
Frestuffng:
May thunder fire that useless fg.
The fantastically corrupt Buhari government can only deceive their zombies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by otokx(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2022
I never knew that invisible beings are 98% female.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by dedonfranco(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2022
98% of Nigerian Men are hustling for Women.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by TooMuchStuff: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2022
U mean HausafulaniKanuri Muslim women in the North? We southerners don't even know about it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Omooba77: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2022
2% bmc will not like this.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Sirmuel1(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2022
Woe to all simps cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by DropsMic(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2022
Wicked Gender

2 Likes

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Mko123(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2022
Wow!!!!! This is what you see When F.G decides to Join the ongoing Clitocurrency deal

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Mophor: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by BigDawsNet: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
wink If you want to change the world, do it while you’re single.

Once you’re married, you can’t even change the television channel embarassed

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by ShitHead(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
God will punish her!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by FalseProphet1(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
By next year only women will be operating bank account cos all the men would have successfully transferred their entire Money out of their account to female beneficiaries.

This I have seen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Sonnobax15(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
cool
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
Facts Bitches Are Broke but they will come out here and form nonsense Shingbain them no get.. Men have to wake up and understand that most of these females are not Valuable Men give women their Value

4 Likes

Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by treesun: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2022
No comment!

Most of this administration projects are things one can not verify! Malami said corruption is declining, what can we call this for God's sake!
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Optimistguy1969: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2022
This government na big thief!!!!!

AlphaAlex:
Facts

Facts kee you there!
I'm beginning to detest this name "Alex"
WTF!!!!!
AlphaAlex:
if you like detest the name that’s your business, if I die I go to the after life I’m not scared of death. If you like go and swear for me too that one is your business. I said what I said you cannot make me take back my words. Most Girls are Broke , they depend on men for everything and the ones that have money only spend a small percentage on men they like , they come out here and overvalue themselves as idiots like you encourage them to continue overvaluing themselves, that’s why your girlfriend doesn’t respect you she knows you overvalue her she sees it and she pities you continue being Foolish it’s not my business.
Hey, ldiot, did you bother to take out 2 minutes to read this post?
Stop disgracing yourself na!!!!!!!
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by mountmoriah(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2022
Mophor:
Issokay!!!
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by Laegbe05: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2022
I comment my reserve
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2022
Okay
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by lagosrd: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2022
Just do quick comment for there
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by captainamiedi1: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2022
which kind of lie is these again. do FG think we are fools or something. these lie pass Uncle lai own
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2022
Inotherwords if give the cash to a man he will use the money to buy ogogoro or lash ashawo or become selfish with it
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by naturefellow(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2022
RuudVan:

The fantastically corrupt Buhari government can only deceive their zombies.
which dailies reported this? Inasmuch as this is probable news, I see no brand name... Daily Trust, Guardian, The punch.
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by mbahdi(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2022
Sai bubu
Re: 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) by ThankGodFriday(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onitsha River Port Concession To Generate Over ₦50 Billion Revenue / Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise / Osinbajo: How We Drafted APC Manifesto In 2014 Focusing On Social Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.