Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? (1168 Views)

Seychelles Places A Ban On Nigerian Passport Holders / My Trip To Fiji And Travel Tips For Nigerian Passport Holders / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Visasolution048: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Good day, great Nairalanders...I need una help abeg...My friend who is an American is planning to come to Nigeria in April precisely. I'm kinda confused about some stuff. Please I need you guys' help to clarify some of my confusion.

1) As an American Passport holder, does she need a Nigerian Visa to get into Nigeria?

2) If yes. Please how does she go about it...Should she go to Nigerian Embassy in the U.S to apply for a visa or She can get a Visa on Arrival because she plans to stay for just 7 days...

3) If she has to go through the Nigerian embassy in the United States. Does she have to do it The Normal Nigerian way to get the visa approved? And how long does it take to be ready.?

I will appreciate comments from people with experience...

MODs please help me to the front page...
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by sholatech(m): 11:25am On Jan 10, 2022
Every foreigner needs a visa to come into Nigeria. For an American national she can Apply for Visa on Arrival or go to the Nigerian Embassy in USA. Visa on arrival is simple and faster and is via the Nigeria immigration website
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Visasolution048: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2022
sholatech:
Every foreigner needs a visa to come into Nigeria. For an American national she can Apply for Visa on Arrival or go to the Nigerian Embassy in USA. Visa on arrival is simple and faster and is via the Nigeria immigration website

Thanks and God bless...

When she does the application..is she gonna make any sort of payment online ?
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by sholatech(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2022
Visasolution048:

Thanks and God bless...

When she does the application..is she gonna make any sort of payment online ?

Yes-she will make online payment for the Visa on Arrival
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Visasolution048: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
sholatech:

Yes-she will make online payment for the Visa on Arrival
Okay thank you boss...God bless you.
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Karlovich: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
embarassed Tell her to do all the necessary applications for visa from the States and avoid making payments for visa on arrival in Nigeria.
She might get to Nigeria for that and she will be told they didn't receive any payments or that the individual charge of visa on arrival processing is currently not available, or some other stupid excuse in a bid to extort her.
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by BigDawsNet: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
Visasolution048:
Good day, great Nairalanders...I need una help abeg...My friend who is an American is planning to come to Nigeria in April precisely. I'm kinda confused about some stuff. Please I need you guys' help to clarify some of my confusion.

1) As an American Passport holder, does she need a Nigerian Visa to get into Nigeria?

2) If yes. Please how does she go about it...Should she go to Nigerian Embassy in the U.S to apply for a visa or She can get a Visa on Arrival because she plans to stay for just 7 days...

3) If she has to go through the Nigerian embassy in the United States. Does she have to do it The Normal Nigerian way to get the visa approved? And how long does it take to be ready.?

I will appreciate comments from people with experience...

MODs please help me to the front page...

All American passport holder who are not NigerianCitizens or PR will require a Visa to visit Nigeria ..

She can visit the Embassy or probably apply online for Visa on arrival... She will pay and submit the requirements and wait for decision

She can contact the nearest Nigeria embassy and book an appointment...make she she has all necessary doc before she apply

Goodluck
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by jum33: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
BigDawsNet:

All American passport holder who are not NigerianCitizens or PR will require a Visa to visit Nigeria ..

She can visit the Embassy or probably apply online for Visa on arrival... She will pay and submit the requirements and wait for decision

She can contact the nearest Nigeria embassy and book an appointment...make she she has all necessary doc before she apply

Goodluck
PR ? grin so naija too dey give PR just like canada
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by BigDawsNet: 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
jum33:

PR ? grin so naija too dey give PR just like canada

You don't know we have PR in Nigeria, which is also called CERPAC GREEN CARD? We hav couple of foreigners on naija PR and are awaiting one day they will be qualified to get a passport...

Do you even know it's not easy to acquire Nigeria PR... The least the gov will give a foreigner is TPR... They will give u option to renew it for years till they feel you have been around enough for them to consider you...

come And see Rejoice and Celebration when one of the white finally picks up a Nigerian passport after waiting for over 10years...

We may not know the value as a citizen...but foreigner will do anything to get their hands on the Nigerian passport....

1 Like

Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by davodyguy: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
BigDawsNet:

You don't know we have PR in Nigeria, which is also called CERPAC GREEN CARD? We hav couple of foreigners on naija PR and are awaiting one day they will be qualified to get a passport...

Do you even know it's not easy to acquire Nigeria PR... The least the gov will give a foreigner is TPR... They will give u option to renew it for years till they feel you have been around enough for them to consider you...

come And see Rejoice and Celebration when one of the white finally picks up a Nigerian passport after waiting for over 10years...

We may not know the value as a citizen...but foreigner will do anything to get their hands on the Nigerian passport....

They think so down about the country, forgetting some 0wople are dying for our local foods
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Linsigne(m): 1:37am On Jan 11, 2022
Yes they do ,
She needs to apply or you can get her a good visa agent to do that in three days it should be out
Check out njetours on instagram
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Visasolution048: 6:21am On Jan 11, 2022
Linsigne:
Yes they do ,
She needs to apply or you can get her a good visa agent to do that in three days it should be out
Check out njetours on instagram
Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Lisaint(m): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
Chiefs

Pls whats the meaning of that PR?
Re: Do American Passport Holders Need A Visa To Get Into Nigeria? by Visasolution048: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lisaint:
Chiefs

Pls, what's the meaning of that PR?

Permanent Residence .

(1) (Reply)

Help Me / Masters Tuition Fees And Visa To The Uk Almost For Peanut / Any Good Cargo Operator From Uk To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.