Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,258 members, 7,836,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te (202 Views)

Saboteurs Hold Nigeria Hostage As Power Grid Collapsed 115 Times In 9 Years / Buba Galadima: Declaring Bandits Terrorists Is Waste Of Time, They’re Faceless / Magashi: Buhari Following Due Process Before Declaring Bandits Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te by Phinex(m): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2022
The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, has reacted to the Federal Government’s declaration of bandits as terrorists.

Yerima Shettima, AYCF National President, said nobody should be allowed to hold the country to ransom.

Speaking with DAILY POST, Shettima said the decision of the Federal Government was better late than never.

He stressed that Buhari should be commended for the decision to declare bandits as terrorists.

According to Shettima: “It’s better late than never, it’s long overdue. All the tendencies and characters of terrorism has been displayed by these characters in the name of banditry.

“It’s indeed a good thing and I applaud the Federal Government for that courage. Some of us were not happy when the court made the pronouncement and the president could not attend to it immediately, but it’s better late than never; this can not continue.

“Nobody can be allowed to continue to hold the country to ransom; as such, I commend the Federal Government and Buhari for this feat."

“I hope those saddled with the responsibility will do the needful, so that for once, we can have some rest.”

Asked if the proscription is a sign that Nigerians should expect an improvement in the country’s security, Shettima said: “I believe from what I’m seeing that we are likely to see something better than what we have seen in the past.”

SEARCH

Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWSNobody can hold Nigeria ransom – Arewa youths on Buhari declaring bandits terroristsPublished on January 6, 2022By Seun Opejobi

The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, has reacted to the Federal Government’s declaration of bandits as terrorists.

Yerima Shettima, AYCF National President, said nobody should be allowed to hold the country to ransom.

Speaking with DAILY POST, Shettima said the decision of the Federal Government was better late than never.

He stressed that Buhari should be commended for the decision to declare bandits as terrorists.

According to Shettima: “It’s better late than never, it’s long overdue. All the tendencies and characters of terrorism has been displayed by these characters in the name of banditry.

“It’s indeed a good thing and I applaud the Federal Government for that courage. Some of us were not happy when the court made the pronouncement and the president could not attend to it immediately, but it’s better late than never; this can not continue.

“Nobody can be allowed to continue to hold the country to ransom; as such, I commend the Federal Government and Buhari for this feat.

“I hope those saddled with the responsibility will do the needful, so that for once, we can have some rest.”

Asked if the proscription is a sign that Nigerians should expect an improvement in the country’s security, Shettima said: “I believe from what I’m seeing that we are likely to see something better than what we have seen in the past.”

DAILY POST had reported that the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), had gazetted a court judgement which proscribed bandits.

The gazetted pronouncement proscribed their existence and restraining any person or group of persons from participating in activities of bandit groups.

This follows weeks of footdragging, after Justice Taiwo Taiwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja, granted an ex parte application for Yan Bindiga (Hausa word for gunmen) and Yan Ta’adda (Hausa word for terrorists) to be declared as terrorists.

Dailypost.ng
Re: Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te by DispatcherLagos: 10:32am On Jan 06, 2022
You stand up declare business men terrorists?
Re: Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te by DabuIIIT: 10:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Wretched bloody parasites...Al of them
Re: Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te by DabuIIIT: 10:33am On Jan 06, 2022

Re: Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te by Vickym1(f): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2022
Commended ko amended ni as if they'll be treated as a terrorist
Re: Newsnobody Can Hold Nigeria Ransom – Arewa Youths On Buhari Declaring Bandits Te by crispus09(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2022
Bunch of bloody blood sucking vsmpire

(1) (Reply)

Enugu-ukwu Community Honours Nigerian Ambassador To Burundi And His Wife / VP Yemi Osinbajo SAN Virtually Chairs The Economic Sustainability Committee Meet / Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.