Stats: 3,150,741 members, 7,809,834 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office (18770 Views)

Obasanjo To Nigerians: Don’t Expect Anything More From Buhari / Arewa Youth To South-West: Don’t Expect Us To Hand Over To You In 2023 / Sowore Mobbed By Excited Family Members And Nigerians After His Release (2) (3) (4)

Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by NwaNimo1(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2022
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said that he’s not “expecting any appreciation” from Nigerians after the end of his regime. cheesy

He said this in an interview with NTA aired on Thursday.

However, Buhari said he would love to be remembered as a president who gave his best.

He said, “I’ve been a governor, a minister, and I’m in my second term as president. So, I’ve gone through all the systems, and what else can I do for this country?

“I’ve given my best, and I hope after I leave, Nigerians will reflect. I’m not expecting any appreciation but what I’m expecting is for Nigerians to say this man has done his best. That’s what I’m expecting from Nigerians.”

Buhari also lamented the stress associated with the Office of the President, saying that “age is telling” on him.

He said, “About my age, I see my colleagues, they are now resting, and I assure you that I look forward to the next 17 months when I too will be less busy,“ he said.

“The age is telling on me, working now for six, seven to eight hours per day in the office is no joke — there are questions of the executive council, memos from as many states as possible to be considered virtually every week. Really, it’s a lot of hard work, but as I’ve said, I asked for it and I cannot complain.

“I have been a governor, I have been a minister, and I’m in my second term as president. So, I’ve gone through all the systems, and really, what else can I do for this country? I have given my best.”

https://punchng.com/i-dont-expect-appreciation-from-nigerians-after-leaving-office-buhari/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by Totilopussylick(m): 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2022
Cows will appreciate your efforts undecided

279 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by emetisuccess(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
Who get ur time?

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by tutudesz: 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2022
Appre-what undecided
“age is telling” on you undecided we force you to contest

160 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by NwaNimo1(m): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2022

190 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by paramakina202: 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
Buhari will be remembered as the president Nigeria shouldn't have had.

275 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by DaniDani(m): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Appreciation kee you there!

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by dollytino4real(f): 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
ur aadvisers advice u well on dis one

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by Anazp: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by kennyade3h: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
K
Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by SultanOfPuna: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Come, Make I Give You Small Appreciation

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Na stone we go take stone you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by Digmygold: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Kai! Thunder fire...!

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by condralbedez: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Before Nko Although vulturebbqgrills and his Darling Daddy crews will have to miss you,if not for anything,but for the piece of rotten vulture meat you do give to them!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by nairaman66(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ogun kee you Buhari! Useless talkative

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by Stevenson20: 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
What wants to appreciate a failure grin grin

Nigerians became poorer under your watch. Shit one side abeg

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
If you deserve any accolades or appreciation, it let for individual Nigerians to know if you truly deserved it or not base on individual experiences and perceptions.

I will not speak for anybody on sensitive issue of this nature. Make anybody no com stoned me together with anybody, like Patience Jonathan say; dey should stoned them that time.
Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
What's up with the Buhari thread these days na? undecided

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by KoshCAD: 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Who wants to appreciate you before?

Appreciate you for what exactly.

Is it for how your jobless son spoil 50million power bike.

Is it how bokoharam and bandits have killed thousands of people.

Is it the way you waste money in london hospital or how your travel around.

Is it how you put the country to dept or which appreciation are you begging for?

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by Gboyeboy(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Who wants to appreciate failure?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by socialmediaman: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by letitrainnow(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Knowledge is information, understanding is analysis, and wisdom is application. People are detained or stagnant in life because they are not detailed. You need understanding to know what to do to step out to the next level.

- Bishop David Abioye

...check my signature now for the way forward.

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by saasala(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Osinwin president

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by jeff1993: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Who wan appreciate u sef

Mtscheeeeeeeee ..... Imagine bread and beans wey I fit chop with 300 and I go belleful before now if I no hold 550-600 ... I no go fit chop am

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by gurunlocker: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
This man should be given the award of "Best in not giving a fvck" grin grin grin

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by publicenemy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Come to my area in Lagos let us appreciate you...
Don't come with your security oo....

17 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by publicenemy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
grin angry
Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by EMIRofPUSSY: 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2022

Buhari actually said the truth on this one.

One notorious vulture griller has been showering encomiums on him for years on Nairaland.

That is more than enough already.

The rest of us don't give a damn fück.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by chaberry(m): 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Retire man

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by hatchy(f): 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Why not? You'll be appreciated and remembered as the most clueless, uninformed, unintelligent, retrogressive, nepotistic, religious bigoted and a Dundee president Nigeria ever had.

29 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Just fvck off abeg...

My Suspension Cannot Stand - Jibrin / "El-Rufai Needs Psychiatric Test" – Shehu Sani Writes Hospital / Autonomy For State Legislatures, Judiciary: Buhari, Governors Meet In Aso Rock