Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year (29583 Views)

FG Completes And Switch On Zungeru Hydro Power Plant , Adds 624 MW To Grid / Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by jornwhite: 8:39am On Jan 07, 2022
omenkaLives:
A very close friend worked on this project and shared very interesting pictures with me over a year ago.

It's a massive project indeed and these images sure don't do justice to its magnitude.

God bless Nigeria.

Watch how those who HATE to hear anything good in their lives still find a way to wail over this.

Pls do you know when the project construction started .... just want to know the time frame it takes
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Lindajames1010: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2022
Open for business

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by winterfell007(m): 8:48am On Jan 07, 2022
CSTRR:

Buhari has borrowed more than all of them combined..

What he lacked in oil prices, he has made up for it in debt.
There is no real difference.

And oil prices are no longer low.

So that excuse is not strong anymore.
Don't mind those fools. they keep giving flimsy excuses. Oil prices have picked up
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by KingAzari: 8:50am On Jan 07, 2022
sammhi:

Stop lying
Which manufacturing sector did you belong ?
Pls give us the name and address , location of your manufacturing company!
Many manufacturing companies have Closed down or operating at below capacity due to lack of raw materials or high operating cost or both !

Seriously? grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Shievoola(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2022
One thing I realized about Buhari is that you can't have everything.
He may have fall short in some areas but why I love him is because of his genuine interest to bequeath Nigeria with massive infrastructure legacy.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by vedaxcool(m): 8:56am On Jan 07, 2022
CSTRR:

Oil prices were low for a time, but they are no longer low.

And when they were low, buhari augumented it with serious debt.
More debt than any leader in our history.

The money is not coming from his pocket.
It's still Nigeria that will pay for it.

grin grin grin oil prices remain low relatively. The prices just changed not even up to year.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by weljewel: 8:57am On Jan 07, 2022
Praise God
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by sammhi(m): 9:01am On Jan 07, 2022
KingAzari:

Seriously? grin grin grin grin
Is manufacturing company a hidden project or something
Let's know what and where his manufacturing is
We all know where Dangote , Nestle etc are so pls tell us yours
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by KB9ice(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2022
Sannisege:
Can’t it be built with potopoto in SE? Or is the potopoto only useful as IPOB swimming pool?
ABEG NO USE LAUGH KILL PERSON
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by verbalbullet(m): 9:06am On Jan 07, 2022
How pls? Pls share more light on this. Thank you.
Mrkumareze:
Nice one. More attention should paid to our distributing companies.. they are the father of scam and failure in this country..
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by juman(m): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2022
Lies from liars.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by techWriter3: 9:12am On Jan 07, 2022
know one black man mindset.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by juman(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2022
Shievoola:
One thing I realized about Buhari is that you can't have everything.
He may have fall short in some areas but why I love him is because of his genuine interest to bequeath Nigeria with massive infrastructure legacy.

Massive what?
What he has done so far is nothing massive.

We need leaders that will modernize the country.
APC and PDP are not the answer.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by lapazi(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Nice one. More attention should paid to our distributing companies.. they are the father of scam and failure in this country..

Distribution is actually the major cause of epileptic power supply in this country!
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by KingAzari: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2022
sammhi:

Is manufacturing company a hidden project or something
Let's know what and where his manufacturing is
We all know where Dangote , Nestle etc are so pls tell us yours

Sorry comrade, I can't but the bottom line is that our output has grown from 750 million units pre-covid lockdown to about 1.5 billion units pa post-covid. Price of items, input costs and other variables have increased but it's not peculiar to Nigeria. All in all, our economy is expanding and there is GDP growth. Stop wailing about what you know nothing about. The industry players know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Bigcowhorn: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2022
RichDad1:

Do you even know what a hydro power plant is ?
Check and see how you’re disgracing yourself.

If i don't know why not enlighten me?
Your mates are talking Nuclear power and you with ancient technology is bragging

I repeat my question, what happened to Nsukka?
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by AntonVince: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2022
CSTRR:

Buhari has borrowed more than all of them combined..

What he lacked in oil prices, he has made up for it in debt.
There is no real difference.

And oil prices are no longer low.

So that excuse is not strong anymore.

God bless you!
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

It has been agreed years ago that those neighboring African countries won’t dam the water. That’s why Nigeria is giving them some electricity, in return. More so, those neighboring African countries don’t have money to build hydroelectric dam.
true... But most Nigerians think the free electricity we are giving them is for know purpose!

Countries are wok now and can access funds for that but they are paying solidarity to Nigeria.

I wish most Nigerians can get actually informed.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2022
murmee:
But no other country in the whole of West Africa has the huge amount of Gas that Nigeria is flaring away.

If we build thermal power stations near the gas site, Nigeria will have more than enough electricity to use and to sell to more neighboring countries.

The mistake Nigeria is making is to build Thermal power stations far away from the gas that would generate electricity.

That is why the pipelines connecting gas to the stations are prone to frequent vandalisations.

God has blessed this country with natural resources but we don't make good use of them!
Gas isn't renewable energy and it's availability is quite finite.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by 3ple9ine(m): 9:38am On Jan 07, 2022
Nice project
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Torylanez(m): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2022
CSTRR:

Who were those governing in 16 years?

Aliens?
Is the vast majority of the APC not part of the 16 years?

Is El rufai, amaechi, and over 80% of the current apc not part of the 16 years?

Apart from Buhari and the tinubu ACN, who is in APC that was not in pdp before?

Are you saying Jonathan could not have emerged under the APC?

The difference is the leader, not the party.

And beside, the economics are getting worse.
Atleast, quality of life should remain where apc met it, so we know there is hope for improvement.

Apart from Amaechi and el rufai , list the remaining 80% of PDP in apc

According to u , only 20% of apc are not PDP

Please list at least 80 pdp members , top ones in APC

We are waiting for u
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Torylanez(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2022
venabili:

How come u type exactly what i was about to reply?
I keep hearing low oil prices when oil is hugging 80 dollars steadily nowadays. And what he lacked in oil revenue during the low oil price days, he has made up for in heavy borrowing.

I know a lot of people and his apologist says he has done a lot, and maybe he has indeed. We can see roads and railways. This hydro project is another. But its just not showing in ways that matter.

When unemployment jumps from 9% to 33%, the same dollar you campaigned with as bad at 197 is now over 410 and inflation is now in double digits, these are what people see and this is what affect their lives closely.

I am waiting for any of the apologist to explain why dollar at 410 is ok when Buhari said its unacceptable at 197? Or where subsidy came from when he said it was a scam before?

And he should remove the damn subsidy. Its bleeding the country at the expense of powerful smugglers. And they should scuttle the planned transportation stipend. Thats just an avenue to steal.

Same.reason dollar price was ok under your darling PDP at 197 , while they met the dollar at 17naira in 1999

Your hypocrisy de Waka naked for potopoto republic
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by uniquetechng: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2022
vedaxcool:
This is under low oil prices and unprecedented global challenges. Failure is the name PDthieves should be addressed with. They squandered developmental opportunity!
You should rather be worried about how meager 700MW cost $1.3billion , imagine a country of 240m people celebrating 700MW when South Africa with population of 58 million people is generating 280,000MW.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Torylanez(m): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2022
Kingmena1:
I run POS centers in Lagos, I am looking for a partner who will put 100k in and get back 20k everymonth (10k part of your initial money and 10k returns on investment (ROI) every month) for 10 months contact me with the number below in my profile

E ku scamming o

Format yen lagbara o
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by omenkaLives(m): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2022
jornwhite:

Pls do you know when the project construction started .... just want to know the time frame it takes
Groundbreaking was done in 2013 he said, but it was long abandoned.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Reference(m): 9:47am On Jan 07, 2022
Good one.
We should think green energy particularly renewables.
With a coastline of more than a thousand kilometres we have enough offshore wind resources to power this country.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Springboot: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2022
Quality20:
but why wasn't d dam built in Nsukka or any other biafran town

This is the important of education, instead of wasting your life on social media, please go to school. Hydro Dam in Nsukka??
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by errigdee: 10:00am On Jan 07, 2022
see all this used China products... naija sef nor go ever wise sha
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by codemaniacs: 10:00am On Jan 07, 2022
Hammyaladin:
most of them don't even know that Niger water is from neighboring African countries. And if those countries decides to dam them.... We are bleeped.

Northern Nigeria will be f**ked not southern Nigeria..
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by codemaniacs: 10:09am On Jan 07, 2022
ensamy:
We have Agbokim waterfall in Cross River state year in year out wasting, why can't federal government with all this Chinese loans site a hydo electric power station there
The power of the waterfall is stronger than any such in Niger state. Clueless.

Rivers supply the land with nutrients to maintain the vegetation of the land.. if many dams are built in southern Nigeria then many parts of southern Nigeria will start experiencing desertification..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Tboymessiah(m): 10:14am On Jan 07, 2022
AlphaAlex:
do you know the Nature of Chinese loans at all ?

How does it work?
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by uniquetechng: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2022
Torylanez:

Apart from Amaechi and el rufai , list the remaining 80% of PDP in apc

According to u , only 20% of apc are not PDP

Please list at least 80 pdp members , top ones in APC

We are waiting for u
Ganduje was two term senstor under PDP, Audu Ogbeh, Ita Enang, Bagudu , Goje , Abdullhi Adamu , Akpabio , Akume, Rochas Okorocha , Adamu Aliero, Udoma Udo Udoma , Chris Ngige , Andy Uba, Dariye , Ajimobi , Segun Oni and of Amosun were all in PDP before cross-carpeting to APC to become saints .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Bars 113 Vessels From Lifting Its Crude Oil / BIAFRA Vs Buratai: International Rights Group Release Evidence Against Army. / Buhari Picks 15 Special Advisers, Writes Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.