Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier (8335 Views)

My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by AgriHub: 10:52pm On Jan 05, 2022
If you are not ready to loose heavily, dont ever work in a betshop or involve in gambling. All of them are pocket rippers. Know this and know peace. Thanks.

If you are a farmer, I import and distribute Seminis Darina cucumber seeds. Available on wholesale supply. Darina cucumber seeds are ready for harvest 30 days after planting. Call or chat number below for more details. Thanks.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2022
Eazylegend:

And he never thought about losing... how he's going to pay back
the no come. He sha call him mama n brother Dey com bail am n na 10k they later paid after many beaten
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Rickbronz(m): 12:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Fatasy:
I can relate, but please just one question,I want to open the shop is it lucrative
opening a bet9ja shop is a very lucrative business. you just need a good location for it.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by idu1(m): 3:53am On Jan 06, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
Sorry bro, I can relate wella. One guy come to a bet9ja in ado ekiti, he come play single game stake am 11k with no money at hand.

I don't understand this till date. Is it not to offer money before service as in other businesses? Why is betting different?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by ednut1(m): 3:57am On Jan 06, 2022
You have your to blame. You were told to collect money before playing. How can you play 20k game without cash in hand

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Prettygirlie: 5:27am On Jan 06, 2022
So sorry. I also worked there before I gave birth. Some guys are wicked.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:37am On Jan 06, 2022
The day i feared mobile app was the day I made 20k transfer to a pos agent because I was in néed of cash (I don't like slotting my card into any pos machine excerpt Atm machine) after transferring I received a debit alert while the agent received his own credit alert, I collected my 20k and left. Some days after I received an alert of 20k back into my acct, at first I was surprised because I wasn't expecting any money of such amount beside the said is not my main acct since I barely give it out. Honestly I used the 20k because at that time it was a life changer because I was financially down I tried avoiding that shop area since I have used the money and I don't have any means of paying back. Till one very Friday I surface opposite the shop because I was to attend a wedding, immediately the guy saw me he crossed to the side I was standing, as he was making his way towards me I knew already that true true na the transfer I did with him bounced back. He didn't say nor do much just after complaining he told me to check with my bank with I promised I will do he went back to his shop while I left for the wedding am to attend. When I got back from the wedding u didn't visit him because they didn't closed on time, the next day I received an alert payment for one of my job immediately I smiled finally I can repay my debt. The next day I went back to his shop, we talked for some minutes just after I resend his 20k las las everyone was happy bought some few items and left....

What really brought me to this story I was imagining what if this transaction was done with someone that was not residing within that state or probably that wouldn't want to repay such mistake from mobile app transaction Banks should help most times with this unwarranted circumstances.

NB.. at op well the guy has really showed you the other side of a mean nigerian the mistake you did was you should have collected his phone pending when you receive an alert he might have done the transaction which is likely to fail and since he lost the bet, he decided to migrate.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Danjikanbauchi: 6:42am On Jan 06, 2022
I love your spirit on your last statement. Hustle continue bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by seanwilliam(m): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
The day i feared mobile app was the day I made 20k transfer to a pos agent because I was in néed of cash (I don't like slotting my card into any pos machine excerpt Atm machine) after transferring I received a debit alert while the agent received his own credit alert, I collected my 20k and left. Some days after I received an alert of 20k back into my acct, at first I was surprised because I wasn't expecting any money of such amount beside the said is not my main acct since I barely give it out. probably that wouldn't want to repay such mistake from mobile app transaction Banks should help most times with this unwarranted circumstances.

I don’t understand. Do you mean the money reflected in the guy’s account? And it got reversed? ( I meant it showed on his bank app transaction history).. as a trader i use bank app to update transactions , I’ll click on it and refresh so it can add to my balance.

Anyway @ OP,every job has occupational hazard or what is it called . Sometimes if loss hit me, I would have to cover it with my whole month gain if the supplier is not considerate … I’ll enjoin you to take leave that job and find something else to do , sorry ehn ,

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Reggaemich(m): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2022
Even bet9ja shop is not even good in general

Small money someone has bet9ja go chop am or collect am without pity

Do u know how many people bet9ja has put into misery, depression and even forcing them to commit suicide after eating their money

Many youths are rendered useless because of bet9ja, some even drop out of school after using their school fees to Gamble

Op, just consider the money as sacrifice, that the 20,000 has saved someone's life

Is obvious the guy cannot pay it, even if u strip him naked
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=seanwilliam post=109122402] I don’t understand. Do you mean the money reflected in the guy’s account? And it got reversed? ( I meant it showed on his bank app transaction history).. as a trader i use bank app to update transactions , I’ll click on it and refresh so it can add to my balance.

The guy was credited while I was debited, some days later the money reversed.

Anyway @ OP,every job has occupational hazard or what is it called . Sometimes if loss hit me, I would have to cover it with my whole month gain if the supplier is not considerate … I’ll enjoin you to take leave that job and find something else to do , sorry ehn ,[/quote]
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by lereinter(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2022
The deed has been done

I know you are sharper now

@lalasticala tell your nairaland oga to open help section, where the help thread there would have been confirmed by the moderator

So that people can assist
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Fatasy(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2022
Thanks boss,am seriously saving for it

Rickbronz:
opening a bet9ja shop is a very lucrative business. you just need a good location for it.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2022
Reggaemich:
Even bet9ja shop is not even good in general

Small money someone has bet9ja go chop am or collect am without pity

Do u know how many people bet9ja has put into misery, depression and even forcing them to commit suicide after eating their money

Many youths are rendered useless because of bet9ja, some even drop out of school after using their school fees to Gamble

Op, just consider the money as sacrifice, that the 20,000 has saved someone's life

Is obvious the guy cannot pay it, even if u strip him naked
sport betting is not bad if done with care

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by bluefilm: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Rickbronz:
Life is hard for most people, and when you are working as a cashier for a fast paced betting company like bet9ja, it doesn't make things any easier. Regular shortage of money is a common theme due to attending to numerous customers in a very limited amount of time. Plus some deceptive customers who are deliberately trying to short change you - betting with no intention of paying.
At the end of most days, after doing your account, you are left with less money than you are supposed to, which you have to balance with your own money.
I worked as a bet9ja cashier up until last month December when things finally when south. A customer came to play a single game of 20k on virtual. He wanted to transfer the money so I gave him my account number. During the transfer, he called my full name and few moments later he told me he has transferred the money. I didn't receive the alert but he said I will receive it soon that it is network issue. I played his game for him and he lost. Since I've still not received the alert, I told him as soon as I receive the alert he can go. He said OK and sat down, though he wasn't too happy about it. When I was attending to other customers, I got distracted and he used that opportunity to sneak away. By the time my attention got back to him, the guy has disappeared. I never received any alert, the 20k gone with the wind.
I wasn't able to pay the 20k with my money. I was relieved of my job and my phone along with my sim was seized by my boss (who happens to be a no nonsense boss) pending when I pay back the money.
Presently no money and with a debt of 20k hanging over my head. But the hustling continues.

So sorry for your situation.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Sunmolar(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2022
bad. but pls what are the sweet experience you had. what lessons can you give to bettors?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by lkillbrokehoes: 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
Bunkbars:
Most Nigerians are thieves, that's why you have to work with no trust unless its its someone you kjow personally, if not please handle every one with zero trust. That's why when i see people callling on lian company, i do ignore such topics, most Nigerians are thieves, i will repeat my self, you took money, time to pay back you are complaining, are you not a dubious person like this
You are right on this, most Nigerians are thieves.
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Obimike30(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
very lucrative if you happen to find a good location
Fatasy:
I can relate, but please just one question,I want to open the shop is it lucrative

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Ezebinaugwu(m): 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2022
anu3:
You need something good to do, friend. Betting or helping others to do such is not good.

Offer him better thing to do nah, instead of dry advice
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by chuckdee4(m): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
youngsahito:
you should have insist on seeing alert b4 u play the game for him. Bank app can't lie no matter the network... Sorry about the loss.

Exactly, should have told the guy, no alert no play
No time for nonsense, if he doesn't like it let him piss off
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by Larrylee: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Very lucrative but you have to be serious and know you doing.....I have some bet9ja shop for sale in Alimosho local government... If interested... Call or WhatsApp 08067973505
Re: My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier by ThinkWISELY(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mumu.

You went ahead to play games without confirming tma transaction, you think the betting world filled with crokes is for the faint hearted or for dumbass like you?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Technical Aid Corps (TAC) List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2012-2014(1st Batch) / Efcc Raises Alarm Over Alleged Recruitment Scam / Standard Chartered Bank: Teller Portharcourt Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.