Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation (759 Views)

Every Right Thinking Yorubas Should Read This To Prevent Another Civil War. / Yorubas Should Never Ever Refer To Northerners As Betrayers Ever Again(photos) / The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by jrjfjfj: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
In regard to the future of the Yoruba Nation, What I am about to put down ,might look very impossible for us now, but with time ,efforts,hardwork and determination, we would surely get there.God has given the Yorubas every thing we need including natural and human resources to develop our space ,it is now left to us to harness it for the development of our nation,I believe that Yoruba Nation would be the pride of the black race.
Let's get started,
Japan achieved sustained growth in per capita income between the 1880s and 1970 through industrialization. Moving along an income growth trajectory through expansion of manufacturing is hardly unique. Indeed Western Europe, Canada, Australia and the United States all attained high levels of income per capita by shifting from agrarian-based production to manufacturing and technologically sophisticated service sector activity.

Still, there are three distinctive features of Japan’s development through industrialization that merit discussion:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by jrjfjfj: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
1)The proto-industrial base
Japan’s agricultural productivity was high enough to sustain substantial craft (proto-industrial) production in both rural and urban areas of the country prior to industrialization.Yorubas should boost their agricultural productivity

2)Investment-led growth
Domestic investment in industry and infrastructure was the driving force behind growth in Japanese output. Both private and public sectors invested in infrastructure, national and local governments serving as coordinating agents for infrastructure build-up.

Investment in manufacturing capacity was largely left to the private sector.
Rising domestic savings made increasing capital accumulation possible.
Japanese growth was investment-led, not export-led.

3)Total factor productivity growth — achieving more output per unit of input — was rapid.

On the supply side, total factor productivity growth was extremely important. Scale economies — the reduction in per unit costs due to increased levels of output — contributed to total factor productivity growth. Scale economies existed due to geographic concentration, to growth of the national economy, and to growth in the output of individual companies. In addition, companies moved down the “learning curve,” reducing unit costs as their cumulative output rose and demand for their product soared.

The social capacity for importing and adapting foreign technology improved and this contributed to total factor productivity growth:

- At the household level, investing in education of children improved social capability.Though Awolowo did this ,he provided free education during the Regional system of government before it was truncated.Yorubas can revive this again ,if we are serious about nation building.
- At the firm level, creating internalized labor markets that bound firms to workers and workers to firms, thereby giving workers a strong incentive to flexibly adapt to new technology, improved social capability.
- At the government level, industrial policy that reduced the cost to private firms of securing foreign technology enhanced social capacity.
Shifting out of low-productivity agriculture into high productivity manufacturing, mining, and construction contributed to total factor productivity .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by vanbonattel: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
They should first learn how to build a state funded airport for the first time.

Their mates are now doing such tongue

#Causingtrouble

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by Kwashiman: 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2022
Noble idea, but there's a conundrum... at the rate you guys are mining each others skulls for a meager sum as low as N5k/person, where will the best brains in Yaribaa land be left to effectively learn the Japanese blueprint of innovation? because even their skulls won't be safe as well anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by jrjfjfj: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
Japanese growth:

The early post-war years were devoted to rebuilding lost industrial capacity: major investments were made in electric power, coal, steel, and chemicals. By the mid-1950s, production matched prewar levels. Released from the demands of military-dominated government, the economy not only recovered its lost momentum but also surpassed the growth rates of earlier periods. Between 1953 and 1965, GDP expanded by more than 9% per year, manufacturing and mining by 13%, construction by 11%, and infrastructure by 12%. In 1965 these sectors employed more than 41% of the labor force, whereas only 26% remained in agriculture.

Japan's highly acclaimed post-war education system contributed strongly to the modernizing process. The world's highest literacy rate and high education standards were major reasons for Japan's success in achieving a technologically advanced economy. Japanese schools also encouraged discipline, another benefit in forming an effective work force.

The mid-1960s ushered in a new type of industrial development as the economy opened itself to international competition in some industries and developed heavy and chemical manufactures. Whereas textiles and light manufactures maintained their profitability internationally, other products, such as automobiles, electronics, ships, and machine tools assumed new importance. The value added to manufacturing and mining grew at the rate of 17% per year between 1965 and 1970. Growth rates moderated to about 8% and evened out between the industrial and service sectors between 1970 and 1973, as retail trade, finance, real estate, information technology, and other service industries streamlined their operations.

Japanese consumerism continued to grow throughout the 1960s, giving rise to a well-known saying that the "three treasures" which all Japanese families needed to have was a refrigerator, a washing machine, and a television set. By 1962, it was estimated that 79.4% of all urban homes and 48.9% of rural homes in Japan had television.
To be continued....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by Beejayy20(m): 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
vanbonattel post=109230066[s:
]They should first learn how to build a state funded airport for the first time.

Their mates are now doing such tongue
[/s]
#Causingtrouble

have you pay back the debt you borrow thaqt warehouse called airport?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by Beejayy20(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
[s]
Kwashiman:
Noble idea, but there's a conundrum... at the rate you guys are mining each others skulls for a meager sum as low as N5k/person, where will the best brains in Yaribaa land be left to effectively learn the Japanese blueprint of innovation? because even their skulls won't be safe as well anyway.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by babasolution: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2022
The Yoruba are a weak people, all these can't be achieved by intellectualism alone,the Japanese were very strong militarily,fought of invaders and even colonised Korea and parts of China.The Yoruba should stop being ultraliberal party lascivious people,the Yoruba men need to own and protect their lands first,you mentioned Agriculture as a starting point can't you see how the Fulani are invading and disrupting farming?igboho tried to stop it but was betrayed by his own people.The Yoruba can never achieve as this by their liberal lassez faire weak system

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by Beejayy20(m): 12:40am On Jan 10, 2022
[s]
babasolution:
The Yoruba are a weak people, all these can't be achieved by intellectualism alone,the Japanese were very strong militarily,fought of invaders and even colonised Korea and parts of China.The Yoruba should stop being ultraliberal party lascivious people,the Yoruba men need to own and protect their lands first,you mentioned Agriculture as a starting point can't you see how the Fulani are invading and disrupting farming?igboho tried to stop it but was betrayed by his own people.The Yoruba can never achieve as this by their liberal lassez faire weak system
[/s]
pele strong ibo how far?you people are really mad aswear,everybody cant be as fool as ibo.
the strong ibo that can achive it yet your remain barrel and poverty capital.
yoruba dont act like ipob illiterate nah brain we dey use.

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by babasolution: 12:41am On Jan 10, 2022
Beejayy20:
[s][/s]
pele strong ibo how far?you people are really mad aswear,everybody cant be as fool as ibo.
the strong ibo that can achive it yet your remain barrel and poverty capital.
yoruba dont act like ipob illiterate nah brain we dey use.

OK,continue
Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by ThEGodFaThEr116: 4:47am On Jan 10, 2022
You are here talking about how the Yoruba nation can be like Japan when we Yorubas are busy removing each other's skull and harvesting organs and selling it for as less as 5,000 naira while dancing to Peru Para Peru Peru Para.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by helinues: 5:40am On Jan 10, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr116:

Yoruba don't act like Ipob illiterates nah HUMAN BRAIN we dey use?

Yes, you're very correct!

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Oamj4
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Rule 1 and 5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by butterfly777(m): 6:50am On Jan 10, 2022
Good write up

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by DOTian: 7:10am On Jan 10, 2022
They should first learn from the Japanese how to build cities that are conducive for human habitations! We joke about it here and we most times use that for play, but talking seriously now, Yoruba cities are nothing but mega embarrassments to humanity. I'm not joking, I'm not taunting, I'm not doing the normal Igbo vs Yoruba kiriji wars on Nairaland. I'm telling you the facts the way they are. Having travelled across the West African sub region and having lived in Asia, I can tell you authoritatively that you have the worst cities around. The Hausa cities of Kano and Kaduna will easily trounce Ibadam and Abeokuta. Owerri and Calabar can never be compared to Oshogbo or Akure. These are not shiny cities by international standards, but in relative terms, compared with the south west cities, they're miles ahead.

The major problem in Yorubaland that has led to this sort of infuriating cultural stagnation is the penchant to go defensive whenever cultural errors are pointed out. People start defending the indefensible because culturally they're wired to believe that they're defending the ways of their ancestors by insisting on the status quo! So they tell you that corrugated iron sheets is a symbol of their proud culture of yesteryears. One reminded me of Venice here! That the Italians left their old buildings! You can imagine! When you point out the fact that corrugated iron sheets were imported into the country at these periods and as such can't be taunted as indigenous cultural instruments , they go quiet but will still maintain their ground. How many of them speak up against the skull mining pandemic going on in Yoruba land the same ebullient way the Igbos speak up against the mkpûrû mmiri menace? Being unable to criticize yourself and subsequently improve yourself as a group is a huge cultural flaw...

You all know I'm saying the truth but you will still abuse me for this..
Re: Yorubas Should Learn From The Japanese,to Have A Great And Industrious Nation by babasolution: 8:57am On Jan 11, 2022
DOTian:
They should first learn from the Japanese how to build cities that are conducive for human habitations! We joke about it here and we most times use that for play, but talking seriously now, Yoruba cities are nothing but mega embarrassments to humanity. I'm not joking, I'm not taunting, I'm not doing the normal Igbo vs Yoruba kiriji wars on Nairaland. I'm telling you the facts the way they are. Having travelled across the West African sub region and having lived in Asia, I can tell you authoritatively that you have the worst cities around. The Hausa cities of Kano and Kaduna will easily trounce Ibadam and Abeokuta. Owerri and Calabar can never be compared to Oshogbo or Akure. These are not shiny cities by international standards, but in relative terms, compared with the south west cities, they're miles ahead.

The major problem in Yorubaland that has led to this sort of infuriating cultural stagnation is the penchant to go defensive whenever cultural errors are pointed out. People start defending the indefensible because culturally they're wired to believe that they're defending the ways of their ancestors by insisting on the status quo! So they tell you that corrugated iron sheets is a symbol of their proud culture of yesteryears. One reminded me of Venice here! That the Italians left their old buildings! You can imagine! When you point out the fact that corrugated iron sheets were imported into the country at these periods and as such can't be taunted as indigenous cultural instruments , they go quiet but will still maintain their ground. How many of them speak up against the skull mining pandemic going on in Yoruba land the same ebullient way the Igbos speak up against the mkpûrû mmiri menace? Being unable to criticize yourself and subsequently improve yourself as a group is a huge cultural flaw...

You all know I'm saying the truth but you will still abuse me for this..

Very true,many times I try to point this out but people label me Igbo,the southwest is the least developed region in Nigeria taking out LAGOS, Ibadan is just filthy ,dusty and rusty same with other Yoruba cities but yet Yoruba act like they superior to others not knowing others are living them behind,Yorubaland as no excuse for being rusty,but they refuse to admit their failures

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

(Part 2)The Real Truth On Rev. Lumenkristi Eboh And Bishop Owen Nwokolo Saga (2) / EXCLUSIVE: Gov Okowa Anoints Oborevwori As His Successor - Aide / Three Dead, 19 Injured As Explosion Rocks Drinking Joint In Taraba (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.