Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,747 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Falling Prostrate Before Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Prostrate Before Jesus (169 Views)

Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? / Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Falling Prostrate Before Jesus by MyCatholicLife: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2022

It happened that there was a man full of leprosy in one of the towns where Jesus was; and when he saw Jesus, he fell prostrate, pleaded with him, and said, “Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean.” Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, “I do will it. Be made clean.” Luke 5:12–13a

Once again, we have the image of falling prostrate before our Lord. This time it’s by a leper. But just this past week, as we celebrated the Epiphany, we were reminded of the three Magi from the East who also came to adore Christ and fell prostrate before Him.

Perhaps we all would like to see ourselves as the Magi, coming to seek out Christ as individuals who are prestigious and admired by others in society. The Magi would certainly have been seen that way. However, we should not fail to also see ourselves as similar to this leper who came to Jesus in his weakness and frailty, falling down before our Lord begging for mercy. No, we may not have leprosy, literally, but we do all come to Jesus sick and in need of His mercy and healing touch.

Notice what Jesus did. He “stretched out His hand, touched him,” and then healed him. Jesus did not hesitate, He did not treat the leper with any disdain, nor did He lack the least bit of compassion. Jesus immediately poured forth His healing grace into the leper’s life.

As we draw close to the conclusion of the Christmas season with the coming celebration of the Baptism of the Lord, we should be reminded that we have all been touched by Christ in Baptism. This “touch” continues throughout our lives. It is a touch that sanctifies and transforms. It’s a touch that heals and consoles. Let yourself experience Jesus’ mercy by coming to Him with humility as you acknowledge your need for grace. Do not be afraid to abandon yourself before Him, knowing for certain that He will not hesitate for a moment to reach out and offer you the abundance of His mercy.

Lord, if You wish, You can make me clean. If You wish, You can heal me, forgive me, strengthen me and love me. I thank You in advance because I know that You do desire and choose to bless me in these and in every other way that I need. Thank You for Your mercy and grace and thank You for accepting me in my weakness. I love You, my Lord, and I do choose to fall down prostrate before You in love and adoration. Jesus, I trust in You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqgXSLufYIU
Re: Falling Prostrate Before Jesus by AntiChristian: 6:41am On Jan 08, 2022
Is this the reason Catholics fall prostrate to graven images of Mary and Jesus?

But Jesus and many others were also seen prostrating to their Lord in the Bible.

Prostration has been one of the subtle way of worshiping God from the time of Abraham, Moses, Jesus till now. Those who abuse Muslims of head slamming have nothing to stand on as many notable people did same in the Bible.

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

2. Abram: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)

3. Abraham:"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)

4. Moses: "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:cool

5. Moses & Aaron:“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)

6. Moses & Aaron:"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)

7. Ezra and his People: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)

8. Joshua: "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

9. A Prophet: "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:cool

10 Jehoshaphat: "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)

11. A Prophet:"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)

Why not follow them to prostrate to the Lord?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

God Of Chosen Has Plucked Another Riped Muslim Fruit From The North / We need more Churches with The Right Motives / Fasting And Praying Day 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.