Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,230 members, 7,953,872 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption (303 Views)

Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily / Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG / Yahaya Abdullahi: It Is An Insult To Say Senators Shouldn’t Spend N5.5bn On Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by adenigga(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2022
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has advised those residing in southwest states to consider killing chickens for ceremonies instead of cows in order to prevent capital flight.

According to the governor, the region has been losing nothing less than N2.5 billion daily to the consumption of cows.

Akeredolu stated this while addressing some stakeholders in the education sector in Akure, the state capital.

The governor, who spoke through his Special Adviser on Agriculture and Agric-business, Akin Olotu, said the consumption of chickens for ceremonies was not only healthy but will also boost the economy in the southwest region.

He added that the development had been one of the factors contributing to the poverty rate in the region.

“The President said grow what you eat and eat what you grow. I have been a serious advocate and I am reemphasising it, please let us use chicken for our ceremonies.

“Yes, I meant broilers. They are cheaper. I met with the traditional rulers and I told them that those before you have to encourage that.

“Why am I saying this? There is a N2.5 billion beef market in the southwest every day. It means every day in the southwest, we send
N2.5 billion out of the southwest. That is the bedrock of poverty in the region.

“We have a region that is not retaining money. Don’t let any politician tell you any abracadabra, if we don’t reverse that trend, we will continue to remain on the same spot.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Southwest-spends-N2.5bn-on-beef-daily-Akeredolu-urges-chicken-consumption

1 Like

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by omowolewa: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2022
Southwest have capacity for cow breeding, aside the fact that it's highest producers of poultry products

Meanwhile, growth is Southwestern Animal Husbandry business cannot in anyway run down others. So all gains for the nation

1 Like

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by NwaNimo1(m): 11:43am On Jan 09, 2022

5 Likes

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by Nokio1: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2022
I have never seen chicken inside ewedu?
Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by ThatFairGuy1: 11:45am On Jan 09, 2022
How can you kill chicken for party angry

Rather encourage people venture into cattle rearing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by adenigga(m): 11:46am On Jan 09, 2022
Nokio1:
I have never seen chicken inside ewedu?
grin grin
Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by nairavsdollars(f): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2022
Akeredolu talks too much. Yet one of the worst governors in the South West

1 Like

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by AntiBeEmCe(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2022
Best governor in the SW. Ignore the paid miscreant above this comment, whose kinsmen are the herdsmen causing destruction all over the place.

3 Likes

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by Coldshisha: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
On the long run, poultry is better and cheaper than beef

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by kenkruse: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
Akeredolu is rephrasing IPOB order in southwest. ACF over to you.

1 Like

Re: Southwest Spends N2.5bn On Beef Daily – Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption by Mynd44: 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2022

1 Like

(1)

EFCC Arrests Fake Army General Who Claimed Buhari Nominated Him As COAS / ASWITU Mourns Shonekan & Former Oyo Gov. Says Akala Loved Igbos- TBE Magazine / The British Citizen In Chain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.