Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG (13170 Views)

We’ve Lost Our Most-valued Crude Oil Customers – FG / FIRS Mulls Collection Of Road Tax From Hairdressers, Carpenters, Drivers, Others / Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 10:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Pravedk:

Oga, no vex me this early morning. Which railway? The one to maradi? Do you know how much is $1.6B that will be borrowed in naira?

What is our economic balance of trade with Niger?

Benin Republic is by far Nigeria's biggest trading partner in the ECOWAS block. But your (honestly I don't know what to call him) chose MARADI of all places because he has SECOND COUSINS, keyword COUSINS!

Haba, doesn't it sound like a joke to you?
Remember last year they borrowed $500m to digitize Nta. Oga, NTA o. I'm a Christian and believe in hope but I swear NTA is a hopeless station. Sell am to whoever needs the scrap, but no, they must borrow $500m. How much does it cost to even set up a tv station from scratch sef.

Do you know how much we spent on servicing debt in our budget? Let me tell you, NNPC is a failed company and forget the noise, it contributes less that 10% of the FAAC pool that FG,states and LG share monthly. So you should know that we are only surviving in this country on tax and borrowing.

Now imagine the small tax you and I are contributing to pay, someone will inflate project and steal the money.

I swear if you mention any railway again I go pull shirt you.

The same lame and ill-informed talking points.

We have beautiful rail system all over Nigeria with more systems about to be constructed, but na only maradi you and your kind dey see even though na yur uncle GEJ saddle us with rail to maradi..
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Pravedk: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2022
NGpatriot:

The same lame and ill-informed talking points.

We have beautiful rail system all over Nigeria with more systems about to be constructed, but na only maradi you and your kind dey see even though na yur uncle GEJ saddle us with rail to maradi..

Are you serious? Ok. Enlightened me please.
My challenge with Buharist is that you force yourselves to struggle to find only one good thing to indulge ur blind followership.

Oga Sir, there is no achievement in the railway system. Remember my point was based on crooks stealing my tax. See, I pay tax in this country.

Do you know how inflated this rubbish railway station are? Can the railway themselves repay the loans? I'm saner climes they will. Take your time and google how much it cost to execute similar projects in Kenya and Rwanda. Is our country different?

Just because they delivered Ibadan and Kaduna railway you guys are busy calling it achievement. Ok. Suit yourselves. I wish they will just be giving me my tax to eat suya.

By the way how many places can u go by rail? I sincerely don't know. But I'm sure very few

1 Like

Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 06, 2022
NGpatriot:

Are the dozens of countries Amazon listed and collecting VAT from Amazon not paying import duties and still collecting VAT?

This is universal, so stop boring me with your pointless and ignorant nonsense.

How brain-dead and embarrassing can you get?

This is a pathetic soul. Can you show where?
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
NGpatriot:
Best news so far in 2022.

The FG is finally going after the foreign profiteers getting rich off Nigerians without paying taxes on goods sold in Nigeria.

We've lost trillions in uncollected revenue, but better late than never.

And have you asked what your tax money is used for ?
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by fkj950ax(m): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
NGpatriot:

Where is the extra tax burden?
There's no extra tax burden, you pay taxes on Nigerian goods made by Nigerian manufacturers, but you don't want to pay taxes on imported Oyinbo products because you love Oyinbo people and foreigners more than your own country's local sellers of goods and services.

You love China more than your own country or what?

You are not making any sense.

It is a burden because the goods aren't made here.

Nigeria is just a thief who neither produced the products, the company is not domiciled in country and the goods are coming from outside Nigeria.

I pay for the product. Pay the country tax for buying from the country. Then I pay my country tax again on a product not made in my country by a company not established in my country?

What is the tax required on import? If you even said import duties, I may consider your comments. But tax?

Why not just raise the current import duties so we know the truth once and for all.

It's difficult for you to understand which I pity so much.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
quentin06:

And have you asked what your tax money is used for ?

Have you asked yourself where your salary comes from or the money for road, highway and rail you ride on or the money used to fund social programs, buy warships, fighter planes and jets, attack helicopters, tanks and so on?

Do you think the money drops from the sky?

I'd love to think that you are not a 2-year-old baby.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
fkj950ax:

It is a burden because the goods aren't made here.

Nigeria is just a thief who neither produced the products, the company is not domiciled in country and the goods are coming from outside Nigeria.

I pay for the product. Pay the country tax for buying from the country. Then I pay my country tax again on a product not made in my country by a company not established in my country?

What is the tax required on import? If you even said import duties, I may consider your comments. But tax?

Why not just raise the current import duties so we know the truth once and for all.

It's difficult for you to understand which I pity so much.

The only problem with your asement and downtroden post is the fact that while the rest of the world is collecting money from businesses making money in their country, you ignorant, hateful and bitter anti Nigeria clowns think Nigeria should be the only mumu not collecting money.

Your same jokers run around shouting and wailing about how other countries are better than your own country, but are they better because they are collecting money and getting richer while your own mumu country dey sidon look and not collecting money.

Fact is, you people don't speak from common sense, or what is good for you and for Nigeria, you let ignorance, hatred, bitterness, tribalism and bigotry speak for you.

Go and sit down somewhere with your ignorant rant..
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
Pravedk:

Are you serious? Ok. Enlightened me please.
My challenge with Buharist is that you force yourselves to struggle to find only one good thing to indulge ur blind followership.

Oga Sir, there is no achievement in the railway system. Remember my point was based on crooks stealing my tax. See, I pay tax in this country.

Do you know how inflated this rubbish railway station are? Can the railway themselves repay the loans? I'm saner climes they will. Take your time and google how much it cost to execute similar projects in Kenya and Rwanda. Is our country different?

Just because they delivered Ibadan and Kaduna railway you guys are busy calling it achievement. Ok. Suit yourselves. I wish they will just be giving me my tax to eat suya.

By the way how many places can u go by rail? I sincerely don't know. But I'm sure very few

This one prefer suya over railways and infrastructures..

I don't even know where Nigeria get these low mentality dead weights from.

grin
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by fkj950ax(m): 1:04am On Jan 07, 2022
NGpatriot:

The only problem with your asement and downtroden post is the fact that while the rest of the world is collecting money from businesses making money in their country, you ignorant, hateful and bitter anti Nigeria clowns think Nigeria should be the only mumu not collecting money.

Your same jokers run around shouting and wailing about how other countries are better than your own country, but are they better because they are collecting money and getting richer while your own mumu country dey sidon look and not collecting money.

Fact is, you people don't speak from common sense, or what is good for you and for Nigeria, you let ignorance, hatred, bitterness, tribalism and bigotry speak for you.

Go and sit down somewhere with your ignorant rant..

Leave abuses out.
Talk on issues.

Anti Nigeria, that is a new one I never heard before

1 Like

Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2022
NGpatriot:

So, you don't live in Nigeria, but you are hyperventilating about paying taxes in Nigeria...You get sense so?

This is the problem with jokers like you, you go to other countries and pay whatever they ask you to pay, you obey their laws from A-Z, but when it comes to your own country, you are lawless, unpatriotic and unruly even though you hypocritically cry and moan for a better Nigeria.

You lawless anti-Nigerian elements care less about Nigeria, you just shed your dirty crocodile tears all over the place while praying for Nigeria's demise.

Btw, you don't live outside Nigeria, you are posting from your village in Abia, I know your type.

Your reasoning is quite preposterous. So, if i don't live in Nigeria, don't i have relatives and friends staying there? I should just leave them to be strangled by you and your clueless government with excess taxes you'll still embezzle?

Yes, when we go to other countries, we obey their laws because they understand what rule of law, justice, fairness and equity mean; and we pay their taxes too, because they put them to good use. Here, we don't buy our own generators to provide electricity for ourselves, we don't construct/patch our own roads to drive our cars, we don't supply our own water by sinking our own boreholes, we don't provide our own security to protect your, we don't build our own hospitals to provide our own medical needs, neither do we pay for medical services from our pockets(there's insurance), we don't pay school fees for our kids in nursery, primary and secondary schools, etc. In fact, here, we're not our own government. So, why shouldn't we obey their laws and pay their taxes? Does the government in Nigeria provide the above services to Nigerians, despite the huge revenue from crude oil and taxations(i paid taxes for the 7yrs i worked in Nigeria)?

If you want to introduce more taxes, then provide the above basic amenities first from the revenue accrued from crude oil, and then use the money from taxes to maintain them.

As for whether I'm in Nigeria or abroad, i don't need to argue or proof anything to you. All i have to tell you is that i am a medical professional, and as such, it's relatively easy to escape from your corrupt and lawless shit-hole.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2022
NGpatriot:

Are the dozens of countries Amazon listed and collecting VAT from Amazon not paying import duties and still collecting VAT?

This is universal, so stop boring me with your pointless and ignorant nonsense.

How brain-dead and embarrassing can you get?

Where is this irredeemable fool? Are you not through with your collation? I thought you want to list some countries that are acting foolishly like your savior? A typical vagabond
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Blue3k(m): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2022
fkj950ax:
Which Amazon or which AliExpress.

All they are doing is increasing the cost of transaction of Nigerians. These companies will just add a 6% NGA Tax on transactions originating from Nigeria at checkout.
Collate the sum and give NG Govt.
It's not coming from their profit.

Lol you're correct even the finance minister admitted this obvious fact. Only mumus can't see this outcome coming.

The Minister said, “Section 30 of the finance act designed to amend section 10, 31 and 14 of VAT is in relations to VAT obligations for non-resident digital companies and the mechanism that will be used is to restrict VAT obligations mainly to digital non-resident companies who supply individuals in Nigeria who can’t themselves self-account for VAT.

“So if you visit Amazon, we are expecting Amazon to add VAT charge to whatever transaction you are paying for.

Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Laideabdulahi: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2022
NGpatriot:
Best news so far in 2022.

The FG is finally going after the foreign profiteers getting rich off Nigerians without paying taxes on goods sold in Nigeria.

We've lost trillions in uncollected revenue, but better late than never.

Who will suffer it at the end of the day.
It is you and I, the patronizers of such sites.
It won't cost anything for the company to increase prices of goods and services.

Na you and I go still dey pay the tax for them
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Your reasoning is quite preposterous. So, if i don't live in Nigeria, don't i have relatives and friends staying there? I should just leave them to be strangled by you and your clueless government with excess taxes you'll still embezzle?

Yes, when we go to other countries, we obey their laws because they understand what rule of law, justice, fairness and equity mean; and we pay their taxes too, because they put them to good use. Here, we don't buy our own generators to provide electricity for ourselves, we don't construct/patch our own roads to drive our cars, we don't supply our own water by sinking our own boreholes, we don't provide our own security to protect your, we don't build our own hospitals to provide our own medical needs, neither do we pay for medical services from our pockets(there's insurance), we don't pay school fees for our kids in nursery, primary and secondary schools, etc. In fact, here, we're not our own government. So, why shouldn't we obey their laws and pay their taxes? Does the government in Nigeria provide the above services to Nigerians, despite the huge revenue from crude oil and taxations(i paid taxes for the 7yrs i worked in Nigeria)?

If you want to introduce more taxes, then provide the above basic amenities first from the revenue accrued from crude oil, and then use the money from taxes to maintain them.

As for whether I'm in Nigeria or abroad, i don't need to argue or proof anything to you. All i have to tell you is that i am a medical professional, and as such, it's relatively easy to escape from your corrupt and lawless shit-hole.

Whatever you live or call home abroad, you pay taxes on goods ordered online no matter what the item is, buy you don't want to pay taxes here in Nigeria?

Now, where is the sense and wisdom in paying taxes in other countries to develop and progress these countries, but you are dead against paying taxes to develop and progress your own country.

People like you go abroad and obey all their laws, you pay your taxes, you are not lawless and disobedient, but right after getting off the plane in Nigeria, you are all of a sudden lawless, you are disobedient, you don't want to obey traffic laws and you don't want to pay your taxes.

This is why their country is developed and yours is not.

I know your kind, you are all about lawlessness and anti-Nigerian sentiments.

Pay your taxes and stop crying. Btw, you are not abroad, stop lying.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Laideabdulahi:

Who will suffer it at the end of the day.
It is you and I, the patronizers of such sites.
It won't cost anything for the company to increase prices of goods and services.

Na you and I go still dey pay the tax for them

So, Nigeria should not collect taxes just because you are concerned about high prices?

What kind of cave mentality is this? If this is how people in developed countries behaved in heir formative years, they'd still be in the Stone Age or underdeveloped like yours.

Roads, bridges, hospitals, electricity and quality of life infrastructure and programs cost money in form of taxes, so why do you cry that you want infrastructures and good quality of life while at the same time refusing to pay for it?

Your personal hypocrisy and contradictions makes no sense.

You people are not ready and I don't even you deserve better based on your manner of thinking and mentality.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
[s]
oldtruth:

Where is this irredeemable fool? Are you not through with your collation? I thought you want to list some countries that are acting foolishly like your savior? A typical vagabond
[/s]

Your ignorant, unintelligent and illiterate rubbish is getting stale.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Laideabdulahi: 2:55am On Jan 10, 2022
NGpatriot:

So, Nigeria should not collect taxes just because you are concerned about high prices?

What kind of cave mentality is this? If this is how people in developed countries behaved in heir formative years, they'd still be in the Stone Age or underdeveloped like yours.

Roads, bridges, hospitals, electricity and quality of life infrastructure and programs cost money in form of taxes, so why do you cry that you want infrastructures and good quality of life while at the same time refusing to pay for it?

Your personal hypocrisy and contradictions makes no sense.

You people are not ready and I don't even you deserve better based on your manner of thinking and mentality.

This government is not the right one to collect taxes.
When a better government comes in or takes over, sure they are free.
When you pay tax, value is needed.

I never see wetin this government they do, and na Dem Collect tax pass.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NGpatriot: 3:07am On Jan 10, 2022
Laideabdulahi:

This government is not the right one to collect taxes.
When a better government comes in or takes over, sure they are free.
When you pay tax, value is needed.

I never see wetin this government they do, and na Dem Collect tax pass.

You mean there's no value in the paychecks/salaries of millions of Nigerians collect every month to pay rent, school fees and put food on the table?

You people don't even make the smallest effort to make sense.

Keep quiet abeg.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 10, 2022
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Your ignorant, unintelligent and illiterate rubbish is getting stale.

I can never go wrong. You are nothing but a FOOL grin
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
NGpatriot:

Have you asked yourself where your salary comes from or the money for road, highway and rail you ride on or the money used to fund social programs, buy warships, fighter planes and jets, attack helicopters, tanks and so on?

Do you think the money drops from the sky?

I'd love to think that you are not a 2-year-old baby.

My money does not come from foreign loans, you speak and think like a loafer.
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Laideabdulahi: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
NGpatriot:

You mean there's no value in the paychecks/salaries of millions of Nigerians collect every month to pay rent, school fees and put food on the table?

You people don't even make the smallest effort to make sense.

Keep quiet abeg.

Abeg Getat
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Deblow: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
NGpatriot:

Are you not even paying taxes on everything you buy in Nigeria? Or you think they don't factor in charges and costs per everything you buy right here in Nigeria?

Abi you are happy to pay taxes on Nigerian goods, but sad and unhappy to pay taxes on foreign goods?

Abi it's just ok for foreigners to sell, make money without paying Nigeria 1 kobo while you pay taxes on the goods you buy right here in Nigeria/

Do you people have brain inside your skulls at all?

Why do you people hate your own country and love foreigners so much? Den swear for you people?
Your likes are quite notoriously infamous. U can never make a comment without an accompanying insults, abuse and bully. Your school days must have been hellish. What u have in your biscuit skull is flour berthed in an alcoholic fluid...the reason u are always aggressive in ur reactions. Pity!!
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Deblow: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
NGpatriot:

Are you not even paying taxes on everything you buy in Nigeria? Or you think they don't factor in charges and costs per everything you buy right here in Nigeria?

Abi you are happy to pay taxes on Nigerian goods, but sad and unhappy to pay taxes on foreign goods?

Abi it's just ok for foreigners to sell, make money without paying Nigeria 1 kobo while you pay taxes on the goods you buy right here in Nigeria/

Do you people have brain inside your skulls at all?

Why do you people hate your own country and love foreigners so much? Den swear for you people?

Your likes are quite notoriously infamous. U can never make a comment without an accompanying insults, abuse and bully. Your school days must have been hellish. What u have in your biscuit skull is flour berthed in an alcoholic fluid...the reason u are always aggressive in ur reactions. Pity!! Mr. Nigeria
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Jancy606(f): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2022
cappyolu:
You are a fool for saying is it majority of Yahoo boys. Let me ring it to you, majority of people that buy stuffs from AliExpress are normal people like me and you. Do you know you seem to get stuffs on AliExpress without price get inflatted. Stuffs you get for 50k at AliExpress could go for 110k and above on Jumia
Please can you put me through on how to pay in Alibaba?
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by jude79(m): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2022
post=109112637:
As long as it benefits the lives of Nigerian masses and won't go into the pockets of the politicians, way to go.

If wishes were horses, oloshos in Dubai will enjoy more Nigerians looted funds from our politicians, anyway, your free to dream, dream dream dream!! dreeeeeeam!!!
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by dumodust(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2022
grandstar:
This isn't right.

Why a 6% turnover tax instead of VAT. VAT is 7.5% of the cost of the product which is even higher. There's also import duty.

This policy may discourage many of these companies from doing business with Nigeria. The country will be the biggest loser.
Don't mind the people applauding this dumb move. What you collect from international trade is customs and probably vat. If international govts starting taxing profits of companies outside their jurisdiction, that will lead to world wide chaos.
This stupid twitter adventure has given them icarus' wings
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 19, 2022
Re: Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG by NaMe4: 2:37am On Jan 19, 2022
SMH

Just simply a higher cost of services and products to be paid by Nigerians in addition to already existing VAT, import duties, etc .

Good luck to struggling entrepreneurs if such policy is reciprocated by foreign counterparts.

It was predictable these clowns were up to something dumb when they were trying their luck during the twitter saga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Full List Of State Chairmen Inaugurated By APC / Insecurity: Terrorists Suffering Heavy Casualties From Military - Lai Mohammed / IPOB Protests Non-release Of Kanu, Threatens Election Boycott

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.