Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,470 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss (18926 Views)

Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary / How Not To Spend Your Salary! / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Honestly family men, women, stay at home moms how are you guys coping in these current harsh economy? The other day a particular woman that in my neighbourhood met me, that she and her children haven't had anything to eat after her husband payed house rent undecided . I had to shell out 7k to give her, you needed to see how she was praying for me. Honestly how do you cope?

The key to surviving this brutal economy is to have an extra stream of income, please if you are a stay at home mom. Think of something doing please the economic situation now doesn't permit sitting at home, look at how gas is on the high side. If you also have a job, please get something to do that would give you an extra income. It ain't easy and I know it, but please if you are privileged to have extra time unlike some of us who only have Saturday and Sunday to ourselves. Please do not abuse it.

Honestly Covid taught me a lesson I will never forget in a long time, that was when I told myself that I must get something doing that will give me an extra stream of income.

Please learn something I know there are a lot of scammers out there posing as online tutors, but if you see something you feel it's legit. Don't dull yourself jump on it, but please avoid all these investment scheme if you don't have the mind for it.

Let me conclude my write-up thus, please learn a skill. It could be coding, mini-importation, marketing, SEO, freelancing skills, anything that is of value. It's Important because the way our country is heading only God and what you know can help you.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Xavin: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2021
This are the types of topics meant to be in FP. Not all this useless and nonsense posts. Looking at the amount of views in this post shows how people prefer stupid things to important ones

Seriously people just detest what will gain them knowledge. People prefer to be receiving, instead of them to give to receive. That is strive to acquire knowledge. To make money

Late last year I started learning python development. And I know how much I bought those videos, I used in learning.

Op see just leave them, they will understand better by next year. Don't dull yourself, learn something.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
No amount of money is ever enough because the more the income, the higher your expenses and the more you'll want to improve your standard of living. All these end up gulping your finances, making your income insufficient at the end of the day. hence the need for a higher income. That is why the rich still hustle despite all they have.

Money is never enough at any level you find yourself.

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2021
Xavin:
This are the types of topics meant to be in FP. Not all this useless and nonsense posts. Looking at the amount of views in this post shows how people prefer stupid things to important ones

Seriously people just detest what will gain them knowledge. People prefer to be receiving, instead of them to give to receive. That is strive to acquire knowledge. To make money

Late last year I started learning python development. And I know how much I bought those videos, I used in learning.

Op see just leave them, they will understand better by next year. Don't dull yourself, learn something.

cheesy bro calm down, why you con dey vex like this. Actually it ain't easy to learn something that would serve as an effective side hustle and besides there are a lot of con men posing as online expert in certain field, conning people of their hard earned money.

Those guys who then enrolled for those courses, end being frustrated at the end of the day, because they didn't get anything at all or got rubbish content. Which does not impact at all.

But seriously if you are privileged to have time, please do learn something.

14 Likes

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2021
Mercychen:
No amount of money is ever is ever enough because the more the income, the more your expenses and the more you'll want to improve your standard of living. All these end up gulping your finances, making your income insufficient at the end of the day. hence the need for a higher income. That is why the rich still hustle despite all they have.

grin grin you are the one that feels that way since I started gigs via my LinkedIn, I didn't change my lifestyle.
I still live in my one room apartment no living room, shared kitchen oh. So you see it depends on you. As I mentioned earlier I'm accumulating money to invest in cryptocurrency.

See the way you live your life depends on you, I feel when you are just accumulating wealth. You shouldn't start spending anyhow, that's what makes some people broke
I have the money to rent a more decent apartment, but I still chose to leave in that face me I slap you. I have the money to get a decent second hand car, but I still fly keke, bike and bus. So it ultimately depends on you.

When you are accumulating wealth, save first to invest in more wealth, in order to attain financial freedom.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 02, 2021
YouAreNotAlonE:

grin grin you are the one that feels that way since I started gigs via my LinkedIn, I didn't change my lifestyle.
I still live in my one room apartment no living room, shared kitchen oh. So you see it depends on you. As I mentioned earlier I'm accumulating money to invest in cryptocurrency.

See the way you live your life depends on you, I feel when you are just accumulating wealth. You shouldn't start spending anyhow, that's what makes some people broke
I have the money to rent a more decent apartment, but I still chose to leave in that face me I slap you. I have the money to get a decent second hand car, but I still fly keke, bike and bus. So it ultimately depends on you.

When you are accumulating wealth, save first to invest in more wealth, in order to attain financial freedom.

So person go come dey invest till e die, e no go come enjoy life? Ator!

I know it's good to invest but at least make some little lifestyle changes for a little comfort. I'm not talking about owning a car ( that's a liability) but getting a decent apartment, tripping yourself out to cool places to relax once in a while and stepping up your diet to a more healthy one is still ok.

I no come life come suffer abeg.

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2021
Mercychen:

So person go come dey invest till e die, e no go come enjoy life? Ator!

I know it's good to invest but at least make some little lifestyle changes for a little comfort. I'm talking about owning a car ( that's a liability) but getting a decent apartment, tripping yourself out to cool places to relax once in a while and stepping up your diet to a more healthy one is still ok.

I no come life come suffer abeg.

cheesy grin don't get me wrong madame.
I'm not saying you should invest your whole life, but it's advisable to gather up first.
I still flex on weekends, sometimes I visit this nice eatery named Kilimanjaro in IB. I also visit other nice places, but not all the time.

I spend wisely, I want to gather to invest. To attain financial freedom, hope you get me now.

You only attain financial freedom by how much you have invested for your self. My believe though.

I'll keep working hard smart, investing, building connections and having fun. On my way to attaining financial freedom.
See you at the top wink

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 03, 2021
YouAreNotAlonE:

I'm not saying you should invest your whole life, but it's advisable to gather up first.
I still flex on weekends, sometimes I visit this nice eatery named Kilimanjaro in IB. I also visit other nice places, but not all the time.

I spend wisely, I want to gather to invest. To attain financial freedom, hope you get me now.

You only attain financial freedom by how much you have invested for your self. My believe though.

I'll keep working hard smart, investing, building connections and having fun. On my way to attaining financial freedom.
See you at the top wink

You, meet me at the top. cool.

6 Likes

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by FunnyDude(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
Motivated

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by capnies: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mercychen:
No amount of money is ever is ever enough because the more the income, the more your expenses and the more you'll want to improve your standard of living. All these end up gulping your finances, making your income insufficient at the end of the day. hence the need for a higher income. That is why the rich still hustle despite all they have.

SO. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
capnies:

SO. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

WHAT IM SAYING IS, NO AMOUNT OF SALARY CAN BE ENOUGH IN THIS ECONOMY.

Imagine, peak milk rose from 150 to 230 within a space of three days. Ok, I said let me go for evap milk ( medium size o) I still bought for 150 three days ago, it has risen from 150 to 170. I bought it. Went the next day and it has risen to 200 as at last night.

Now how can someones salary that has remained stagnant all along be able to meet up with this daily increase in prices of things.

If not for God helping with side hustle, how will one survive?

14 Likes

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by AmazonianLady: 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
YouAreNotAlonE:
Honestly family men, women, stay at home moms how are you guys coping in these current harsh economy? The other day a particular woman that in my neighbourhood met me, that she and her children haven't had anything to eat after her husband payed house rent undecided . I had to shell out 7k to give her, you needed to see how she was praying for me. Honestly how do you cope?

The key to surviving this brutal economy is to have an extra stream of income, please if you are a stay at home mom. Think of something doing please the economic situation now doesn't permit sitting at home, look at how gas is on the high side. If you also have a job, please get something to do that would give you an extra income. It ain't easy and I know it, but please if you are privileged to have extra time unlike some of us who only have Saturday and Sunday to ourselves. Please do not abuse it.

Honestly Covid taught me a lesson I will never forget in a long time, that was when I told myself that I must get something doing that will give me an extra stream of income.

Please learn something I know there are a lot of scammers out there posing as online tutors, but if you see something you feel it's legit. Don't dull yourself jump on it, but please avoid all these investment scheme if you don't have the mind for it.

Let me conclude my write-up thus, please learn a skill. It could be coding, mini-importation, marketing, SEO, freelancing skills, anything that is of value. It's Important because the way our country is heading only God and what you know can help you.

My brother aswr skill is important, God bless you for this piece.
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by AmazonianLady: 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
Mercychen:
No amount of money is ever enough because the more the income, the more your expenses and the more you'll want to improve your standard of living. All these end up gulping your finances, making your income insufficient at the end of the day. hence the need for a higher income. That is why the rich still hustle despite all they have.

cheesy cheesy My sister na God dey help person.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by AmazonianLady: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
YouAreNotAlonE:

See you at the top wink

Food for thought, nice one brother. I like this your positive way of thinking, nice one fam

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by slawormiir: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Ain't no niggarrrr of salary though

This mod don high on weed

Put am for front page two times

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
I doubt there's any salary that is enough. Anyone with enough salary can correct me.

We need side hustle to complement salaries.

ufotty2001:
I earn 250k per month! I stay in one room apartment of 76k per yr, I don't have girlfriend, I don't have too much responsibility and I save 200k every month.. I spend 50k for feeding and transportation

I salute you, oga. Even if I earn that much, nothing less than #80k must surely go to F&F monthly. With the peanut I earn, there is a list of people I forward some cash to every ending.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
If you cut your coat according to your cloth, you only buy things that you have sufficient money to pay for.

God bless all genuine and legit Entrepreneurs out there.

#BeYourOwnBoss

Michhy123:
God is actually the provider not our salary because personally, I don't even know how God has been supplying every of my needs.
Best comment on this thread.
It can only be God!

God will continue to be your source of provision and care sis.
Our Holy Book tells us that
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

We Rise.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by fisayodayo: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
Yes, I earn in dollars
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Loverboy3333: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
What of those that don't have salary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Ain't no niggarrrr of salary

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by ExtremeDot: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
A thread to whine.
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Omniman(m): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
cool

Not everyone will be an entrepreneur.
Some people are destined to collect salary.

There are times you have to switch from working hard to working smart and vice versa...

0. Stay out of debt
1.Don't give a shit about what people will say or think.
2.Cut out your expenses.
3.Starve you wants
4.Feed your needs
5.Live below your earning
6.Grow some balls. Learn to Say No
7.Get a job, if you are ashame, wear face mask and a hat

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by blacknoir: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
4 where. Its not enough but been content with what you have is key to happiness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zv-mo0ZQ8U&t=41s
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Healthybiz: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
No
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by gracile(f): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
My brother, how na? how can salary be enough anymore
The salary that one was collecting 5 years ago hasn't increased yet but prices of everything else has. At a point I knew I had to do something because the bitter truth is this country doesn't have any plan for you and I.

Meanwhile, check https:///mbzu3pps for info on how to make extra income through affiliate marketing. The interesting part is you can do it all on your phone starting from your whatsapp.

You're welcome cool

Back to my online biz wink
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Lagosianswag: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
What is enough in Buhari's economy !? undecided

Even if they double your current salary, it still won't measure up to the way the current administration is doubling up efforts to run the economy to the ground. angry

Nigeria left ground zero since 2015, we're now deep down underground in 2021.
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by lkillbrokehoes: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
I work for myself
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by tillaman(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by kenniefawole(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
A little piece of advice

Nigerian economy isn’t getting any better , last week , a friend of mine was at Sabo to exchange some dollars he got via his blog for his first month payment and he successfully was able to exchange $100 for #55,000 . .
I see many people making enquires one what type of business to do , my advice is , don’t even think of a business you would earn in Naira because the economy keeps getting worse and you would directly or Indirectly still purchase your needs at dollar rate .
If you are looking for an amazing business to start , then I will advise you to go into any of blogging , E-commerce , directory or any online business that pays in dollars .

Follow this link to my existing thread to read more !
https://www.nairaland.com/6775085/thread-meant-client-reviews-testimonials

Drop a comment on the thread if you find the post helpful

I’m a web developer | Business strategist & consultant .. Below is what I do ! I’m One of the most reputable web developer on nairaland , here is a link to my testimonial thread

You might want to consider reading in details here
https://www.nairaland.com/6786474/cost-creating-blog-nigeria-how

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by crafteck(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
If you think its enough to survive, read the story about the frog.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gis/sure-p Port Harcourt Job Fair / N-Power: Camp For Tech Software Opens On Monday / Salaries Of Dangote Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.