Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight (30600 Views)

Funmi Awelewa Jubilates As Cristiano Ronaldo Views Her Insta Story / Funmi Awelewa ‘Tattoos’ Cristiano Ronaldo On Her Thigh (Photos, Video) / Funmi Awelewa: "I Chose Acting Because I Can't Do Olosho" (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by FeedMeNews: 6:49am On Jan 08, 2022
Actress Funmi Awelewa has cried out over her mother’s health condition, recalling how she put her career on hold to take care of her, Igbere TV reports.

In an Instagram post on Thursday, Funmi revealed that her mum is battling a sickness that has affected her sight, causing blindness to the woman. The Yoruba movie star also lamented that watching her going through such pain is frustrating.

“The last few months were tough for me but I’m grateful God gave my mother another chance. At a point, I lost my mind and I couldn’t find a better word to describe how I felt… Seeing one’s mother going through so much pain can be frustrating. As if it wasn’t enough for a mother that lost her sight long time ago.

“Seeing her in so much pain made me sad and affected everything that surrounds me. It affected my career, I stopped going to the location since last year July because I concentrated on taking care of her. It also affected my business cuz I keep going from one hospital to another Trust me, I turned down many Party invites, some of my colleagues think that I am proud or I don’t want to mingle not knowing that I have what I am battling with which is my MOTHER’S HEALTH.

“What is my Joy when my mother is in so much pain. I so much love my family and I don’t joke with them but trust me the last few months have changed a lot about Me. Is it the money I spend daily? Or the “every 2hours drugs” Hmmm It is well.
I can’t complain, we can’t complain,” she wrote.

The actress also expressed gratitude to God and prayed for the restoration of her mother’s sight.

“I’m grateful to God she made it alive. My family is grateful God. My only wish to God is to “PLEASE GIVE THIS WOMAN A CHANCE TO SEE AGAIN EVEN IF ITS JUST FOR 5MINS JUST TO SEE WHAT HER DAUGHTER HAS BECOME. Thanks to everyone that reach out!2022, I’m ready for the good things you have for me and my family,” she wrote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0MHH07gLG0

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZ9dctICDL/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Anigreat: 6:52am On Jan 08, 2022
shocked

The worst sickness ever is someone losing his or her sight.

I remember when my paternal grandmother lose her sight, it was a terrible experience and so heartbreaking to see once a vibrant and a hardworking woman being inside the house 24/7, wriggle in pains; all medication administered to her seems not to be workingcry Blessed God, he took her to heaven , he didn't allowed her to suffer much in this world. She was such a good woman.

May God of heaven heal you beloved mother, and make her regain her sight .

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by sorextee(m): 6:54am On Jan 08, 2022
Mehn, so sad. I pray she regains her sight.

15 Likes

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Karemarealty288(m): 6:57am On Jan 08, 2022
Chai sorry Mama, you will be healed in Jesus name Amen.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by expertman(m): 6:59am On Jan 08, 2022
Oh my God this is heart broken .

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Idiko1: 7:09am On Jan 08, 2022
Nigeria in particular and Africa in general are avoidable jokes. If this lady hails from a certain place on earth, the sickness could be cured when detected early.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by gasparpisciotta: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2022
Diabetes mellitus

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by talk2hb1(m): 7:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

The worst sickness ever is someone losing his or her sight.

I remember when my paternal grandmother lose her sight, it was a terrible experience and so heartbreaking to see once a vibrant and a hardworking woman being inside the house 24/7. Blessed God, he took her to heaven , he didn't allowed her to suffer much in this world. She was such a good woman.

May God of heaven heal you beloved mother, and make her regain her sight .
Glaucoma I guess?

1 Like

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by money121(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by slawormiir: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Wish her quick recovery
Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by grogolin: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
And the idiot op could not warn us of the graphic photo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by GIANTPLUSHUB: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
Mheen! Wish her quickest recovery.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Amuluonyenaego: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
Chaii, it pains

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by iCauseTrouble: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
May God heal her mother. Blindness is a terrible disease

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by princeemmma(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
oh! there is nothing God can not do

3 Likes

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Newyorkitis(m): 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
I pray for healing, God's willing.

2 Likes

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by AmazingELixir: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
undecided

Everything they will post online all these tactless Indomie generations sef.

Oya let social media heal her...mtchwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Princessogaraya(f): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
Quick recovery ma
Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Lolachef(f): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
Glaucoma turned my vibrant and hardworking father to a blind man.

1 Like

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Uyi168: 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
but, actresses plenty for this our country oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by YoungLionken(m): 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
I supposed you must have made quite a fortune from your career as an entertainer, so use from it to take good medical care of her..

I suspect glaucoma( incurable except a miracle happens) in her case though...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Lolachef(f): 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
Glaucoma turned my vibrant and hardworking father to a blind man.

Always go for eye test.

Check ur eyes pressure.

7 Likes

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Stomest: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
Village people
Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Mophor: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
embarassed embarassed embarassedSo sad to hear that!!!
Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by visijo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2022
If you're having a bad day, remember, there are people out there who have their ex's name tattooed on themselves. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by Hisbah6: 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
savege:
So sad

1 Like

Re: Funmi Awelewa's Mother Loses Her Sight by DamnnNiggarr: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Suleiman And Linda Ejiofor's Court Wedding Photos / Rita Edochie Dedicates Her Birthday To Atiku, Prays He Reclaims Mandate / Eucharia Anunobi Supports Premarital Sex For Engaged Couples (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.