Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? (416 Views)

Is This Student Supposed To Score Zero? / How Is This Even Supposed To Be Possible In The World Of Magic? / FG Awards Scholarship To 200L UNIBEN Student Who Go To Construction Site For 2k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? by absool(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2022
What else are industrial trianees supposed to do in a road construction site aside observation and asking questions?
Re: What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? by absool(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2022
Cc lalastica
Re: What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? by absool(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2022
cc seun
Re: What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? by gfaruk(m): 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
It depend on where u are
Where i am am being tasked lik an assistant engineer
I give instructions, i supervise, i correct
Doing so have been learning alot
I rep d engineer on site
Bt wise up na all those artisan go teach u work
Especially those in site lab

2 Likes

Re: What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? by Abdullah36(m): 7:35am On Jan 11, 2022
Just completed mine few months ago. Apart from observation,
we carried out lab soil test almost weekly
We set out Alignment using the total station
We carried out levelling survey
There was a provision for culvert and drainage so we studied the design document and the Engineer hepls us to redesign the culvert, provide the BBS and also the cost estimate.

1 Like

Re: What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? by absool(m): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
Abdullah36:
Just completed mine few months ago. Apart from observation,
we carried out lab soil test almost weekly
We set out Alignment using the total station
We carried out levelling survey
There was a provision for culvert and drainage so we studied the design document and the Engineer hepls us to redesign the culvert, provide the BBS and also the cost estimate.

I did something similar (construction of road drainage)

I'll need your advice on something else btw

Ok let me go straight to the point. So I'm currently interning under a certain engineer and the job is almost finished (3 months and 2 weeks out of the normal 6 months).

He tells me that the next site is at Abeokuta far from where I live. Do bear in mind also that the is a none payment industrial training and I've tried to renegotiate the agreement but to not avail.

So I am planning on focusing on learning structural engineering softwares and if time permits, Data Science. Here is the problem, I don't know if this path will in any way affect me during my defense (since I will not be able to complete the training period)

1 Like

Re: What Else Are Industrial Trianees Supposed To Do In A Road Construction Site? by christejames(m): 8:21am On Apr 13, 2022
absool:

I did something similar (construction of road drainage)

I'll need your advice on something else btw

Ok let me go straight to the point. So I'm currently interning under a certain engineer and the job is almost finished (3 months and 2 weeks out of the normal 6 months).

He tells me that the next site is at Abeokuta far from where I live. Do bear in mind also that the is a none payment industrial training and I've tried to renegotiate the agreement but to not avail.

So I am planning on focusing on learning structural engineering softwares and if time permits, Data Science. Here is the problem, I don't know if this path will in any way affect me during my defense (since I will not be able to complete the training period)

You must not learn everything from the company you are interning. Construction goes on everyday in Nigeria... If your boss goes to Abeokuta without you, just keep yourself busy by visiting any neighboring construction site, introduce yourself and learn. You never can tell where Favour will even come from...

(1) (Reply)

Online Assignment Help In UAE / Does FUNAAB Offer Accounting Courses? / How To Study Maths And Score Top Grades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.