Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Freelaners Lets Discuss This - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Freelaners Lets Discuss This (495 Views)

Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss / Do You Need A Better Job 2020? Come in! Lets get you a job / Paystack Recruitment Exercise 2018, Lets Connect Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freelaners Lets Discuss This by Ejike07: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
pls for my interest as well as others. I specified my interested for a freelance job on data entry and the lady at the other end states that certain amount ($14.99) be paid to purchase a "workstation" on freelancer.com. This is to enable them filter unserious freelancers from serious ones.

So my question is if anyone had i n any way had this experience and have you made payment in this regard to secure a job in any case?
Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by Ammishaddai: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
If you love yourself, do not, I repeat , do not even try it or you will be sorry you did.

1 Like

Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by slimjohn2k5: 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2022
Scam smelling

1 Like

Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by Ejike07: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dear freelancer,

Site: freelance.com

Thanks for the prompt response. Our MOTTO usually encourages our freelancers to "NEVER COMPROMISE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY". The rates depend on the quality of your work. Serious freelancers earn up to $280 a Day. Below are some of the jobs available on our platform;

1. Data Entry - $25 - $30 per hour
2. Typing - $20 - $35 per hour
3. Form Filling - $30 per hour
4. Copy and Paste - $18 - $30 per hour
5. Photo Posting - $20 - $25 per hour
6. Video Posting - $20 - $30 Per hour
7. Virtual Assistant - $30 - $40 per hour
8. Article/Content Writing - $20/500 Words
9. Article Rewriting - $15/500 Words
10. Web Design - $35 - $60 per hour
11. Graphic Design
12. Logo and Banner Design
13. HTML
14. PHP
15. CSS
16. MySQL

However, before you can access the jobs and start working on the above projects and many more, you will first have to purchase your Workstation that will have a Username and Password to enable you login to your workstation and access the jobs.

This also ensures that we only deal with serious freelancers and keep away spam freelancers.

To purchase your workstation, you will be required to make a one time refundable fee of USD 14.99 via PayPal.

If interested in purchasing a freelance.com Workstation kindly follow the below procedures;

1. For skrill users,kindly send the USD 14.99 to skrill ID Refunds.work008@gmail.com

2. For PayPal users kindly get back to us.

Once your account is activated, you will be able to login and start working immediately. You will only be needed to choose the jobs you can handle, there will be no bidding or application for jobs.

60% Upfront Payment will be created before start of any work. Unlike other freelancing sites, we allow you to withdraw your earnings on a daily basis, from your first day of work, without any delays or limitations.

Our Payment gateways will allow you to withdraw your earnings to your PayPal, Skrill Moneybookers, Payza, e-wallet, e-money, Mastercard, Visa, Western Union, WebMoney, Netteller and Moneygram accounts.

Freelancers will always receive 24 hour Live Support while working.

We welcome you to to join the over 320,000 active freelancers on freelance.com

Regards,

Mrs Kathy,

something of this nature
Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by Ejike07: 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ejike07:
pls for my interest as well as others. I specified my interested for a freelance job on data entry and the lady at the other end states that certain amount ($14.99) be paid to purchase a "workstation" on freelancer.com. This is to enable them filter unserious freelancers from serious ones.

So my question is if anyone had i n any way had this experience and have you made payment in this regard to secure a job in any case?

Dear freelancer,

Site: freelance.com

Thanks for the prompt response. Our MOTTO usually encourages our freelancers to "NEVER COMPROMISE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY". The rates depend on the quality of your work. Serious freelancers earn up to $280 a Day. Below are some of the jobs available on our platform;

1. Data Entry - $25 - $30 per hour
2. Typing - $20 - $35 per hour
3. Form Filling - $30 per hour
4. Copy and Paste - $18 - $30 per hour
5. Photo Posting - $20 - $25 per hour
6. Video Posting - $20 - $30 Per hour
7. Virtual Assistant - $30 - $40 per hour
8. Article/Content Writing - $20/500 Words
9. Article Rewriting - $15/500 Words
10. Web Design - $35 - $60 per hour
11. Graphic Design
12. Logo and Banner Design
13. HTML
14. PHP
15. CSS
16. MySQL

However, before you can access the jobs and start working on the above projects and many more, you will first have to purchase your Workstation that will have a Username and Password to enable you login to your workstation and access the jobs.

This also ensures that we only deal with serious freelancers and keep away spam freelancers.

To purchase your workstation, you will be required to make a one time refundable fee of USD 14.99 via PayPal.

If interested in purchasing a freelance.com Workstation kindly follow the below procedures;

1. For skrill users,kindly send the USD 14.99 to skrill ID Refunds.work008@gmail.com

2. For PayPal users kindly get back to us.

Once your account is activated, you will be able to login and start working immediately. You will only be needed to choose the jobs you can handle, there will be no bidding or application for jobs.

60% Upfront Payment will be created before start of any work. Unlike other freelancing sites, we allow you to withdraw your earnings on a daily basis, from your first day of work, without any delays or limitations.

Our Payment gateways will allow you to withdraw your earnings to your PayPal, Skrill Moneybookers, Payza, e-wallet, e-money, Mastercard, Visa, Western Union, WebMoney, Netteller and Moneygram accounts.

Freelancers will always receive 24 hour Live Support while working.

We welcome you to to join the over 320,000 active freelancers on freelance.com

Regards,

Mrs Kathy,

that was the message
Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by Tohsynetita1: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
Yes, it's possible, the one I am doing, I also paid, just give it a trial if you can lose the amount and not get psychological issue afterwards.
Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by N2B2: 2:05am On Jan 09, 2022
Ejike07:

It's a scam. You'll never hear from them again after you make payment.

The scammers target people who know little to nothing about freelancing and freelance.com.

Nobody--in this life and the next--pays $30/hour for form filling and copy-pasting. It's a pathetic scam, but sadly, people still fall for it.

Signing up on freelance.com is free, but that platform is a ghost town now. LinkedIn, Upwork, or--if you must--Fiverr are better alternatives.

Don't pay any money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by Tohsynetita1: 4:54am On Jan 09, 2022
Ejike07:

Am not telling you to do or not, but don't think 15 dollars is something tangible for them in oversea. It's just like some hours wages. So, to me, asking you to pay the meagre amount isn't too much if you are a risk taker. locus beans that filled the small plastic container of Aboniki balm is sold for 5 dollars in Florida. So if someone tell you to pay 15 dollars, don't think it's too much if you are a risk taker. Their are a lot of firm that does that, check Right Solution Private Limited in India, check VflyOrion in India, they practice such.
Just imagine, someone telling you to pay #100 to secure a a job that will be paying you #10,000 naira in Nigeria. If you really need it, I don't think #100 should be hard to part with. So, don't think it's too much, just consider if you can take such risk. 15 dollars could feed you morning, afternoon and Night in USA but, can #15 naira buy a plate of rice in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Freelaners Lets Discuss This by THELATTERMAN(m): 10:52am On Jan 09, 2022
Total scam

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Corpers Needed In A Legal Media Firm / Urgent Vacancy / Operations Assistant Needed For Immediate Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.