Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels (35193 Views)

Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) / Law Lecturer Pulls An April Fool Prank Test On His Students In UNICAL / Mbang Confidence Campaigns For SUG Elections In UNICAL With Free Football Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by hekola: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2022
Some guys go still suck the girls wey dey use this kind toilet poo...ewwn
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2022
Hehehe. My alma mater. Nobody uses the toilet relax.
We had to pay 20 naira to use the toilet behind Hall 9 or wait till we get to any bank in main campus.

We used to bathe very early or at night in the laundry room to escape the bathroom because if found, your mattress would be seized.

The only good bathrooms were the ones on the ground floor so you had to wait in line for someone to finish. It was a struggle.

My luck was getting scholarship hostel and enjoying my final year in a neat environment.

Hall 8 and Hall 9... grin

2 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2022
Unical very useless school grin
I'll advice one attends Nekede polytechnic than this sh*t of a school.

No wonder when unical students visit uniben e dey be like say dem dey small London grin

Very mumu-ish school. I go dey weep and cry for my enemy if he gain admission into this school

4 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by CelestineNelson: 8:55am On Jan 07, 2022
This is still better
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Champneys: 8:55am On Jan 07, 2022
Astagfirullilah! shocked shocked shocked

So all those babes rocking skimpy outfits and shaking small yansh all over the place, sit on those filthy things to poo or pee? cheesy

Abi nah shotput them dey do?
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by ObianujuAku1(f): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2022
ayade is a monumental failure
Apc na criminal party
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by AdmissionTipz(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2022
Benblaq:
Aeriel view of the hostel
how is this one aeriel na.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by smoke9910(m): 8:56am On Jan 07, 2022
That year 4 Hall four for unical. Na S. O. S we been dey do (sh.it on top sh.it). This is the female hostel and its much neater than the male. If you see the male hostel toilet, you go know say water Don pass garri

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by FILEBE(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2022
Students can be dirty sha. All students area doesn't need to be dirty.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Echara: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2022
Any hostel, in any school, whose toilet is dirty describes the students using it as pigs. What does it take to clean the toilet you use?

If the toilets are broken down, then it's a different thing, it's not their fault. They inform the relevant authorities immidiately.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Sonoyom(m): 8:59am On Jan 07, 2022
Malabor toilets in the news again, the problem is that most of the hostels are overpopulated, and the cleaners are very few. The pressure on the toilet facilities are enormous and maintenance are done only after protest from the students.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Echara: 8:59am On Jan 07, 2022
Any hostel, in any school, whose toilet is dirty describes the students using it as pigs. What does it take to clean the toilet you use?

If the toilets are broken down, then it's a different thing, it's not their fault. They inform the relevant authorities ASAP.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Ibegtodiffer: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2022
Plenty people, few Conveniences, hence more pressure on the facility.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by CHHng: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2022
Maintenance.....Can't they put themselves together and put that place in order? Very simple thing to do
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by SenecaTheYonger: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2022
Better than Nsukka

Lmao
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Psoul(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2022
Benblaq:
I went to see a friend today in the hostel and took a walk around the bathroom area. The last time I saw a bathroom this dirty was far back in the boarding house, I never knew we have the same here.

Meanwhile, malabites and malabresses have resorted to bathing outside the bathrooms (they stay in the quadrangle). Despite the increments the VC (first female VC) is bringing on a daily basis, the state of the toilets in the hostel is this terrible.

If you like, give them the type they are using in American White House, they will still mess it up especially the female users.
They are just like Policemen. Donate a new car to Police today. Come back in two months time and you will regret why u gave them the car. Same is applicable to where they live. They behave as if they are doing someone else good by keeping their house neat. So they will never maintain nor keep their houses clean.

You will see a menstruating student dropping her menstrual pad on the floor of the toilet. Meanwhile, she will be among those trying to avoid getting toilet infection.
Some will prefer urinating on the bare floor of the toilet to doing it inside the WC.
They are too dirty for my liking.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by pman096(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2022
The Government will build a standard facility for Nigerians to use, they will misuse it destroy it and complain again?..Talk about eating your cake and having it...I am pretty sure there are people here who have used a public toilet without flushing claiming ignorance or lack of water without any conscious effort to find water..
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by juman(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2022
Not good. Messy.

"Despite the increments the VC (first female VC) is bringing on a daily basis, the state of the toilets in the hostel is this terrible."

They have female VC. I expect better management of the school.
She should show some higher level of good leadership.
Mama VC, do well o.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by remitarich(f): 9:05am On Jan 07, 2022
if shit dey worry person, em no go fit shit am oooo
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by efealltymz(m): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Hall 3 (Uniben) na heaven compared to this grin
Hall 3 been cast like this before o. Especially around 2015/2016
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2022
This is my Ma's alma mater oh. She used to gist me how their accommodation then was well furnished with refrigerators, TVs and the likes. They even had access to free meals and laundry services.
This was back in the early 80s.

This generation of our parents and grandparents who served in government really messed up this country for us. Little wonder the very basic necessities of life seem to be a big deal to we the millennials in this shìt-hole. For every structure they erected in the village, every tuition they paid for their wards abroad, every car, vacation, every medical checkup - they would have had no business affording - if they had lived within their means; this is the consequence.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Nchenches: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
This is a standard toilet...you should know the chairman of that local government or VCain't here tho..
Write a letter to him telling him about the state of the toilet giving him 7 days ultimatum to fix up that toilet or else a protest is gonna take place and it wouldn't be funny..I think that way he is gonna do something about it rather that watching things like this happen in a hostel toilet that's supposed to be hygienic for people to poop at ease..

Poooh. Western education must become Haram in Nigeria?
What has local government area chairman got to do with the facilities of a federal University?
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Analyst7: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Blame the students. There's this animalistic mentality embedded in a student living in the school hostel. You expect the cleaners to come and be packing your faeces for you? It's not possible. Same toilets they'll repair and you'll spoil it after just few months.
That's why it's better to build toilet for each room as a hostel
Like that u can hold people responsible for their toilets not just general shit
As that toilet dirty reach am sure they pay maintenance money almost every session and shit won't be done
So school has their fault too

2 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by dingbang(m): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2022
Why people no go dey get gonorhea, syphillis, candidiasis and other yamayama diseases. God forbid.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by AmazingELixir: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2022
undecided

Op stop posting rubbish, so it the VC that will tutor the students on how to properly use the toilets and keep them clean.

Students generally behave like animals when it comes to using the toilets.

They should keep bathing outside that's what they deserve.
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by RALPHOW(m): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2022
They are running their churches 100% better than the way the president is running the country.

The fact is many Nigerians are loosing it. They can't think beyond going after pastors.

In what way has pastors prevented Nigeria from owning an airline
In what way do pastors prevent Nigeria from having industries.

Less than 0.0001% of pastors own Jets in Nigeria.

----but no, let us forget the over 70% that earn less than 50k/month and focus on the 0.0001% than own jets.

If you run your governments the way church leaders are running churches. Nigeria might be a Qatar right now.

In all these argument Canaanland has had stable electricity and water supply for its over 15,000 residents since 1999 and is already on the verge of converting waste to electricity.

RCCG is producing 25MW of electricity.

Yet your ... govt you pay compulsory tax, vat, CIT, Pet Tax has not been able to give you light decades after independence.

Living Faith has more than 25,000 Staff and has never owed any of them salary!
Yet your state govt that collects Allocation plus Tax cannot pay full salary.

Living Faith, a single Church, is schooling 16 thousand of your Citizens in Higher institutions and many more at primary and Secondary levels yet you think you have the capacity to waggle your tongue

I went for Shiloh all through and stayed in the staff quarters, yet it was electricity all through; for one second, water did not go off in spite of thousands that were present.

On a normal day you won't walk 20 metres before you find a segregated bin to dispose your waste.

The entire area was fully covered by different layers of Security with multiple CCTV and IoT enabled barrier gates.

And yet your Abuja, capital of the Nation does not have CCTV yet you open your .... mouth to talk down on pastors!

Between the guy that calls himself Area father and Bishop David Oyedepo Ministries International who resigned a federal job and started a Church of 3 people and has widened it to over 6,000 churches globally, over 200 schools, 2 hospitals, Over 1000 hectares farm for livestock and crop, Another farm in Igbesa and CU.

With 15,000 housing Estate in progress,
Water factories,
Zeolite factory,
One Research center,
a scholarship fund,
Beverage factories,
10 million books,
Publishing house,
Radio Station etc

who has had more impact or who will have better capacity to govern the nation...??

Canaanland hosts hundreds of thousands of people every week yet no stampede ever.
Government gathered people at stadium for recruitment exercise and before it even began, many were dead!

Living Faith already has a master plan till 2032
yet govt does not have a plan for 2020!

You know Illogicality is the trademark of most Africans. They fail to think beyond their prejudices and sentiments hence Africa has remained on the ground.

Can we imagine how developed the nation would have been if we have people with the right mindset at the helm of the nation’s affairs?

God bless all our pastors.

THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH THEIR TONGUE."

- Dele Momodu
#DeleMomodu #lagosstate #BuhariHasFailed #Nigeria #corruption #nehemiahtalkpoint #SamAdeyemi #OpeyemiOjoNehemiah

https://www.opinionnigeria.com/nigerian-pastors-by-dele-momodu/

2 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by RPG2020(m): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2022
Dirty students angry
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by RALPHOW(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2022
They are running their churches 100% better than the way the president is running the country.

The fact is many Nigerians are loosing it. They can't think beyond going after pastors.

In what way has pastors prevented Nigeria from owning an airline
In what way do pastors prevent Nigeria from having industries.

Less than 0.0001% of pastors own Jets in Nigeria.

----but no, let us forget the over 70% that earn less than 50k/month and focus on the 0.0001% than own jets.

If you run your governments the way church leaders are running churches. Nigeria might be a Qatar right now.

In all these argument Canaanland has had stable electricity and water supply for its over 15,000 residents since 1999 and is already on the verge of converting waste to electricity.

RCCG is producing 25MW of electricity.

Yet your ... govt you pay compulsory tax, vat, CIT, Pet Tax has not been able to give you light decades after independence.

Living Faith has more than 25,000 Staff and has never owed any of them salary!
Yet your state govt that collects Allocation plus Tax cannot pay full salary.

Living Faith, a single Church, is schooling 16 thousand of your Citizens in Higher institutions and many more at primary and Secondary levels yet you think you have the capacity to waggle your tongue

I went for Shiloh all through and stayed in the staff quarters, yet it was electricity all through; for one second, water did not go off in spite of thousands that were present.

On a normal day you won't walk 20 metres before you find a segregated bin to dispose your waste.

The entire area was fully covered by different layers of Security with multiple CCTV and IoT enabled barrier gates.

And yet your Abuja, capital of the Nation does not have CCTV yet you open your .... mouth to talk down on pastors!

Between the guy that calls himself Area father and Bishop David Oyedepo Ministries International who resigned a federal job and started a Church of 3 people and has widened it to over 6,000 churches globally, over 200 schools, 2 hospitals, Over 1000 hectares farm for livestock and crop, Another farm in Igbesa and CU.

With 15,000 housing Estate in progress,
Water factories,
Zeolite factory,
One Research center,
a scholarship fund,
Beverage factories,
10 million books,
Publishing house,
Radio Station etc

who has had more impact or who will have better capacity to govern the nation...??

Canaanland hosts hundreds of thousands of people every week yet no stampede ever.
Government gathered people at stadium for recruitment exercise and before it even began, many were dead!

Living Faith already has a master plan till 2032
yet govt does not have a plan for 2020!

You know Illogicality is the trademark of most Africans. They fail to think beyond their prejudices and sentiments hence Africa has remained on the ground.

Can we imagine how developed the nation would have been if we have people with the right mindset at the helm of the nation’s affairs?

God bless all our pastors.

THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH THEIR TONGUE."

- Dele Momodu

2 Likes

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:10am On Jan 07, 2022
Nchenches:

Poooh. Western education must become Haram in Nigeria?
What has local government area chairman got to do with the facilities of a federal University?
Sorry you should understand my comment was directed at them looking for a solution.. whether or not it has nothing to do with federal University my point was solution to the issue on ground..
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by aminusodiq(m): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Hall 3 (Uniben) na heaven compared to this grin
boss are a student of Uniben? My brother is an applicant and I’ll like to connect with you
Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by Feelings79: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2022
YourFavorite21:
The last time it was OAU then, UNN-Nsukka and today its Unical grin grin
I studied at ABU Zaria and I know how the cleaners were a hundred percent dedicated to their jobs leading to very decent toilets and the entire campus.Sometimes it's down to our individual attitudes and honesty.I'm waiting for uploads on the state of things in the northern universities,l mean the far north

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2022
Rilwayne001:

Because the VC dey shit there right? And Na him dey mismanage the place dey shit anyhow.

This our mentality sef!
That was a solution.. grin
Can't you see the state of the toilet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Lecturer's Epic Response To A Student.(pics) / Can Anyone Explain Why Gas Cylinder Comes With A Net / UNILORIN Before And Now (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.