Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP (9417 Views)

LP: We Regret Making Peter Obi Our Presidential Candidate – Apapa-faction / They Have Stolen Our Presidential, Guber Mandates - LP's Kenneth Okonkwo / APC Govs Begging Jonathan, Promising Him Automatic Ticket - PDP Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Kwanza: 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
January 8, 2022

Press Statement

2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket -PDP

The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been drawn to comments and speculations from certain individuals claiming that our Party has zoned its Presidential ticket to a particular part of the country.

This is completely misleading as it does not in any way represent the position of our Party.

For the avoidance of doubt, the PDP emphatically and unequivocally states that it has not zoned it Presidential ticket to any part of the country.

The PDP is a political party founded on democratic principles and every action of the Party, including zoning, is based on extensive consultations, discussions and consideration of all the issues as well as the various tendencies and interests across the nation, with the main objective of ensuring that the unity, peaceful co-existence and development of our nation are reinforced and promoted.

The PDP therefore urges Nigerians, our teeming members and supporters to completely disregard the unfounded zoning claims as being peddled. Our Party also cautions those behind the claims to desist forthwith.

The PDP thanks Nigerians across board for the overwhelming interest they have in our Party as their sure platform to Rescue and Rebuild our nation from misrule and urges them to remain united and focused as we join forces for the task ahead.

Signed:

Hon. Debo Ologunagba
National Publicity Secretary
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=456616126037001&id=100050658511735

1 Like

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Truthisunique2: 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Because you all agreed to leave it open to all

I wonder what apc would agree on zoning

Still struggling to agree on date to meet

5 Likes

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Biggie2000(m): 1:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Zone it to Nairaland, we have capable men here.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Finquas: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
Babangida Aliyu is gradually becoming a machinery for peddling fake news!!

27 Likes

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Moferere: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
Finquas:
Babangida Aliyu is gradually becoming a machinery for peddling fake news!!
Are you just knowing?
An average Nigerian is a purveyor of fake news

11 Likes

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by omenkaLives(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
Over the dead body of the owners of pdp to zone the ticket to that zone where they have their most slavish and diehard supporters and members.

They would rather zone it a million and one times to the North, West or South South, than give those people a chance.

No one HATES them more than the party they love so much, yet they feel entitled to the APC ticket. Witchcraft I call it. smiley

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by OfficialAwol(m): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
omenkaLives:
Over the dead body of the owners of pdp to zone the ticket to that zone where they have their most slavish and diehard supporters and members.

They would rather zone it a million and one times to the North, West or South South, than give those people a chance.

No one HATES them more than the party they love so much, yet they feel entitled to the APC ticket. Witchcraft I call it. smiley

If I were you, I would preoccupy myself with making sure that Benue people are not extaminated from the face of the earth.

But a quick question...where do you stand?

For Tinubu?

Or for north to retain power so that the remnants of Tic people can be finished up?

Wetin really be your own?

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by OfficialAwol(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
When Tinubu urchins were masturbating on Babaginda Aliyu thread I was just laughing at their foolishness and empty brains.

They were foaming in the mouth how PDP does not rate the SE instead of concentrating on their drug baron old idiot who is fighting the political battle of his life in APC.

Las las, like Awolowo and Abiola before him, Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by JAMO84: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
PDP can only deceive their Dundees

Their candidate will come from the north. I am pretty sure it will be Tambuwal

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by agulion: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
OfficialAwol:
When Tinubu urchins were masturbating on Babaginda Aliyu thread I was just laughing at their foolishness and empty brains.

They were foaming in the mouth how PDP does not rate the SE instead of concentrating on their drug baron old idiot who is fighting the political battle of his life in APC.

Las las, like Awolowo and Abiola before him, Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria.
, don't many them all this local Yoruba Muslims are very mischivious, skull miners

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by MuchAdo: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
Okay

South must produce the next president.

Only piggiddiootts on NL hold a different opinion.

A president from the south will restore the nation to the path of greatness.

Atiku won't get PDP ticket. That's for sure.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by IGOSLAPYOU(f): 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
We southeast people don't want Nigeria presidency.

Give us biafra.

Biafra or death.

South-south should support okowa for presidency.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by 29slayers(f): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
Lol.... funny people,
Funny govt
Funny political party grin
Check my bio for legit IG hokup

1 Like

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by bigdammyj: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
Noted
Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Anigreat: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
shocked

I am going to be the best candidate of our dear party
Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Oysters(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
Zone am come my house, abeg. E get wetin I wan show Nigerians. undecided
Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by RichDad1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
Yes. But it’s 100% certain the Igbos are not getting it. cool

6 Likes

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by iwaeda: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Urbanchampion: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2022
Game of chess, I pity
Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by kponkedenge(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
OfficialAwol:

Even if it was zoned to the North, I don't see anything there for them to gloat about.

Is it not the same SW that rallied around an incompetent Northerner in the person of Buhari, over a fellow southerner? So they can play second fiddle to the North and hope to win the presidency after he's done?

If the SE rallies around a Northerner, over a fellow Southerner in the person of a SWtner.... I see nothing wrong there.... they can mock and laugh all they like.... they are just being paid in their own coin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Victorclean1: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
This a divided house. Fulani trying their best to retain the power from Bihari to Atiku, to prevent the other tribe from undoing the evil they planted.

If it's Afunja people that is more in PDP, they'll sell their soul and nominate another Fulani for presidency, for just few cash in two bullion van.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by IGOSLAPYOU(f): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
RichDad1:
Yes. But it’s 100% certain the Igbos are not getting it. cool

Afonja.
Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by PrinceOfLagos: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
We knew twas fake news by APC urchins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by MrImole: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
Movies are about to commence.
Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by tunjijones(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
Everybody knows PDP wld give it's ticket to the North. That's the only way they can have a chance to compete with whoever APC brings from the South. Am sure it wld have been a hard decision for PDP to make, but that's all they got.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by TooNoisy(f): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
I never for once believed Babangida Aliyu. The party has not made a decision to zone the presidency to the North, however the feelers from the party, especially during the conventions indicates the candidate will come from the North. The party will probably not zone the ticket and allow everyone to contest. The contest will be dominated by Northern politicians including Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Bala Mohammed etc. Wike's goal is to be the VP to a Northern candidate, so he will back one of these people and Okowa may back another hoping to become the VP too.

The question is where does that leave the South East in the PDP. Will they be stranded again? We did not see any posters or banners for South East candidates during the convention and that says a lot about the intent of Igbo politicians. Okay who are the likely candidates from the South East.

1. Peter Obi - Peter Obi has not declared his intention to contest; however, since we know that Atiku, Saraki and Tambuwal are contesting, it is very unlikely that Peter Obi will contest. He does not yet have the clout within the PDP and certainly does not have the resources and alliances of an Atiku. Atiku, Saraki and Tambuwal have more clout and alliances within the party and he can't win a primary against any of these people. Secondly, the likes of Wike and Okowa will not back him as they would fancy their own chances of becoming Vice President, so these two will support a Northerner.

Peter Obi's best bet as we saw in 2019 would be for the party flag bearer to pick him as Vice President, and his body language suggests that is his plan. He knows he cannot win the party ticket. Even if the PDP were to zone it to the South, Wike and Okowa are way stronger than Peter Obi. Peter Obi's knows this and the best he can get is the VP, so he is patiently waiting for that opportunity.

2. Anyim Pius Anyim - I believe his candidacy is a joke - sorry but who will vote for Anyim? I believe Atiku is sponsoring Anyim to divide the votes in the SE wing of PDP incase an Igbo politician decides to contest. Anyim certainly does not have the clout, alliances and resources to defeat an Atiku, Tanbuwal Saraki. He cannot even contest against a Wike or Okowa. I do not take his candidacy seriously as I believe he is more a spoiler and will step down for Atiku or the Northern candidate when the party eventually decides.

I know there is a lot of noise on Twitter and Nairaland about Igbo presidency, but the Igbo really do not have any strong candidates. Who can win from the South East? Peter Obi himself is only hoping for VP but people here keep shouting his name up and down.

And please, the Igbo should just forget about the APC. It would be extremely unfair and a travesty if the APC gives the ticket to the SE. The SE cannot eat their cake and have it. Igbos have only shown hate to the APC; so you cannot now turn around and demand the presidential ticket. Igbos should stay and fight in their beloved PDP, but then, their chances are very very slim even in the PDP.

The Igbo should just forget about the presidency and continue to be the spoilers - meaning, if we cannot get it, let it go to the North because the Igbos would not get it. But the North themselves know better - that the North cannot continue to rule forever, so they will be wise enough to hand over to a southerner. The presidency will surely come south. It could be Jonathan, Tinubu, Osinbajo, or Fayemi but it is coming South.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Truthisunique2: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
JAMO84:
PDP can only deceive their Dundees

Their candidate will come from the north. I am pretty sure it will be Tambuwal
And what lllegality have been committed here
Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by tunjijones(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
OfficialAwol:

PDP won't come out to accept what Aliyu said because he is not the party spokesman. But however everybody knows that the party wld give their ticket to the north cos that is the only way they can have a chance to compete with APC. Pls am not one of the tribal bigots here on Nairaland so pls don't try to insult me. I only stated the obvious.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
OfficialAwol:

If I were you, I would preoccupy myself with making sure that Benue people are not extaminated from the face of the earth.

But a quick question...where do you stand?

For Tinubu?

Or for north to retain power so that the remnants of Tic people can be finished up?

Wetin really be your own?

N30k peanut has blocked his brain from functioning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Have Not Zoned Our Presidential Ticket - PDP by bluecircle470: 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
OfficialAwol:

But anyim can be.... Mumu ibo boy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Igbo Owned Building Material Market Attack And Burn Down In Sokoto-pic / Arewa Youths Oppose Elders 2015 Presidency Move / Ebonyi Governorship: Glory Of 2nd Tenure Shall Be Greater Than First - U Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.