Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) (57278 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / How To Sell Thousands Of Chickens And Eggs In 14days Even If You're A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26
Omo, God! See Snake That A Facebook Friend Killed On His Poutry Farm Today!

This snake have been killing my local chickens and eating eggs. By God grace I killed it today. I was angry when I saw it, my first time seeing snake, my first kill.

Credit: Ak Emeka

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26
Omo, It was even his first kill....

Omo, if na me na to JAPA RIGHTLY ooooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:09pm On Mar 26
looks like a frontpage snake... where is LALA sef?

56 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Manigie: 7:10pm On Mar 26
Very soon they will come out and say " see meat"...
How people eat this creature still baffles me

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by VawulentMan: 7:17pm On Mar 26
Omo "SEE MEAT" shocked

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Light78: 7:25pm On Mar 26
Rat snake.

They like killing chicks at night.

I knew that type of snake like my backyard when I was in the poultry business.

I had watched one kill one of my chicks. It will constrict its prey and bite off the intestine.

At OP, please tell us whether you saw the intestine of the chicks ripped open.

A cobra can not do that. The snakes with teeth are the ones that do that.

Cobras own is to swallow eggs or chicks they know they can.

N.B: A snake will not kill what it knows it cannot swallow, unless if being cornered.

If it was a venomous snake, many of your chicks would be dead.

Cobra will come look for eggs or small chicks it can swallow, then if threatened, it will attack.

You killed that snake because rat snakes are docile. If you tried that with a cobra, you would run when it stands 3 feet tall facing you.

If it was a spitting cobra, your eyes would hurt.

53 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Chukwuka319(m): 7:27pm On Mar 26
The snake is obviously a species of cobra,most likely a forest cobra.
African cobras are notorious for raiding poultry farms in search of eggs and young birds.
A species of forest cobra even raids fish ponds.
Cobras of all species possess an extremely potent venom which is neurotoxic.
Their venom attacks the nervous system especially the part controlling respiration and the heart, and will bring on death within minutes.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by iamoyindamola(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26
He's lucky not to get bitten by this cobra
Very potent venom to kill in minutes

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26
Light78:
Rat snake.

They like killing chicks at night.

Omo, If Me - I see this snake even in the day; I don JAPA...!

28 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 8:06pm On Mar 26
Chukwuka319:
African cobras are notorious for raiding poultry farms in search of eggs and young birds.
Their venom attacks the nervous system especially the part controlling respiration and the heart, and will bring on death within minutes.

Hmmmm.... Does this mean that once bitten, no amount of first aid can keep a victim alive ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 8:07pm On Mar 26
iamoyindamola:
He's lucky not to get bitten by this cobra
Very potent venom to kill in minutes

Can the venom be Treated in Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Aboks(m): 8:13pm On Mar 26
Very sweet meat with pepper and onions

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by iamoyindamola(m): 8:23pm On Mar 26
Questionnaires:

Can the venom be Treated in Nigeria?
Yes but FMCs
I doubt health centers or private hospitals have anti venoms available more over you have to know the type of snake that bite someone to know the anti venom to administer

But it can be locally treated, my sister was once bitten by a viper she was lucky we have some village people around
He man removed the venom by cutting her with blade all over the leg

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 8:39pm On Mar 26
iamoyindamola:

Yes but FMCs
I doubt health centers or private hospitals have anti venoms available more over you have to know the type of snake that bite someone to know the anti venom to administer

But it can be locally treated, my sister was once bitten by a viper she was lucky we have some village people around
He man removed the venom by cutting her with blade all over the leg

Wow.

Lucky Girl.

By The Way; What's "FMC's"

4 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 8:40pm On Mar 26
Aboks:
Very sweet meat with pepper and onions

shocked grin
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by FinidiGeorge: 8:54pm On Mar 26
Questionnaires:

Wow.

Lucky Girl.

Federal Medical Centres

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by NPFLADMIN(m): 8:55pm On Mar 26
I fear snakes pass anything.

20 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:59pm On Mar 26
Questionnaires:

So creepy

Meanwhile,
Learn how to produce Poultry Feed Using Cassava Peels: Join us today by 8:00pm

You can act on this knowledge or pass it to someone else.

Remember, you're not paying for this knowledge.

To join the class, follow the instruction on the photo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Rexymania(m): 9:07pm On Mar 26
Wicked animal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26
FinidiGeorge:

Federal Medical Centres

Okay.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by ndu99(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26
Questionnaires:

it obvious what you're trying to promote in your signature ain't real and it won't work for you.

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by 99thEnemy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26
So sad lalasticlala is no longer available to bless this thread and take it to the promised land (Front Page) grin

6 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Chukwuka319(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26
Questionnaires:

Hmmmm.... Does this mean that once bitten, no amount of first aid can keep a victim alive ?
Once bitten by a cobra, immediate first aid is demanded because every minute counts.
Any form of the slightest delay in immediate first aid which includes tying a tourniquet above the bite site; can prove life threatening.

12 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Questionnaires(m): 9:53pm On Mar 26
99thEnemy:
So sad lalasticlala is no longer available to bless this thread and take it to the promised land (Front Page) grin

He go wake up meet am tomorrow...

grin

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by iamoyindamola(m): 10:24pm On Mar 26
Questionnaires:

Wow.

Lucky Girl.

Federal medical centres

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:09am On Mar 27
Questionnaires:

Only anti venom can bring you back to life.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by KingDash09(m): 8:26am On Mar 27
Thought is was black mamba for a second but they don’t grow to that length
Chukwuka319:
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Chukwuka319(m): 9:32am On Mar 27
KingDash09:
Thought is was black mamba for a second but they don’t grow to that length
Yes, black mambas don't reach that length.They are Africa's longest venomous snake, reaching a length of 12 feet, the second longest venomous snake after the king cobra with its five to seven subspecies.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by kmaster007: 9:46am On Mar 27
You tried oooo killing the snake... This hardship make you get mind sha...

5 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by CrossRhodes: 9:51am On Mar 27
Chukwuka319:
Lol

See how you are ignorantly capping shit.....

This is a black rat snake and it is non venomous...

Go and check it from Google, then come back and delete your fake misleading info

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Williams Is Kereksuk Rice Farm Nasarawa Owner / What Do You Call This Fruit? (pictures) / My Mom's Pineapple Plantation And Harvest (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.