Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics (434 Views)

Religions Are Cult Groups / Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Dear,yahweh And Allah,why Am I Declining In Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by Oyeleye2011(m): 12:23am On Jan 09, 2022
b]What is actually happening to the Western countries that brought Christianity to Africa Can church decline happen in Nigeria or any African Countries Any Thoughts my people.
[/b][
...Religiosity in Canada is at an all-time low, with recently released data from Statistics Canada showing only 68 per cent of Canadians 15 or older now report having a religious affiliation. It’s the first time that number has dipped below 70 per cent since StatCan began tracking the data in 1985....Christianity, however, is in sharp decline. In 2011, 67.3 per cent (about 22.1 million people) of Canadians said they were affiliated with a Christian religion. In 2019, that number had dropped to 63.2 per cent. Catholicism, Canada’s largest denomination, now accounts for 32 per cent of Canadians over 15, down from 46.9 per cent in 1996.
The decline is even more precarious for Canada’s United and Anglican churches....

'We lose a church per week'

Th UCC is the country’s second-largest Canadian Christian denomination. It accounted for 14.6 per cent of Canadian Christians in 1985. In 1996, that number declined to 9.7 per cent and to just 3.8 per cent in 2019. Islam, considered a minority religion, now sits at 3.7 per cent.

Nowadays, Meyers says, on average, the United Church loses one church per week across Canada and he expects that to accelerate.

He acknowledges that many people brought up religious lose interest, but says some come back of their own volition later in life. Meyers did so himself, turning to the church in his 30s after the breakdown of his marriage...

Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/8471086/religion-decline-canada/

Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by Teejay13(m): 12:39am On Jan 09, 2022
Funny how humans think they can do without God.

I foresee the next generation to be worse than this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by HacheNoire: 12:40am On Jan 09, 2022
And Islam still maintaining the spot as the fastest growing religion.

I think people are now getting in terms with reality.

Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by Gullah: 12:44am On Jan 09, 2022
These things shouldn't come as a surprise to the Bible studying christian, the Bible prophesied about these things a thousands of years ago. Check out Matthew chapter 24: 3-13.

3. As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4. Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.

5. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

6. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

10. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11. and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by Gullah: 12:53am On Jan 09, 2022
Also check out 2 Timothy 3:1-4

1. But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.

2. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

3. without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,

4. Treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by oz4real83(m): 6:04am On Jan 09, 2022
HacheNoire:
And Islam still maintaining the spot as the fastest growing religion.

I think people are now getting in terms with reality.
Christianity is free will or voluntary unlike islam that forces people to the extent of taking the lives of those who refused or threaten to leave the faith. Non-muslims in majority-moslem countries are the most endangered humans in the world. Even among themselves, Moslems will still fight and kill each other because one islam group feels his group doctrine is the right and pure one. Most Moslems will prefer living in christian countries than their Moslem countries. Afghans were rushing to run to Europe and America when there are closer Moslem countries they can easily run to. Stop deluding yourself with fake opinion.

1 Like

Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by AntiChristian: 7:15am On Jan 09, 2022
oz4real83:
Christianity is free will or voluntary unlike islam that forces people to the extent of taking the lives of those who refused or threaten to leave the faith. Non-muslims in majority-moslem countries are the most endangered humans in the world. Even among themselves, Moslems will still fight and kill each other because one islam group feels his group doctrine is the right and pure one. Most Moslems will prefer living in christian countries than their Moslem countries. Afghans were rushing to run to Europe and America when there are closer Moslem countries they can easily run to. Stop deluding yourself with fake opinion.
So all those you pastors and bishops reverting to Islam were forced?

Some people are just plain bigots.
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by AntiChristian: 7:17am On Jan 09, 2022
Gullah:
These things shouldn't come as a surprise to the Bible studying christian, the Bible prophesied about these things a thousands of years ago. Check out Matthew chapter 24: 3-13.

3. As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4. Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.

5. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

6. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

10. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11. and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

On this your number 10, the faith wasn't there in the first place!
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by oz4real83(m): 7:26am On Jan 09, 2022
AntiChristian:

the hypocrisy that goes with most of you in that religion is baffling. Religions are like political parties in Nigeria, people camp and decamp every minute. You make it look as if it is only islam people are rushing to. Do you know how many people who left islam to Christianity and other religions this very second? Do you know how many that totally left anything call religion, be it Christianity, islam or any other? Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by oz4real83(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2022
AntiChristian:

an average man will want to sleep with and marry as many women as possible, an average man wants power from any source. An average man wants to operate "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" policy of revenge. A vengeful person will run to a faith that condones violence than love and forgiveness, any religion that conforms to an average man's desire will easily pull a crowd of people.
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by Gullah: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2022
AntiChristian:

On this your number 10, the faith wasn't there in the first place!
Your comment doesn't add up, if the faith wasn't there then why did Jesus say they would turn away from the faith? The faith had to be there for them to later turn away from it. These are people who were christians whether nominal or spiritual just like the people the op is asking about who will start turning away from the faith in the last days. Jesus said it would happen so the point here is that christians shouldn't be bothered about it when it happens just like Jesus said it would. Rather, they should be more concerned about being among those that remain steadfast to the end and are saved.
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by AntiChristian: 7:48am On Jan 09, 2022
oz4real83:
the hypocrisy that goes with most of you in that religion is baffling. Religions are like political parties in Nigeria, people camp and decamp every minute. You make it look as if it is only islam people are rushing to. Do you know how many people who left islam to Christianity and other religions this very second? Do you know how many that totally left anything call religion, be it Christianity, islam or any other? Stop deceiving yourself.

How many have you seen or confirmed?
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by oz4real83(m): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2022
AntiChristian:

How many have you seen or confirmed?
this is the hypocrisy I just spoke about, I will only be wasting my time,battery life,data and intellectual ability if I should continue arguing with you.
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by HeeBraHim2(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2022
There is no way you can stop islam from growing..... Islam will be largest religion in the world, that is what God promised Muhammad.

Islam is growing fastly in Europe, in China, even in your city.... The beauty of islam is wonderful.

I thank God for making a Muslim... And I wanna get old and die a Muslim �
Re: ‘gone By 2040’: Why Some Religions Are Declining In Canada Faster Than Ever(pics by Jokerman(m): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2022
Nothing new.

The advent of the Antichrist will.still force people back to God....

Satan always deceive man that they don't need God

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Women Are Just As Rotten As Men And Are Not Better / Know This. / What Is The Meaning Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.