Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service (25348 Views)

FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / Despite Form Denial, Jonathan Meets Adamu, Prepares To Run On APC Ticket / No Plan To Downsize Federal Civil Service- Finance Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by RosyIsBlessed: 10:46am On Jan 06, 2022
Instead of recruiting to replace those retiring every year you want to sack. Well I'm not surprised at this man one bit. His antecedents should have taught Nigerians a lesson but no, they vote for people based on sentiment and peanuts.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by tola1006: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2022
Long overdue ....if trulky Buhari can get the balls to do this,he will earn my respect
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by usmanbaba(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2022
I don't agree with this idea, why not fish out the ghost workers. Federal civil service is filled with a lot of ghost workers, identify them and push them out of the system.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2022
Smartini:
Unpopular opinion, but please do so. This has been a long time coming.

Civil servants in Nigeria are the laziest set of people in the world. Truth is the civil service sector in Nigeria is oversaturated and filled with workers who add no value to their parastatals and are still stuck with analogue methods of operations.

Once they get into that office, life ends for them - no progress, no career development, just lazy life all the way till they retire and wait for their pensions.

you are talking about yourself

lazy bastard sack yourself first
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by jamace(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2022
NNPC is a major failure and drain pipe in Nigeria. Buhari should face NNPC straight and downsize it immediately. Fuel Subsidy is as a result of NNPC failure to perform.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by ppogba: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2022
The government is trying to say, we are going to do nothing this year. How do I mean? Sack people, get into wahala with labour for 3 months. Fast forward to June, remove fuel subsidy. Get into another bruhaha with labour, long industrial strike commences till July or August then either ASUU or NMA takes over till December.

On December 31, every body goes to church for cross over.

3 Likes

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by feedthenation(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2022
---too many ghost workers in the Federal Civil Service---
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Ugonna62: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthisunique:
Raising highest vat

Highest loan

Highest revenue

But can't afford to retain workers

Where buhari dey carry these money go
nigel republic,chad ,beurit,turkey an uae. Thats where buhari and his kinsmen is keeping our money.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by blackboy(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2022
Believe this then ... as usual na to black mail Nigerians. No try strike or protest or disrupt gobt activities or union this or that. Cooperate. This is 2022 . Elections are near the corner. This is the beceiving , pretending goody goody and lies to win election for party. Also period of choping and amasing debt for next administration who must be loyal and not complain. Lets wait for their fuel decission and dramas in 2022. GEJ no smart at all and had backstabers around him. PMB has loyalist that will ensure their interest now and beyond 2023 is protected. Chopping amd sharing the money year
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by surgical: 10:53am On Jan 06, 2022
Luckydubby7:

Second Niger bridge and Lagos - Ibadan express according to Zombies.
you did not add the railways, even though started by Jonathan they still claim credit
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by tola1006: 10:55am On Jan 06, 2022
Realdeals:
The civil service is a waste, efficiency to development of the federation is less than 20%. The only thing they know is how to bully the citizens and cry woof when there's none.

If we think we don't need some of these tough actions to grow Nigeria, we are insincere and only a Buhari at his twilight of his administration can carry out some of the radical reform.
The only problem is that he lacks effective communication with the citizens.

That's why I shudder when I see states crying they can't pay civil servants and yet keep over bloated payrolls.

The governors can package an exit plan for this workers in form of lands for agric,loans for businesses, training on entrepreneurship etc.

The redundancy will be diminished anf twill have more viral economy in no time.....why will people just sit in offices doing nothing from morning till evening and get paid at the end of the month with about 70% of the states income and you expect development..... development from where and with what undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by phemmyfour: 10:58am On Jan 06, 2022
dawnomike:
Gone are the days when federal job provided 'job security'...

It still does, just watch it...they can only bark for few days
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Bimpe29: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2022
It must have finally dawned on all of us that, APC led government is not a sincere government. When they say good morning, one really need to go outside and confirm that it is truly morning.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:00am On Jan 06, 2022
YU SHOULD DOWNSIZE NASS AND ASO WE DONT NEED UNA BOGUS WAGES undecided.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by cafolu: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2022
Upeh! Is that all you can say? If it was something that would affect purely Igbos and Southerners/Christians generally, you'd be cheering madly. In fact I'm sure your hoping they can find a way to cherry-pick those to be retrenched so that you can gloat as usual.
omenkaLives:
Leave civil servants alone. Downsize your salaries and allowances.

Pathetic choice of decision, of true.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Nicepoker(m): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2022
A time will come when FG won't be capable to pay salaries anymore. If we don't restructure.

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Gate050: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2022
treesun:

https://punchng.com/panic-as-fg-prepares-to-sack-federal-workers/
I will warn everyone to stay away from paying for federal job slot for now cuz it won't happen, you won't get any job cuz none is available. Those ones working are about to be sacked using force. I know someone who bought slot, is he yey to receive any salary for about 4 months now. Interview upon interview in Niger state and all that. Too bad
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by ProphetofOdin: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Truth be told the civil service is over bloated and needs to be trimmed. But this is just one of out many problems, we don't need 3 senators from each state, 2 is enough and it should be on part time basis. We do not need such over bloated house of rep members. Cut down on allowances of political office holders.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by franchasng: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Truthisunique:
Raising highest vat

Highest loan

Highest revenue

But can't afford to retain workers

Where buhari dey carry these money go
Niger Republic his retirement home
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by ibechris(m): 11:08am On Jan 06, 2022
If I am given a fair package honestly I would be happy.

As a govt worker,this is a good plan...except u are not good with money,I feel this would help alot.

Let them harmonised and do this quickly.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by kasheemawo(m): 11:12am On Jan 06, 2022
[s]
Piggyyeaster0:
fake news
[/s]
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by caracas: 11:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Realdeals:
Is this your response to what I said? You are empty, even more than Buhari. You must have been raised by a civil servant or among the waste we have in the service.
llll
By God's grace i was raised by a business man as my Father n I currently work in a five star company , my response to you was as a result of the fact that your comment was selfish, wicked n dumb....
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by everythinggirly(f): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2022
Hardship season 2022 loading...
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by ufotunang: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2022
Down size the national assembly....the house ofrepresentative should be scraped, I do not see what they are doing there...so as to reduce the costs of governance
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by maldino: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2022
This Finance Minister never finish Nigeria Kpatakpata....Her inhumane policies are still coming, just as her fellow CBN counterpart.

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by micflo28(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2022
This is uncalled for. There are so many civil and public servants who are due to retire but altered their date of birth just to stay in office longer and preventing younger officers from growing and new recruits to come in. In my agency alone, frsc, my boss is way above 35years of service and over 170 other senior officers meant to have left but they won’t go because of what they are gaining. It’s like that in many agencies. Greedy senior officials and junior officials due for retirement but will not go to creat vacancies for fresh brains.

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by History555: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2022
Rather than sack workers why not
Eliminate ghost workers
Eliminate boards of paratals or reduce them
Eliminate estacodes, purchase of same items like pc, vehicles every year.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by guru90: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2022
Chai..... This is finishing.......
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by micflo28(m): 11:30am On Jan 06, 2022
The corruption in MDA budgeting should be checkmated. Official cars each you can procure at least a Hilux vehicle for 9million naira will be budgeted for at 20 million naira per unit. Govt should quit giving MDAs money to procure official vehicles and sundry items, they should be bought and given to then by Bureau for public procurement in conjunction with the ICPC to checkmate inflation. Leave the poor workers alone.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by mandate12: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2022
hedonido:
Long overdue. The civil service should be pruned by 70%. Especially those high paying MDAs with redundant employees, all of whom got their jobs through the back door.

If jealousy doesn't kill u, what will?
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by PeacenLove2: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2022
Tumbulum:
We told them and they called us wailers,ipob,sore loser,haters and what have you but las las am happy that everyone is feeling.
I pray they can change the constitution so that buhari can do third tenure so that he can complete the good job he is doing.

[right][/right] cheesy Nor be good thing? He who finds a good thing must keep it. grin
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by PeacenLove2: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2022
micflo28:
The corruption in MDA budgeting should be checkmated. Official cars each you can procure at least a Hilux vehicle for 9million naira will be budgeted for at 20 million naira per unit. Govt should quit giving MDAs money to procure official vehicles and sundry items, they should be bought and given to then by Bureau for public procurement in conjunction with the ICPC to checkmate inflation. Leave the poor workers alone.

You make it look like there is any agency in this country free of corruption. Doing that, you would just be changing the hands commiting the crime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngige: Anambra Roads Constructed By Peter Obi Are All Washed Off / Who Healed The President? - Tayo Ogunbiyi / Saraki On Tinubu In 2014 About The APC VP Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.