Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier (8329 Views)

My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Rickbronz(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
Life is hard for most people, and when you are working as a cashier for a fast paced betting company like bet9ja, it doesn't make things any easier. Regular shortage of money is a common theme due to attending to numerous customers in a very limited amount of time. Plus some deceptive customers who are deliberately trying to short change you - betting with no intention of paying.
At the end of most days, after doing your account, you are left with less money than you are supposed to, which you have to balance with your own money.
I worked as a bet9ja cashier up until last month December when things finally when south. A customer came to play a single game of 20k on virtual. He wanted to transfer the money so I gave him my account number. During the transfer, he called my full name and few moments later he told me he has transferred the money. I didn't receive the alert but he said I will receive it soon that it is network issue. I played his game for him and he lost. Since I've still not received the alert, I told him as soon as I receive the alert he can go. He said OK and sat down, though he wasn't too happy about it. When I was attending to other customers, I got distracted and he used that opportunity to sneak away. By the time my attention got back to him, the guy has disappeared. I never received any alert, the 20k gone with the wind.
I wasn't able to pay the 20k with my money. I was relieved of my job and my phone along with my sim was seized by my boss (who happens to be a no nonsense boss) pending when I pay back the money.
Presently no money and with a debt of 20k hanging over my head. But the hustling continues.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Kriss216: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sorry

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Mightymosco: 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
So sorry 4 ur predicament...humans..most especially nigerians hv turn out to be so hearthless...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by anu3: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2022
You need something good to do, friend. Betting or helping others to do such is not good.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by youngsahito(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rickbronz:
Life is hard for most people, and when you are working as a cashier for a fast paced betting company like bet9ja, it doesn't make things any easier. Regular shortage of money is a common theme due to attending to numerous customers in a very limited amount of time. Plus some deceptive customers who are deliberately trying to short change you - betting with no intention of paying.
At the end of most days, after doing your account, you are left with less money than you are supposed to, which you have to balance with your own money.
I worked as a bet9ja cashier up until last month December when things finally when south. A customer came to play a single game of 20k on virtual. He wanted to transfer the money so I gave him my account number. During the transfer, he called my full name and few moments later he told me he has transferred the money. I didn't receive the alert but he said I will receive it soon that it is network issue. I played his game for him and he lost. Since I've still not received the alert, I told him as soon as I receive the alert he can go. He said OK and sat down, though he wasn't too happy about it. When I was attending to other customers, I got distracted and he used that opportunity to sneak away. By the time my attention got back to him, the guy has disappeared. I never received any alert, the 20k gone with the wind.
I wasn't able to pay the 20k with my money. I was relieved of my job and my phone along with my sim was seized by my boss (who happens to be a no nonsense boss) pending when I pay back the money.
Presently no money and with a debt of 20k hanging over my head. But the hustling continues.

you should have insist on seeing alert b4 u play the game for him. Bank app can't lie no matter the network... Sorry about the loss.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Rickbronz(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
Mightymosco:
So sorry 4 ur predicament...humans..most especially nigerians hv turn out to be so hearthless...
thanks
Kriss216:
Sorry
Mightymosco:
thanks
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Rickbronz(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
anu3:
You need something good to do, friend. Betting or helping others to do such is not good.
true. i need capital to start a business, so i have to start from somewhere
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Philip4564(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
Some people are really wicked

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by manchyme: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rickbronz:

The did has been done.
I was once in your shoe too.
Sometimes, 8k, 10k, but the boss always write it as shortage cuz it can happen to anybody.
Just a little distraction and the customer will disappear.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2022
Most Nigerians are thieves, that's why you have to work with no trust unless its someone you know personally, if not please handle every one with zero trust. That's why when i see people callling on micro loan companies, i do ignore such topics, most Nigerians are thieves, i will repeat my self, you took a loan, time to pay back you are complaining bitterly, are you not a dubious person, like this!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by sammirano: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
grin grin Nigerians are mostly thieves. but Betting Nigerians are armed robbers. You should have no trust in such a place. T"The home of the Wicked"

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Uyi168: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
Philip4564:
Some people are really wicked
.its a very common thing with those bet shops.

as a cashier there, theres no month you'd go home with complete salary. Never!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Nicepoker(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
You worked in a gambling set up and you expect honesty. grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by BigYash: 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
Wickedness.. The person go surely see worst.. Na so the life be.. What you sow,you reap.. Op sorry about the pain the thief caused you.. Its well!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by OperationalVehi: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
Bet shop is the place where hardened criminals abound.
Don't ever trust a face u meet or words you hear Ina betshop bruh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Samakus(m): 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
OperationalVehi:
Bet shop is the place where hardened criminals abound.
Don't ever trust a face meet or words you hear Ina betshop bruh

Nah. You're wrong!

Atimes, I do go to a betshop close to my house to charge my phone, play live game or to ward off boredom. People I see there are frustrated people but definitely not hardened criminals.

Learn proper use of words.

22 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
Bet shop is the home of everything fraud,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rickbronz:

Sorry bro, I can relate wella. One guy come to a bet9ja in ado ekiti, he come play single game stake am 11k with no money at hand.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by angelfallz(m): 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please stop waiting for sms alert.

Sms alerts are unreliable and fraudsters could send you fake sms alerts.

Instead of waiting for sms alerts, make use of your bank app.
Open your bank app to check the transaction details.
Like GT world app for instance, just login, Tap on transaction details, go to your savings account or whichever account you use. If the person actually sent you funds it would reflect in seconds. You can also refresh the transaction details page.

Please share many people aren't aware of this.

Rickbronz:

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by ayindejimmy(m): 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rickbronz:

How much is actually your salary?
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by abumeinben(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rickbronz:

Sorry man!

You should approach your boss to continue your work, he should remove the money over three months. But if your have another job, good but make sure you refund his deficit. You may still need him tomorrow.

And the alert thing, bank app is the surest.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by ayindejimmy(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rickbronz:

How much is actually your salary?
I don't only rely on sms. I also check my email for confirmation

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by wiseone28: 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
Rickbronz:

You didn't know the person?

I am sure he must have been a regular customer
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by obayendo1010(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
This complete misconception, sport betting is bear from passion and love for the game with little greed and not what people are saying that all those who engage on sport or virtual are frustrated or fraudulent.
As a cashiers there are ways you can be guilded to stay out of shortage but majority of you(cashiers) are very greedy either you stealing from the customers and forget to collect you main funds or the customers must have won your trust my tipping you change.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Eazylegend: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
Sorry bru

I was once in your shoes.......a customer bought a market of 1800+700 he collected telling me it's for he's transport back home

Did transfer that I never received till today
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Eazylegend: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
Nigerians are looking for who to outsmarts
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by gulfer: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
Most bettors especially virtual games bettors are criminals angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Rickbronz(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
Sorry bro, I can relate wella. One guy come to a bet9ja in ado ekiti, he come play single game stake am 11k with no money at hand.
yeah, customers do that a lot.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Eazylegend: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
gulfer:
Most bettors especially virtual games bettors are criminals angry angry angry angry

Men!!!!!

I was a chronic virtual game addict. To the extent u gambled away my boss whole sales for the day.
That night, I was like suicide was my only option but I thank God for saving me from evil thoughts

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Eazylegend: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:

And he never thought about losing... how he's going to pay back
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by SimeonOTC(m): 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
Lol.. except you have never been in this country for years, then it's your fault.. If I was boss, I will add interest to that money if at all you are going to paygrin very inexperience sad
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Fatasy(m): 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
I can relate, but please just one question,I want to open the shop is it lucrative

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Access Bank Still Remain The Best Bank To Work In Nigeria / Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa Job Recruitment (29 Positions) / Standard Chartered Bank: Teller Portharcourt Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.