Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? (1979 Views)

We Will Never Get The Right Leaders If We Fail To Be Objective! / Dele Momodu Reacts As Jide Sanwoolu Joins Governorship Race In Lagos / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by aribisala0(m): 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:

The Landowners already have possession of the land in the eyes of the law according to the Supreme court judgement. Whatever that will happen will be on THEIR TERMS!
Do you know the meaning of the word "possession"? If they had possession there would be no crisis.
Possession is not the same as ownership it implies CONTROL
If you are not in control you are not in possession

They do not have possession
Yes they are in a strong position but not in possession
Possession is a de facto issue not de jure.

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by aribisala0(m): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2022
seunmsg:

The governor was there to ensure there is no breakdown of law and order in the estate as a result of the attempt by the police to forcefully enforce a judgement that has been stayed by a valid court order.

By the way, the judgement cannot be enforced without a complete breakdown of law and order in Magodo. All parties must still return to court for further legal resolution if an amicable out of court solution can’t be reached.

The Supreme Court did not order the plaintiffs to demolish the existing buildings in Magodo. The court simply ordered Lagos state government to reallocate 549 plots to the old Shangisha land owners. If Lagos state refuse to comply, they will have to go back to the court to get a clear and consequential order of demolition and this time around, the Magodo homeowners must be joined as respondents in the case. What they are currently trying to do is self help and it cannot stand.
I agree with you on paragraph 2 & 3

The question of whether the order to stay execution is valid is YOUR OPINION and debatable I hope you are self aware enough to recognize that.
Many people of similar intelligence to you will dispute that the order is valid or that it can be valid
My opinion is that no court can issue any order to stay the judgment of the Supreme Court. No court anywhere in Nigeria can do that and so any such order is not valid and does not need setting aside as it is of no effect
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by aribisala0(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2022
fergie001:

You asked a question and I answered now, you have asked further..I will treat same appropriately;

Was there anywhere it was mentioned that the High Court of Lagos stayed a Supreme Court judgement? I am hearing that for the first time.

Avail yourself of this case thoroughly.

Even if the Sharia Court says contrary, it will stand......I didn't write the Constitution.
You did not answer the question so I will repeat it
this claim that

It MUST BE VACATED FIRST

Is that YOUR OPINION

Or is
IT WRITTEN somewhere that you can share with us?
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
fergie001:

I have always stood on the fact that they will talk, that's the only way out....No building will go down because it will complicate an already complex situation. But you have been spoiling for a fight, to take the house down for reasons best known to you.

Anyone who has followed the conversation here knows who have been rolling in lawlessness and spoiling for a fight. Any avenue that involves them talking has been rebuffed by you, who knows, maybe Wike is one of the new buyers.

When will Wike obey his own, since 2018...he wants to leave it to those after him, just like the Magodo case.

People will start laughing at you here oooo....

Someone who licks every of Wike's faecal matter, embrace his illegalities and even lead smaller groups and neanderthals to enthrone his lawlessness in Wadata Plaza.

For here, matching ground na with sense, no be by de gbam.
No substance in your rant!

Wike probably is yet to execute the CoA judgement because of a pending appeal before the Supreme court. I am ABSOLUTELY sure that the judgement will be complied if upheld by the Apex court.

Meanwhile, of your rants, you are the one cheering disobedience to judicial pronouncement. Shame!

As for the rest of your rants, they have no relationship with the subject and won't be responded to.
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by fergie001: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
Fair enough.........

Don't worry, there will be no crisis in Magodo, it will be sorted out amicably. Ok?

Calm down....I just needed to wake you up to reality.
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
fergie001:

Fair enough.........

Don't worry, there will be no crisis in Magodo, it will be sorted out amicably. Ok?

Calm down....I just needed to wake you up to reality.
cheers

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by somehow: 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
fergie001:

There is no cause for alarm......It will be resolved.

Lagos has been speaking to them even before the SC judgement in 2012. The Chairman is the "Koko", others saw some reasons////

LASG has been on them because the pressure is heavily on them..the kind of damages they will pay if any house goes down is enough for them to run around.

Since 2012? Talking for 10 years.
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by fergie001: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
somehow:

Since 2012? Talking for 10 years.
That is why they are talking now. They forced the LASG's hand now, you will see that something will happen. You know sometimes we need some measure of force to be taken seriously.
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by Superwave16320: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
The stay of execution if from a lower court is null n void.

seunmsg:
I think the judgement said something about re-allocating land to the displaced Shangisha land owners and not necessarily to forcefully takeover Magodo 2.

What is needed at this point in time is an amicable resolution and not a forceful ejection and demolition of Magodo 2. Since there is a stay of execution already, all parties should maintain the status quo while a peaceful solution is negotiated.
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by Superwave16320: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
The should get exactly the equivalent or even more. Why must their property be undervalue, they should even be paid rent for the numbers of years the land was occupied illegally.

life2017:

But of they are expecting financial compensation equal to the current value of the land, that will be asking for too much. They won't get it.
Re: Sanwoolu Vs CSP: Can We Be Objective? by NGpatriot: 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
OP, when are you going to elevate above your usual puerile, misguided and misinformed views?

Sturdy the SC's judgement for proper education and stop embarrassing yourself as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Wins Angwan Fulani Ward, Bassawa Zaria In Kaduna / how Two Christian Judges Conspired To Remove Me From Office. Nasarawa Gov Sule / Another Blow To Igbinedion, Loses Mum In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.