Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? (1174 Views)

Poll: Who is more to blame for this marital crisis?

Anthony Weiner (husband): 25% (2 votes)
Huma Abedin (Wife): 25% (2 votes)
Both: 37% (3 votes)
Neither: 12% (1 vote)
Devil: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Pls Come In And Judge This Case BTW I And My Man / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? / Judge This Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by pslm23(f): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2011
I'm posting this topic in the family section because it involves a family and i want to know what the couples on this forum think.
Many of us have already heard about the "weinergate" scandal that has hit the US house of reps recently. He was married to an Indian/Pakistani Muslim, he is Jewish. They've been married for 10 or 11 months and are expecting their first child now.
In the 10-11 months since they've been married, she has not spent a full month at home with her husband because she's travelling all over the world with her boss (Hilary Clinton). She comes home for a week or 2 and then it's bye again.
My question here is, is the man 100% to blame for his se.xting crimes or does the wife have culpability in it too.
They say an idle mind is the devil's playground. Men have needs and i think his wife should have at least stayed home long enough to establish her home. He was lonely and he reached out to the world of internet and se.xting.
What do y'all think?
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
If she's only spent little time with him then They both have problems jare.
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
I feel her job comes way before her husband, home and unborn child in the priority stakes. I don't condone cheating, but in this instance, I can hardly blame her husband for seeking solace elsewhere, via the 'net or in person.
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^True. I mean if this man say for instance only slept with her after their wedding proper and she's spent only a few weeks with him, then I will be fair here.

I myself don't condone cheating but in a case like these, when both parties should be enjoying their honeymoon the woman is busy running around the world with Hilary? mbanu undecided
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by minute(f): 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2011
His wife is partly responsible if she knew about his marital indiscretions

and didn't try to stop him.

Its on the record that Mrs. Huma Abedin tolerated his sexting before and

during thier marriage,and she should have told him to cut it out.

Now his career's on the rocks.
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by armyofone(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2011
why wasnt he se.xting with his wife faraway? those things he did with other women, he could have channeled to Huma.
it is so conflicting you know, women are trying hard to build a life of their own (modern day woman) and still play wife. i guess since the man is making real good money, she should have stayed at home and wait for Michele Obama dinner list of congressional wives undecided undecided
well, he played too far.
she is just starting her career. he should have been traveling with her. afterall that's what women do.
for a young woman, working with older women is not funny sha.
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2011
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by OAM4J: 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2011
OP, you are making a serious point. I don't blame him 100%
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by Nekai(f): 4:45am On Jun 18, 2011
He married her with the full knowledge that she had this career. Yes, I blame him. I'm sure she travelled the same way before he married her.
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by obowunmi(m): 7:03am On Jun 18, 2011
He got married at 45, nothing new. You know something is wrong with a man, when it takes him that long to get married. Huma, learn from Hilary and deal with it baby girl. Stop being stingy with ur p.u.ssyi.
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by blank(f): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
I wonder why he didn't send such pictures to his wife?! Why to a random stranger. Now his career is ruined. Useless man. I blame him 100%.
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by Outstrip(f): 1:36am On Jun 19, 2011
I think we are comparing our marriages to theirs. It is a very different situation. Many congress men/women are gone most of the time. The same for military men and women. when you marry someone like that you need to make those kinds of sacrifices. Many military people are deployed for 12 months sometimes and the husband or wife keeps things going. They simply need to be creative about how they keep the fires burning. For these two people the long absences are justified. It is not really suprising that he was caught doing what he was doing but even Obama's relationship probably went through periods of long absences and they are still together today. I believe that Wiener and his wife can make this work if they choose to. It is totally up to his wife she wants to give his cheating as.s another chance
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by desthan(m): 8:26am On Jun 19, 2011
Outstrip:

I think we are comparing our marriages to theirs. It is a very different situation. Many congress men/women are gone most of the time. The same for military men and women. when you marry someone like that you need to make those kinds of sacrifices. Many military people are deployed for 12 months sometimes and the husband or wife keeps things going. They simply need to be creative about how they keep the fires burning. For these two people the long absences are justified. It is not really suprising that he was caught doing what he was doing but even Obama's relationship probably went through periods of long absences and they are still together today. I believe that Wiener and his wife can make this work if they choose to. It is totally up to his wife she wants to give his cheating behind another chance
well spoken,
Re: What Is Your Candid Opinion Of This Case? by ifyalways(f): 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2011
Misplaced priorities.Both of them messed up but they can get out of this and still remain together if they choose.

(1) (Reply)

Am Too Months Into Marital Life Today,what Internet Has Brought 2geda / No Marry If U No Get Money O! / Can You Do This To Your Mom??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.