Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,011 members, 7,810,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals (5732 Views)

Osun Police Arrest Man With Body Parts Of His Friend's Girlfriend (Photo) / Osun Police Parade Kidnappers Who Killed & Dumped Bodies Of 2 Teenagers (Photo) / Osun Police Rescue 20-Year-Old Girl Locked Up By Her Father For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by Marilyn101: 6:48am On Jan 10, 2022
As part of the effort to guarantee tranquility and ensure safety of lives and properties, the Commissioner of Police, Osun State Command, CP Olawale Olokode has reteirated that the ban on all annual Carnivals in the State is still in full force.

In a press statement e-signed and released to the National Association of Online Security News Publishers, NAOSNP by the Command's Spokesperson, SP Opalola Yemisi Olawoyin stated that, "The Osun State Commissioner of Police, CP Olawale Olokode, psc, being mindful of his statutory duties and relentless efforts to guarantee tranquility, is using this medium to remind members of the public that the ban on Annual Carnival is still in force."

According to Opalola, "Members of the public are therefore warned to desist from organizing/holding any form of carnivals, as these could constitute a threat to security of members of the public."

"This warning becomes imperative as miscreants/hoodlums usually capitalize on the carnival to carry out their nefarious activities."

To guarantee water-tight security, the Commissioner of Police has given marching orders to DC operations, the Area Commanders, Divisional Police Officers and Tactical Commanders to embark on intensive patrols in all the nooks and crannies of the State to enforce the ban.

Parents and guardians are also advised to be security conscious and caution their wards to be law abiding as anyone found conducting himself or herself in a manner likely to cause breach of peace will be made to face the wrath of the law.

Residents and law abiding citizens are encouraged to give prompt and useful report of any suspicion by calling the following distress phone numbers: 08039537995, 08123823981, 08075872433 or report to the nearest Police Station.
https://trekafrica.net/headlines/osun-police-re-enforce-ban-on-annual-carnivals-as-cp-olokode-urges-parents-guardians-to-be-security-conscious/

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by ahuja12: 6:54am On Jan 10, 2022
undecided Useless corrupt police!

If they are truly reputable, why will they need to re-enforce a ban!

It’s because they have become a joke to Nigerians!

See what N50 bribe turned a whole police force into?

3 Likes

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by Oluromantic: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2022
No carnival in naija like calabar own.

Calabar carnival..I hail
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by inoki247: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2022
lol na afta the festive period don finish dem dey ban Carnival....

6 Likes

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by Gistville: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2022
Wow. That’s serious
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by Untainted007: 6:56am On Jan 10, 2022
Annual carnival is good but since it has been hijacked by cultists and thugs in the name of showing off supremacy of one occultic group or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by letitrainnow(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2022
Do U have an Android phone?
Do U have Whatsapp?
Check my signature below to learn how to earn 150k/month with it.
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by God1000(m): 6:59am On Jan 10, 2022
Why banning carnivals from holding, more measures should be put in place to forestall breakdown of law and order.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by Baawaa(m): 7:01am On Jan 10, 2022
Annual carnival is their problem
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by Awoo88: 7:03am On Jan 10, 2022
Wait ooo. What right has the police to ban anything. I thought their is to enforce laws and the judgment of the court. What court ban carniva in that state

4 Likes

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by Victorclean1: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2022
It very necessary to prevent excessive skull harvest from late home Comers by Afunjaaaa.

Since they have graduated to skull and organ harvest in murtuaries, it shows that there is scarcity of skull in SW.

Thanks Osun for this. Our skull need protection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by AFvckingAlpha(m): 7:07am On Jan 10, 2022
Naija cops, they dirty as fvck, never ever trust any word that come out from their mouth.

I said what I said
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by kennyz247(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2022
That's d only thing Nigerian police are good at.. useless and wicked set of plans people
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:10am On Jan 10, 2022
Y
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by sapientia(m): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2022
This is ridiculous

Was it the state government that banned it?
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by formular760: 7:12am On Jan 10, 2022
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by mactoni91(m): 7:12am On Jan 10, 2022
Decent Mini Flat around Shasha or Egbeda is urgently needed
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by amrichy(m): 7:15am On Jan 10, 2022
Abc
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by princeade86(m): 7:17am On Jan 10, 2022
Including osun shegeshe carnival?
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by merits(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2022
grin

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by nnanna69(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Busineessguru3:

Local G guy. U dey find who to scam abi...

I run POS centers in Lagos, I am looking for a partner who will put 100k in and get back 20k everymonth (10k part of your initial money and 10k returns on investment (ROI) every month) for 10 months contact me with the number below in my profile

1 Like

Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by FirmTR(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by dimexy247(m): 7:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Seen, bring your web related jobs and let's handle it for you.
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by kals4luv990(m): 7:27am On Jan 10, 2022
d gods go dey hungry dis year..and a hungry god is an..........
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by kals4luv990(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2022
I have a feeling MUMMY G.O has a hand in this matter grin
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by realstars: 7:30am On Jan 10, 2022
Good for them
Re: Osun Police Re-Enforce Ban On Annual Carnivals by drololaaof: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2022
Busineessguru3:
I run POS centers in Lagos, I am looking for a partner who will put 100k in and get back 20k everymonth (10k part of your initial money and 10k returns on investment (ROI) every month) for 10 months contact me with the number below in my profile
Why did you need to solicit for partner? How are you are getting the returns on investment back
Scammer .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Unidentified Man Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon / Youths gives Energy Drink to Thief So They can beat him Again. See Pics / Woman Hangs Herself And Her Child(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.