Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) (57246 Views)

How I Secured My Corn Farm From Helinues & Co (graphic Pics) / The Puff Adder My Workers Killed On My Yam Farm (Pictures) / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by thunderbabs: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2022
Funfactss:
Hmm if he bite you now you go dey cry foul undecided

Foul kor, penalty ni grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Grandmeister(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
Phils:
One of the most poisonous snake in Nigeria.

Even though you look experienced in handling the creature, but be careful. Vipers are know to have fangs that can rotate back and front, together or independently. They can find a way to inject venom if not well immobilized.

These creature are dangerous, such that in many that are ovoviviparous (hold eggs inside their bodies, where they hatch inside emerge as living), the pregnant viper delivers on top of a tree to allow the newly delivered snake drop off and move on. A strike from the newly delivered snake can kill the mother-snake.
The puff adder and the carpet viper are the number one cause of snake related deaths in Nigeria and entire west Africa. And yes they can twist their fangs if you hold their head wrongly.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by pacespot(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
Definitely, this deadly snake was on the hunt for prey when you caught it. Their major attack strategy is camouflage, using the bush color which blends with their skin to hunt the prey. You were lucky, indeed, that you didn't fall into the trap. A hungry snake is an angry snake.

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Grandmeister(m): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2022
rowland545:
I'm not surprise the op is using mageni...(jazz)

I don't see how u will handle a viper without that
Simon for South Africa wey dey catch snakes no dey use juju naa. It’s about learning the techniques of grabbing their heads in a way that they can’t use their fangs. No juju involved.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by skywalker240(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Abokiis can get anyhow courage ehn,

Hmm person open eyes hold viper for Head

One small mistake na obituary ooo (we no pray for bad thing Sha)

2 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by skywalker240(m): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
Grandmeister:

Simon for South Africa wey dey catch snakes no dey use juju naa. It’s about learning the techniques of grabbing their heads in a way that they can’t use their fangs. No juju involved.
How do many snake holders die?

Killed by the same snake's they hold undecided

Nobody is above a slight mistake, that South Africa guy never jam
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by HacheNoire: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
obiekunie01:
GUY ABEG WETIN U PUT FOR BODY WHEN GIVE YOU THE LIVER TO CATCH A LIVE VIPER!

ABEG I GO LIKE BUY THAT STUFF HOW I FIT TAKE REACH YOU?

MAYBE THE THING GO HELP ME CURE MY PHOBIA FOR SNAKES!

It’s easy to do. Rub salt on your hands and split your fingers into two parts when you want to hold it

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by anochuko01(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
nikolasx:
Which family of viper is this snake? I caught it in my corn field recently. We call it Iflowson (Adara, Southern Kaduna)

Please, I'm just curious about something. How did you get rid of it without getting bitten?
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Sudaisomobo7(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2022
I duff n dabb for u

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Anny505(m): 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2022
Springboot:

I can tell you for a fact, movies are responsible for making snakes look as dangerous as we see them, in reality they hardly ever attack humans, they try as much as possible to dodge or run away when they sight one

Be like snake never pursue this one before grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Springboot: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2022
Anny505:

Be like snake never pursue this one before grin

Lol, another myth, snakes don't Chase human. Never! Once you try to get away from it, it will also run opposite direction.
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by OcMichaels(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ehehe... Werey think sey he dey disguise.
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Grandmeister(m): 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
skywalker240:

How do many snake holders die?

Killed by the same snake's they hold undecided

Nobody is above a slight mistake, that South Africa guy never jam
Na to show you say no be juju. If they slip up they can die.
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Anny505(m): 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
Springboot:

Lol, another myth, snakes don't Chase human. Never! Once you try to get away from it, it will also run opposite direction.

Guy die this talk, I'm saying something from my own personal experience you dey call my experience myth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Danjikanbauchi: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
nikolasx:
Which family of viper is this snake? I caught it in my corn field recently. We call it Iflowson (Adara, Southern Kaduna)
ndakie, is this kateri town or Sabin Maro ?
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by larryUG(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Nigerians and Jazz talk. Oyibo biologists dey use hand catch snake. I have seen an Arab driver where i work catch a snake by its head and hold it. This guy does it and everyone is shouting jazz

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by jaszplus12(m): 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
daddytime:
Na live viper you grab like who hold toy like this?

Na which kind jazz be your own?

Wehdone sir...

Dem don catch lalasticlala alive...

Patronize my siggy
Grrreeeattt!! this is the kind of snake story that should hit front page! wicked snake and then caught alive!!! Any other one that shows the after caught and kill story should be relegated! OP you try....
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by rowland545(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
Grandmeister:

ride on ooo simon of Nigeria.... Snake never Chop u b4...

Even DAT simon self...e day use gloves for dangerous snakes
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by CharlesJok3r: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
taretoofine:
Dangerous snake
Almost caused the life of a friend
Was your friend bitten?
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by barojana: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
Phils:
One of the most poisonous snake in Nigeria.

Even though you look experienced in handling the creature, but be careful. Vipers are know to have fangs that can rotate back and front, together or independently. They can find a way to inject venom if not well immobilized.

These creature are dangerous, such that in many that are ovoviviparous (hold eggs inside their bodies, where they hatch inside emerge as living), the pregnant viper delivers on top of a tree to allow the newly delivered snake drop off and move on. A strike from the newly delivered snake can kill the mother-snake.
Omo
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Zenithpeak(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
Samiah33:
Puff adder, they stay dormant till 12 noon or so I heard, that was why the guy was able to hold it live

Your eyes no pepper me.... Oga!

One Yoruba philosophy says: mona-mona l'ologun le gbe, ologun to ba gbe paramole yoo kan iyonu....

Let me try and interprete myself for comprehension sake:

A snake charmer can only pick up a nonvenomous snake carelessly with his bare hands... If he tries nonsense with a deadly viper, he will have himself to be blamed.

That 12pm thing is a folklore ooo. In fact, my hands no dey ooo

3 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by sonofElElyon: 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
daddytime:
Na live viper you grab like who hold toy like this?

Na which kind jazz be your own?

Wehdone sir...

Dem don catch lalasticlala alive...

Patronize my siggy

How do you know it's still alive and he hasn't already killed it before taking the picture
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by nikolasx: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
ndakie, is this kateri town or Sabin Maro ?
This is Iburu, Kajuru LGA

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by ShedrachU(m): 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2022
Funfactss:
Hmm if he bite you now you go dey cry foul undecided

Cry? If it was really a Puff Adder and it beat him, dude would have being dead in less than 3 minutes
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by alfredo1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
My adara brother. Thanks to God for protection.
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by alfredo1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2022
nikolasx:

This is Iburu, Kajuru LGA
Omo! You're closer than I thought. Your kufana brother.

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by okoroemeka(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
nikolasx:
the puff adder, the farmers no 1 enemy,it must be killed at sight
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by taretoofine(m): 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
CharlesJok3r:

Was your friend bitten?
yeaa
Then I knew our hospitals were all scraps
No antivenom
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by nomaison(m): 12:25am On Jan 10, 2022
Cages send my share o
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by nomaison(m): 12:27am On Jan 10, 2022
elbaraj2020:

That's a dangerous creature you are holding...just be careful....
Am also Adara from Niger State...how are you guys doing over there?
That's good to know. I am Adara too from kaduna.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by JooEeL(m): 1:04am On Jan 10, 2022
nikolasx:

You're from the Adara tribe. Cool. First of such Im seeing live on NL.

How is the Fulani herdsmen menace in your area now?
Re: I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) by Funfactss: 1:29am On Jan 10, 2022
ShedrachU:

Cry? If it was really a Puff Adder and it beat him, dude would have being dead in less than 3 minutes
I swear just because he wants to show off on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) / EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria / Rotimi Williams Is Kereksuk Rice Farm Nasarawa Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.