Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service (25333 Views)

FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / Despite Form Denial, Jonathan Meets Adamu, Prepares To Run On APC Ticket / No Plan To Downsize Federal Civil Service- Finance Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by moscobabs(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2022
Realdeals:
The civil service is a waste, efficiency to development of the federation is less than 20%. The only thing they know is how to bully the citizens and cry woof when there's none.

If we think we don't need some of these tough actions to grow Nigeria, we are insincere and only a Buhari at his twilight of his administration can carry out some of the radical reform.
The only problem is that he lacks effective communication with the citizens.

Thanks for being sincere
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by PeacenLove2: 11:40am On Jan 06, 2022
History555:
Rather than sack workers why not
Eliminate ghost workers
Eliminate boards of paratals or reduce them
Eliminate estacodes, purchase of same items like pc, vehicles every year.

This is very sensible. Even though I still think overhead cost is too much especially when many of them do absolutely nothing. The civil service should not be a social welfare program. There is need to separate the two. Mostly, cost of running the government itself is too high. In good faith, they should start in-house.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Elsueno: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2022
cry

Unfortunately alot of these civil servants actually do nothing at the office, oldess also refuse to retire busy increasing thier age.

But while at that, we should also cut down the allowances of all public office holders & politicians by 80%, no official car for any of them except governors & President. So my aunty Zainab is really right on this one

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by frog12: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2022
and e dey take years to implement
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by ibechris(m): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2022
bluefilm:

A good entrepreneur in Civil Service should be rejoicing over this news.

The severance package can be used as a start up capital

Brilliant comment.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by josh6633: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2022
okotv:
Decisions like these should have been taken in the early years of this regime. The Orosanye's report is more than 7 years old and should have been implemented. Too many MDAs are just carrying out duplicating roles. They should be scrapped with immediate effect. Another thing now would be that there won't be any government jobs at the federal level for a long time.

This people are confused! They want to scrapped some Ministries or agencies while they are still creating more unnecessary ministries and agencies. Just for example ministry of humanitarian Affairs', what is the functions of the so called ministry if not for corrupt practices and so many more . It can never work
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by penceman(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2022
That should have been done years ago and in states
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by jrusky(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2022
I said it before this man will repeat and finished everything he did to Nigerians in 1985.

I remember how retrenchment, sacking was all he was doing during that time before IBB came and did a halved job by just only pushed him out.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by integrity16(m): 11:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Fake news.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
Yes its better to sack FG workers than to reduce allowances of senators, the eyez have it.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by omenkaLives(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
cafolu:
Upeh! Is that all you can say? If it was something that would affect purely Igbos and Southerners/Christians generally, you'd be cheering madly. In fact I'm sure your hoping they can find a way to cherry-pick those to be retrenched so that you can gloat as usual.
Stupid comment from Okoro. I believe you added the iboes, Christians and Southerners to whip up your bigoted flocks to rally round your stupid comment.

I suppose there's a place in the article where it is stated "igbos wont be affected", or "Christians and southerners wont be affected".

I feel really irritated by the comments of ipob Cannibals and sincerely wish they'd pretend I'm not alive, since after all, they wish me dead. Below is for you and your brothers.

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Ebelefrancis123: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
That's good for the civil servants! They were the ones that voted the vampire into power. After all, they don't care about anybody except their families abroad..... RULER!
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Lovelypet28: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
Q33qq4
Oracleamehdin:
The senior pastor and the general overseer of Divine fountain Prophetic gospel center kano state Nigeria) EMMANUEL AMEH EJEMBI has released again prophecies for the year 2022.

������

Click to View List Prophesies

https://www.facebook.com/1669571426655306/posts/3077062135906221/
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Benwallt(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
None of my business. Nobody in my family worked, works or has ever work in the federal civil service apart from my dad that retired in the 90s as chief pharmacist in one local government. That's even a state government civil service. If dem like make dem sack all
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by hedonido: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
mandate12:

If jealousy doesn't kill u, what will?

Look at this mumu. Jealousy of what?

Don't go and find ways to earn money by adding value, being productive and using your brain. Stay there and be feasting on free salary and allowances for doing absolutely nothing...ontop illegally gotten job. Come dey form on top.

Very useless country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Babaken(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
greatdreamer:
By the time Buhari leave office next year, Nigeria will be the first country to be called seventh world country.

I tell you that analog cattle brain has no joy.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Babaken(m): 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Tumbulum:
We told them and they called us wailers,ipob,sore loser,haters and what have you but las las am happy that everyone is feeling.
I pray they can change the constitution so that buhari can do third tenure so that he can complete the good job he is doing.
you dey mind them. The undiluted looter is worming up.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
freshboi88:

Bad belle...this is how u know a witch or a wizard.

grin grin grin I can smell your parents are civil servants, hence the tears. Sorry, but civil servants are a part of Nigeria's corrupt and decayed public administration

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by freshboi88: 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
Smartini:

grin grin grin I can smell your parents are civil servants, hence the tears. Sorry, but civil servants are a part of Nigeria's corrupt and decayed public administration

Wizard!! Your witchcraft will not work n u will wail till frustration kills u
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

you are talking about yourself

lazy bastard sack yourself first

Point to your parents and repeat exactly what you posted here. They deserve those words the most for birthing a cursed soul who has no idea how to engage in intelligent discussions on a public forum and chooses to resort to childish insults grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Munzy14(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
omenkaLives:
Leave civil servants alone. Downsize your salaries and allowances.

Pathetic choice of decision, of true.
Sai Baba.. grin grin
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by MT: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Tumbulum:
We told them and they called us wailers,ipob,sore loser,haters and what have you but las las am happy that everyone is feeling.
I pray they can change the constitution so that buhari can do third tenure so that he can complete the good job he is doing.

You are still wailers, and you will continue to be.

As painful as it feels, common sense dictates that the size of govt and both state and federal workers are not sustainable. Aside from the fact that most of these workers are bringing nothing to the table, they have turned the jobs to side hustle, Nigeria is constantly bogged down by these recurrent expenses. The Civil service should be repositioned to contribute positively to the economy of the state and federal purse. Their promotions ought to be based on some clearly defined benchmarks.

The severance package should be realistic with the economic realities so that these workers can even start something in term of business. Even oil companies and other blue chips organisation in the world do this.

Great leaders are not shy to take decisions that are not convenient or difficult. The long term, overall interest of the nation should always come first.

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by benzion72(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
It is not new now, let Buhari do the needful now. He should also double petroleum price. Sai Baba
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by InvertedHammer: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
/
Any Federal worker who doesn't have any thriving side hustle should have himself or herself to blame. Perhaps this will checkmate the arrogance of " job security" they exhibit. Nigeria is no longer a normal country. Bankers and oil workers should watch their backs as well.

/
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by DanasabeZaki: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Employing some via N-POWER and sacking others at the same time shouldn't be due to shortage of funds.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by goodheart01: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
Wow... Our darling daddy is doing well. His actions are the effects of eating grilled vultures. Atleast and NLPoliceWoman can testify to this.

Up Buhari till 2055... Up vulture BBQ grillers
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Hassanmaye(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by pacespot(m): 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nice move, those civil servants are just crooks. Let them go and learn skills to make their own money like most of the youth graduates are currently doing.

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Tareq1105: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2022
BUHARI SHOULD FIRST BRING BACK THE 8 YEARS TENURE FOR DIRECTORS/ PERM SEC THAT HE SUSPENDED IN 2017. WE HAVE A LOT OF DIRECTORS WHO HAVE SPENT LIKE 10YRS. HE SHOULD START FROM THERE.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by Ginomel(m): 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2022
ppogba:
The government is trying to say, we are going to do nothing this year. How do I mean? Sack people, get into wahala with labour for 3 months. Fast forward to June, remove fuel subsidy. Get into another bruhaha with labour, long industrial strike commences till July or August then either ASUU or NMA takes over till December.

On December 31, every body goes to church for cross over.

And the cycle continues again. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by saudatu(m): 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ahmed0336:
angry

There are many ways to go about this.
1. Scrap Nigeria Senate.
2. Place HoR on Minimum wage.
3. Stop appointment of Boards.
4. Privatize properties that are liabilities to FG e.g Refineries, presidential planes etc.
5. Reduce the number of political appointees on all tier of government.
6. Then we can talk on civil servants. BTW why thinking of retrenchment when we have Civil Servants in good numbers either retiring, dying, sacked, some self dey japa? Kpata kpata instead of new recruitments into certain MDAs just conduct intra ministry transfer then halt employment for some time.

Sence no go kill you bruh. God bless all of us and saves us from this set of so call leaders.
Re: Panic As FG Prepares To Downsize Federal Civil Service by cuteralph101(m): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2022
Realdeals:
The civil service is a waste, efficiency to development of the federation is less than 20%. The only thing they know is how to bully the citizens and cry woof when there's none.

If we think we don't need some of these tough actions to grow Nigeria, we are insincere and only a Buhari at his twilight of his administration can carry out some of the radical reform.
The only problem is that he lacks effective communication with the citizens.
now u sound smart? How much are civil servants paid compared to senior directors in most MDAs. How about reducing the money allocated to law makers. You heard Aso clinic is accrued 10bn every year?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dickson Tells APC To Take Supreme Court Verdict In Good Faith / Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria / Governor Wike Dancing At NAFEST 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.