Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... (7260 Views)

What's That Situation That Motivated You To Hustle Harder? / VACANCIES Company Based In Lagos, Is In Urgent Need Of The Following: / How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 11:30am On Jan 10, 2022
Taywon:

Access Bank

Thanks in anticipation
You are so disgusting, embarassed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by FineDragon(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2022
mactoni91:
50k Salary and you wan marry?

Lol...

Some guys just like unneccessary hardship.

Even me earning like x3 wont dread marriage now till things improve a little.

Don't let peer pressure/Family or even GF to push you into that marriage stuff.

Do not bring kids into this world or start a family that would end up cursing your existence. There's no Crime being unmarried.

It's far better to worry about yourself alone than to start worrying for yourself and others

Be sure you're financially stable before you venture into that institution.
Please is there sense in what this guy says all of a sudden, mumu talk

2 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Nicepoker(m): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
Taywon:

Access Bank

Thanks in anticipation
On top the guy predicament you still want overtake him. Na wa o.

5 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by ultiabaz36(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
lyriclekidd:

You wey dy manage to rent house of 150k still wan marry? Una no go kill me for this naija grin grin
Wetin I wan do now. I don dey wait for money to come since. Now, age no wan dey my side again
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Weyrehmod: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
ecomalchemist:
So sorry about your predicament OP, everybody get thier own story but i got still like drop small something for you brother make you see road small.

Drop your account details, thank you.

E go better, keep grinding.

Chaiii.. Nah Grace be this, me wey even open thread to solicit for help nobody help me
Nah street i dey sleep

Op is so lucky
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by ultiabaz36(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Nozino:

I paid 650k for a one bedroom in Asaba. Accommodation is gradually becoming a problem here in Nigeria.
One bedroom for 650k? Brother, that is too much na. You have deprived people like us access to get small accommodation kiss cry
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by ultiabaz36(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
mactoni91:
50k Salary and you wan marry?

Lol...

Some guys just like unneccessary hardship.

Even me earning like x3 wont dread marriage now till things improve a little.

Don't let peer pressure/Family or even GF to push you into that marriage stuff.

Do not bring kids into this world or start a family that would end up cursing your existence. There's no Crime being unmarried.

It's far better to worry about yourself alone than to start worrying for yourself and others

Be sure you're financially stable before you venture into that institution.

Why u dey talk laidis na. That God bless you with small change no mean say make u dey demotivate me. Just thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by ultiabaz36(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
Alaganature09:

If I get the 50k job now I go too happy...as I talk now am jobless still seeking for a job and I pray before the end of this month God will suprise me with a good job....
God will do the one that is even more than that for you brother.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by ultiabaz36(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
that magodo estate on the recent news some pay up to 5m for a room there and it is mainly because of yahoo boys that apartment prices have skyrocketed. My office landlord is already telling me he is adding to my rent this year and I ve told him we will put our legs in one trouser. These are just greed on the part of agents and landlords. You claim building materials have increased but was the home built at the time of the increase?

5m for apartment in magodo and government is planning to send them away. This country nawa undecided

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Weyrehmod: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
I went for job hunting last week... After going for interview and submitting my CV, i asked how much is the salary and i was told 20k with accommodation (cleaner in a mall)

I just burst tear, imagine 20k can't even cover my feeding for a month ( if i spend 700 for food in a day, a month is 21k) i don taya for 9ja

Make i go find yahoo do

2 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Bignuell(m): 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Taywon:

Access Bank

Thanks in anticipation
I go just transfer 1k now, add bitcoin for narrative, your eye go clear now 70 year old man grin

7 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Highorbit7O16: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
Wow. This is quite enlightening. I went looking for a self-con at mowe last week. Just a room, kitchen n bath n I was told the cheapest was 140K. I was surprised bcus I went as far as mowe looking for cheaper accommodation. Now someone is saying Magboro might be cheaper or I calm down and go as far as sagamu.
I don't mind the distance bcus most times I'd be at my office tiny lodge monday to friday, n spend the weekend at home.
Please guys where do you think I should face now? My budget is very low; 100K total

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Weyrehmod: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2022
Highorbit7O16:
Wow. This is quite enlightening. I went looking for a self-con at mowe last week. Just a room, kitchen n bath n I was told the cheapest was 140K. I was surprised bcus I went as far as mowe looking for cheaper accommodation. Now someone is saying Magboro might be cheaper or I calm down and go as far as sagamu.
I don't mind the distance bcus most times I'd be at my office tiny lodge monday to friday, n spend the weekend at home.
Please guys where do you think I should face now? My budget is very low; 100K total

Come Iperu/Ilisan make i help you dey manage the house when you're not around grin
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Weyrehmod: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
I need accommodation... Atleast where i fit squat dey pass the night

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Bignuell(m): 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
Weyrehmod:
I went for job hunting last week... After going for interview and submitting my CV, i asked how much is the salary and i was told 20k with accommodation (cleaner in a mall)

I just burst tear, imagine 20k can't even cover my feeding for a month ( if i spend 700 for food in a day, a month is 21k) i don taya for 9ja

Make i go find yahoo do
At this point sef, if i tell you make you no do yahoo, for your eye, i fit dey wicked. But make we dey ask ourself some question, shey you go continue to dey do am on the long run, what of if client no come dey use ordinary eye pay again, wetin you go do. Make i tell you one secret, if your grandmother still dey alive, grandma wey like you. Buy things wey she go appreciate carry go, tell her make she pray for you. Even your mama sef and carry God near body

5 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by GoLEarn: 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
Taywon:

Access Bank

Thanks in anticipation

Yahoo boy mentality.

Are you the op?
Is the op you?

5 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by soundOsonic: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
ultiabaz36:
It quite unfortunate that with my 150k I can't secure a R/P self-contained. I woke early this weekend, even earlier than my normal week day just because I want to go and look for shelter.

I have met with four different agent paying 12k agency fee but still telling same stories that with my 150k, I can get R/P but it will not have contained. I asked them what do they mean by getting R/P without contained, they said the house will lack water and electricity.

Gush! I said to them, I am not a Yahoo boy and my salary no pass 50k after hard labour for 30days and sometimes 32days but they said all the houses in Lagos is not for salary earner again but for the Yahoo boys and those related to Yahoo guys.

I wan cry today after I waka all the ipaja and it's axis looking wetin no lost and upon all d wahala, nothing show up. Then, I begin to reason in an abnormal way that is it the Landlords or the agents or the Yahoo boys that really made the cost of leaving in Lagos high laidis abi no be Lagos wey we dey rent house for 70k in 10yrs ago be dz. What has really changed gan paapa?

I met one fresh guy as I was about going home cos I am stressed out already. The way I see d guy, he came down from one car, vensa, very neat. I guess his age, I go old pass am but I said to him, Bros I need help ni o. He asked wetin I need? I told him I need like 1k dt I want eat and I want carry transport go work tomorrow (cos fear dey catch to touch the small money I get for my akant). This guy just pity me and told me politely that he can only give me #500 cos he no dey carry cash around. I thanked him and I continue my journey.

Please guys, I need R/P sefcon wey d rent no pass 150k. At least I go struggle for 4months to gather the money for another year. I need am for Ipaja and it's environs but I don't want Ayobo Sha. The main issue with me is the casual job I'm doing and I'm planning to marry dis year cos I don old small. If you fit help me with job, I go happy and I go appreciate am. At least make I comot the 50k level so I can pay my bills at ease small.

God bless you as you are about to bless me. Amen!!!
Go to ipaja command na. Self contain is between 150-180k.
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by chycco: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
5k/ bag of cement; Reason for the inflation is still unknown. Meanwhile we have plenty cement manufacturing companies in Nigeria.

Inflation rate of building materials and greed from the landlords and property agents, thus the reason for the rise of house rent.

3 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Highorbit7O16: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
Weyrehmod:

Come Iperu/Ilisan make i help you dey manage the house when you're not around grin
Iperu kor Shuperu ni

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by SamgoldBaba: 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
yuping:
undecided 150k hmmm too much money is not enough money. You no go see for that amount, unless you want a house you will hang your bed and chair whenever rain fall.

hmmm
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Weyrehmod: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
Highorbit7O16:
Iperu kor Shuperu ni

Lmao
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Weyrehmod: 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Bignuell:
At this point sef, if i tell you make you no do yahoo, for your eye, i fit dey wicked. But make we dey ask ourself some question, shey you go continue to dey do am on the long run, what of if client no come dey use ordinary eye pay again, wetin you go do. Make i tell you one secret, if your grandmother still dey alive, grandma wey like you. Buy things wey she go appreciate carry go, tell her make she pray for you. Even your mama sef and carry God near body

Actually i don't like to do yahoo or any illegal hustle, but i have no choice right now

Once i can make some money to establish myself I'll call it a quit... I was going to learn web development and dmain flipping this year but i don't even have money to repair my faulty laptop and pay for you tuition
I've been looking for job to raise the funds but i haven't seen any

Yahoo seems to be the best option atm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Nozino: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
ultiabaz36:

One bedroom for 650k? Brother, that is too much na. You have deprived people like us access to get small accommodation kiss cry

No oo. It’s not like that . Annual rent is 500k. Agency , legal and caution are 10% besides it’s difficult to get a nice place in Asaba. Dunno why. Probably due to insecurity in the East.
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Unibenfucker(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
ultiabaz36:
It quite unfortunate that with my 150k I can't secure a R/P self-contained. I woke early this weekend, even earlier than my normal week day just because I want to go and look for shelter.

I have met with four different agent paying 12k agency fee but still telling same stories that with my 150k, I can get R/P but it will not have contained. I asked them what do they mean by getting R/P without contained, they said the house will lack water and electricity.

Gush! I said to them, I am not a Yahoo boy and my salary no pass 50k after hard labour for 30days and sometimes 32days but they said all the houses in Lagos is not for salary earner again but for the Yahoo boys and those related to Yahoo guys.

I wan cry today after I waka all the ipaja and it's axis looking wetin no lost and upon all d wahala, nothing show up. Then, I begin to reason in an abnormal way that is it the Landlords or the agents or the Yahoo boys that really made the cost of leaving in Lagos high laidis abi no be Lagos wey we dey rent house for 70k in 10yrs ago be dz. What has really changed gan paapa?

I met one fresh guy as I was about going home cos I am stressed out already. The way I see d guy, he came down from one car, vensa, very neat. I guess his age, I go old pass am but I said to him, Bros I need help ni o. He asked wetin I need? I told him I need like 1k dt I want eat and I want carry transport go work tomorrow (cos fear dey catch to touch the small money I get for my akant). This guy just pity me and told me politely that he can only give me #500 cos he no dey carry cash around. I thanked him and I continue my journey.

Please guys, I need R/P sefcon wey d rent no pass 150k. At least I go struggle for 4months to gather the money for another year. I need am for Ipaja and it's environs but I don't want Ayobo Sha. The main issue with me is the casual job I'm doing and I'm planning to marry dis year cos I don old small. If you fit help me with job, I go happy and I go appreciate am. At least make I comot the 50k level so I can pay my bills at ease small.

God bless you as you are about to bless me. Amen!!!

Bro it's everywhere. My rent is 1.2Million/month here in Asaba Two bedroom apartment

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by coolhumble(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
Amen!

Maj196:
You be thief, still won use anoda man problem chop. Thunder fire you there

4 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Weyrehmod: 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
Unibenfucker:

Bro it's everywhere. My rent is 1.2Million/month here in Asaba Two bedroom apartment

1.2 what?? What's stopping you from building or buying a house

If you use 5 years for that house nah 6milli be that... Chaiii

Well u guess you're with your family

5 Likes

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by bewla(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
ecomalchemist:

You cannot invest what you don't have. Nigerians need to understand this. Most of the people were dey live for Mowe, iyana ipaja, Ibafo, Asese, Akute, Wawa, Magboro dey work for island no get any savings bro.

Most lagosians spend all their earnings on transportation, food and accommodation.

If e sup and you loose your job, you're just some months away from being homeless.

Lagos is not sustainable for salary workers, unless you dey collect salary of 300k upwards.

Na daily income sure pass for Lagos. Atleast 10k for a single person daily.

Even at that, you go think say 300k na big money until you dey pay school fees for 2 kids twice a year and it fizzles out.

Omo, many problems dey abeg...make I go face my own...cheers !
you are partly right but if you play Monopoly before it's just the pafect example of how life works

Out of noting you still got to save and invest wisely
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Naughtysex: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ikorodu is even worse
R &P self contain from #200k

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
Unibenfucker:

Asaba wey things be dey cheap b4 like some northern states? Wetin exactly dey happen dia wey prices of things just dey skyrocket? normally na ph and lagos wey be the most expensive state, but e be like currently asaba don overtake them
Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Unibenfucker(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
Senomi:

Asaba wey things be dey cheap b4 like some northern states? Wetin exactly dey happen dia wey prices of things just dey skyrocket? normally na ph and lagos wey be the most expensive state, but e be like currently asaba don overtake them

First of all buying a land in Asaba is relatively expensive cos Most of the land for ASABA boys don sell land finish to buy genuine land for ASABA hard 90% percent of land na resell then cost of building sef is high

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by amrichy(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Weyrehmod:

Actually i don't like to do yahoo or any illegal hustle, but i have no choice right now

Once i can make some money to establish myself I'll call it a quit... I was going to learn web development and dmain flipping this year but i don't even have money to repair my faulty laptop and pay for you tuition
I've been looking for job to raise the funds but i haven't seen any

Yahoo seems to be the best option atm
Before you get a laptop, you can still learn the basics of web development on your phone (if it is Android). There are different Android apps on playstore you can download for that purpose

1 Like

Re: Life In Lagos Is Getting Harder. Pls Help... by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
150k for selfcon?? Lol..

Look, you can only get such in Ikorodu, Ketu and Okoko area but anything mainland, hold your 350k. Total package, 500k.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment: 2,780 Candidates Sit For Examination In Jigawa / Whatsapp Job Group Link / NYIF Program - Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.