Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

To Wind Up Or To Mind Up - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / To Wind Up Or To Mind Up (183 Views)

Century Energy Debt Crisis: Creditors Bring Petition To Wind-up Century Energy S / Shareholders Demand Compensation As #GSK Announces Wind-up / Embarrassment: Black Pant Showing In The Wind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Wind Up Or To Mind Up by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2022
Friday is a day most of us are excited about because it is TGIF! for both students and workers. Everyone retires for a break for those who don't work by the weekend anyway.

It was evening, so, asphalt roads were getting dull, an after effect of the biggest star retiring for the day from this part of the world. It takes away with it tye mirage along on the roads but not tye congested roads of vehicles and people (now I think being a superman is cool). Traffic is like a daily ritual on some roads here.

I was walking to take a bus somewhere around the Lagos capital that evening. My footwear getting dusty from the tiny sand particles lifted into the thin air here and there. By the way, I am an excellent observer. At least most of the time. I observed some guys calling one another, and it appears they found someone they wanted to bait. Alas! I wasn't wrong. While the traffic was moving and halting, they sighted a car that perhaps have seen something they could pick from. Hence, the reason they reached out to one another - about 4-5 of them.

I was on the walk in the crowd of hundreds of people and observing how things unfold. Only one person was in the Jeep. The front door glass was a bit lowered at both his side and the passenger's seat next to it. One of the guys had a handkerchief in his hand (not exactly sure the purpose, like avoiding crime scene fingerprints or what?) and slowly dipped his hand into the passenger side through the slightly lowered door glass. I wondered what was happening why the man couldn't see that action at play.

Somehow, I crossed the road to get myself closer to the bus park. At the end of the boot on the other side was the second person creating a distraction sort of by hitting the vehicle from where he stood, drawing the man's attention to his side while the other culprit performed. I wasn't sure if the guy was able to pick anything but I saw him leave no sooner - raising his hands perhaps to signify a bad market or a mission accomplished. The crowd close by was screaming at the driver most likely to draw his attention but I couldn't decipher because I had walked past the scene.

While the who event happened, memories of real phone theft in action from cars played in my head African Avengers YouTube channel have recorded real-life situation theft but either with a fake phone or closely monitoring the perpetrators. Check the page out.

Well, this post is just one of the several ways these people operate as experienced. What then do I suggest from my observation? They are:

* If you're in traffic where people can easily move through, wind up especially when alone
* You could wind up to a level no hand can pass through from the passenger's seat should you be distracted
* You can keep your gadgets out of sight when you are driving alone. For instance, people prefer to place them on the center console between the two chairs.

Honestly, these are just basic precautions. You could even come up with others, do share with us. So many funny things can still catch us by surprise when not expected. This post is not to discuss the cause of decadence in people's values. I pray for our safety moving in and out of our homes and bereaved by the passing away just yesterday of a colleague, Aisha Bada. Condolences to the family, friends, and the whole of LASU.

I hope you enjoyed reading through it. The surprise comes up soon in the coming posts.

Stay safe and enjoy the new week.

IndigenousGenius

(1) (Reply)

I Would’ve Made Better Choices If My Dad Was Still Here / Give The Man A Pig Heart ... In Order To Save His Life! / Powerful Declaration Of Alaafin Of Oyo Estranged Wife Dami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.